Orca @ seaworld is confined and masturbated

Michael Vincenzo
This topic is 4919 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Does everyone remember the recent Killer Whale incident at Sea World in Orlando, FL? In short one of the confined Orcas, Tilikum, who has been held in captivity for over 30 years, violently killed it's trainer in front of a live audience. Perhaps there's a reason why killer whales are called "killer" whales. Tilikum didn't give his keeper, Dawn Brancheau, a little playful toss or misjudge and hold her under water just a second too long for her to survive. He shook her like a rag doll, slammed her into the side of the pool, stopped her from surfacing, and tore her body apart.

Since this incidence (the third person to lose their life to this Orca), Tilikum has been relegated to the "F pool," a solid-sided concrete pool that measures just 36 feet long and 25 feet wide. Tilikum is 22 1/2 feet long with a wide girth. He weighs more than 12,000 pounds. So he has to scrunch just to turn around. And once turned, there he is again, nose against the other wall. He has been condemned to hang in place in the water indefinitely.

And here's the kicker: He has been trained to roll over, which allows trainers to masturbate him with a gloved hand and collect his semen in a container. His semen is frozen for later use or used immediately to inseminate female orcas at one of SeaWorld's parks so as to provide additional animals to use in shows.

Life in a tiny concrete tank is no life at all for these animals, as evidenced by the death of Tilikum's 12-year-old son at SeaWorld San Diego. Twelve! This orca would likely have lived to be 50 or 60 in the open sea, his rightful home.

In captivity, because the enclosures are meager puddles compared to the open sea, Orca's dorsal fins will always flop over. How sad is that?

Please do not support these pathetic parks or aquariums that will always misguide you under the notion that these places are educational. I am not just talking about marine animal parks either; this includes aquariums.

I strongly believe that when people know this information, and still remain complicit in supporting these "places", that they have no right to complain when life treats them unfairly, unjustly, or with disregard. As with sexism, racism, and speciesism, the common denominator is needless discrimination.

I thought this might lighten up the tone from my previous post. This is a letter written to the President of Sea World, by "Big Dicked" Tommie Lee:

Terry W. Prather

President, SeaWorld

Dear Mr. Prather,

After learning about the bizarre way you breed killer whales, my friends at PETA and I are stumped about SeaWorld's announcement that no people will ever again have direct contact with Tilikum, the orca who has killed 3 people including his trainer this year. We understand that you refuse to release this frustrated whale because he is your chief sperm bank, and we know from SeaWorld's own director of safety (as well as videos on the web) that the way you get his sperm is by having someone get into the pool and masturbate him with a cow's vagina filled with hot water. Even during my wildest days with Motley Crue, I never could've imagined something so sick and twisted. Simply put, how can SeaWorld claim that trainers no longer have direct contact with this whale when they are jacking him off? That is about as "direct" as it gets. I hope it doesn't take another tragic death for SeaWorld to realize it shouldn't frustrate these smart animals by keeping them in tanks.

Sincerely,

Tommy Lee

Fucking Hilarious!

I'll bet if I titled this post "HUMONGOUS COCK GETS JACKED OFF IN ORLANDO THEME PARK" someone would read it.

LOL...I just read it (then again Im not a size queen). I think its pretty sad that the lady got ripped to shreads...

Well, what am I going to do with these SeaWorld tickets?

I strongly believe that when people know this information, and still remain complicit in supporting these "places", that they have no right to complain when life treats them unfairly, unjustly, or with disregard. As with sexism, racism, and speciesism, the common denominator is needless discrimination.

well, if thats the case then that means anyone who owns a dog and walks them on a leash around their neck and jerks it if they try to move ahead should also be disregarded. Yet today, its perfectly normal...and no one thinks twice. Hell, even kids are walking around with leashes nowadays.

I don't think aquariums are necessarily bad either because (correct me if Im wrong) animals in there are captive-bred. In addition, there are guidelines on how much water/space is needed for certain animals. For example, I wanted to purchase a Bala shark, but when I found out they grow large and need 120 gallon tanks, I decided not to.

I mean, if we really want to deal with the human aspect of it, then perhaps no one should own any pet (against their will and in confinement, rather than able to roam and explore miles of territory...) and that we should only be able to watch them in their natural habitat where they will live freely. No hamsters, no fish, no cats being confined to a house 24/7 never seeing the light of day, no birds being caged and wings being clipped.

