Hair

jackhammer91406
This topic is 4810 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I attended the touring production of HAIR here in Los Angeles last night. It's hard to believe that I was a young disenfranchised youth when this show first burst upon the scene with it's tribal feel and unbridled enthusiasm.

As young people growing up, we had been fed a musical diet of CAROUSEL and OKLAHOMA. HAIR was the first musical I recall in my lifetime that spoke to the problems and issues facing my generation. I was mesmerized anew with the music, story and performances. A true love-in.

It's in a limited run at the Pantages theater in Hollywood, but will continue on tour around the country. Great cast and strong production values.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if the touring show is being produced by the same individuals who did the recent Broadway revival. Over the years I've seen a couple, bad, national tours. However, I saw it on Broadway a year ago, and it was one of the most amazing theater experiences I've ever had! Being on the front row wasn't bad, either.

Thanks Jackhammer for posting this thread. As is not habit, I had wanted to see Hair in NYC but never got off my ass to make it happen. Your post got me wondering if it would make its way to Boston and sure enough, I got tickets here to see it in March...I am so looking forward to it....

• 1 month later...
Thanks Jackhammer for posting this thread. As is not habit, I had wanted to see Hair in NYC but never got off my ass to make it happen. Your post got me wondering if it would make its way to Boston and sure enough, I got tickets here to see it in March...I am so looking forward to it....

I saw the travelling production of Hair in Boston on Sunday...I was very pleased and impressed with the production. Given the music and it's exhuberance, the play really pushed out a lot of energy to keep it moving. This is one musical where seeing the production is much more meaningful and fun than listening to a recording. I was also grateful for the play's framework which holds it all together when seeing it performed.

Archived