Christmas Camel Catastrophe...

JackTwist
This topic is 4932 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Never use live animals for this nonsense

According to the YouTube, "This video is no longer available due to the copyright claim of the First Baptist Church of West Palm Beach". If it wasn't weird enough that a live camel was used for entertainment purposes (I'm assuming from another response the camel was in a situation where it could have been hurt), this church has a copyright claim?

As far as I am concerned, and I am only guessing at what the situation was, the camel should have trampled several of the idiots who were participating in the shameless use of an animal for human entertainment. Happens all the time and nobody every learns.

The only Christmas miracle would be that people would realize that a camel doesn't belong in a Christmas pageant.

Guest DuchessIvanaKizznhugg
... those christians are getting crazy !!! [/color] :eek:

They have 2,000 years of practice!

No wonder they're so good at it. :rolleyes:

Guest greatness

I don't know about you. I have seen many christians do wonderful things in my life. A friend of mine adopted several abandoned kids. They love those kids with true love and care. They are growing up as happy kids. I have seen a christian man helping out poor guys every day with what little he has. When my grandmother had no one to turn to she relied on Christ after her husband died and his first wife took everything he owned. Without any education she couldn't find a good job. Her faith was the only thing she could rely on and live through her painful poor life. After a couple of days she died, she appeared in my mother's dream and told my mom that she was well and healed. She was dancing in happiness. I don't know how to explain that but that dream comforted me a lot and made me believe that there is something after death. One of my friends got tortured once was unfairly prisoned. In the prison a good christian friend took care of him and read him the bible when he was in extreme pain to comfort him. He was able to survive the desperate moment of his life due to that kind minister who was also prisoned unfairly. I think it is not right for me to say all gays are crazy because a few gay guys do crazy things. The same thing applies here too.

They have 2,000 years of practice!

No wonder they're so good at it.[/color][/size][/font] :rolleyes:

And there is more to the story....

Of course, here is the full story of the camel that was used in the Christmas pageant. Check out the other documented abuses (linked below) regarding animals used in the same manner. PETA rocks for shining a light on the whole story and why it is never a good idea to use live animals in these settings.

FROM PETA'S WEBSITE:

Thankfully, the camel, LulaBell, wasn't hurt (nor were the stunned folks she fell on), but other animals used in passion plays, live Nativity scenes, and holiday photo ops haven't fared so well. Animals have been savagely beaten, hit and killed by cars after bolting, sexually assaulted, suffocated, and stolen and slaughtered.

We understand that LulaBell was rented from a company called Animals in Motion. The company's owner, Tim Rivers, has a long criminal history involving illegal animal trafficking, cruelty to animals, and U.S. Department of Agriculture violations.

We've called on First Baptist Church to stop using animals in displays, events, and so on. If a church in your area uses live animals in holiday promotions, please politely urge it to end the practice and to give animals a reason to celebrate too.

Archived