I love animals as much as you do, but having animals in an aquarium/zoo is no different than keeping one at home. Personally, as long as the habitat is ample and maintained properly, and food and company to keep them busy...I highly doubt they are suffering of boredom.

I'll bet if I titled this post "HUMONGOUS COCK GETS JACKED OFF IN ORLANDO THEME PARK" someone would read it.

Had you titled it that way, I would have thought you started putting on shows at Disney World. :)

But seriously...

I don't support parks that treat animals this way. The concept of training killer whales (or dolphins or sea lions or...) to entertain us bothers me, let alone punishing a huge whale by keeping him in a tank that is so small. It is just wrong.

Had you titled it that way, I would have thought you started putting on shows at Disney World. :)

But seriously...

I don't support parks that treat animals this way. The concept of training killer whales (or dolphins or sea lions or...) to entertain us bothers me, let alone punishing a huge whale by keeping him in a tank that is so small. It is just wrong.

What about training dogs? So they can obey/entertain us right? I've seen dogs get punished far worse than what this whale may have gotten. Hit, kicked and beaten simply for being...a bitch. So lets stop owning dogs too...

Lets try this: I don't support people that treat animals this way. The concept of training dogs (or dolphins or sea lions or...) to entertain us bothers me, let alone punishing a huge dog by keeping him in a crate that is so small. It is just wrong.

I've seen dogs get punished far worse than what this whale may have gotten. Hit, kicked and beaten simply for being...a bitch. So lets stop owning dogs too...

Well, children also get beaten and abused, so let's also stop parenting and just let kids roam free and raise themselves? I agree with you that it's horrible when animals are abused, but comparing abuse to training is just unfair and wrong. Dogs and cats are domestic animals who become roadkill if they aren't kept on leashes and trained. It's not the same for whales.

Dogs and cats are domestic animals who become roadkill...

And so do deer and elk...thats why we have hunting season. I almost had a heartattack when I seen a doe with her little fawn standing about 5 feet from the 75 mph speed limit highway I was on the other week...

But no, I was not suggesting pets not be trained and certainly wasn't comparing them to training a snotty nose child. But, the part where he mention 'justice'...how just and fair is keeping any pet in captivity/confinement? I can understand the part about training/beating....but I just do not agree with the part about if someone goes to the Florida aquarium, or Parrot Jungle in Miami; pays fucking $50 to get in...that they deserve to be treated poorly. The average f-cking joe schmo has no idea about Free Willy being jerked off. They are just going to a show, viewing some animals in a tank the size of their house, and think they are supporting nature. Why should he have to suffer?

But no, I was not suggesting pets not be trained and certainly wasn't comparing them to training a snotty nose child. But, the part where he mention 'justice'...how just and fair is keeping any pet in captivity/confinement? I can understand the part about training/beating....but I just do not agree with the part about if someone goes to the Florida aquarium, or Parrot Jungle in Miami; pays fucking $50 to get in...that they deserve to be treated poorly. The average f-cking joe schmo has no idea about Free Willy being jerked off. They are just going to a show, viewing some animals in a tank the size of their house, and think they are supporting nature. Why should he have to suffer?

I don't think anyone deserves to be treated poorly. I do believe that if you intentionally support places/industries that have denied a living creature everything that is natural to them, after knowing the truth about what goes on, then you do not have the right to complain about the injustices that happen in your life. As Martin Luther King said, "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere".

I do agree that the average person does not know what goes on behind the scenes, or in the capture of these creatures, or in slaughterhouses, or puppy mills, or greyhound racing, or horse racing, or zoos, or circuses......I love shining a light on these things because somewhere along the way, there was a leap from humanity to inhumanity; it is typically when money becomes the motivating factor. This is definitely something that I am passionate about as I do not like suffering of any kind.

I follow animal related issues closely because animals cannot speak for themselves. Industries never want you to know the real truth behind these things and that is why I absolutely love PETA for their groundbreaking investigations.

Who would think that greyhound racing would be so horrific. Most people think that the owners feed them well, groom them daily, and cheer from the sidelines to watch their little "Speedy", run. That is not the truth at all. Just last October, after the greyhound track closed for the year, a man left 37 dogs behind in crates; 32 starved to death and were not found until the smell alerted someone to the scene at the closed racetrack. This is not an isolated incidence! Greyhounds are found in mass graves with their tattooed ears cut off as to not identify the person who killed them after the season was over and they were no longer needed. Does this surprise you? So, when someone is trying very hard to close down greyhound racetracks, there is a reason other than they don't think cute dogs should be working so hard.

In regard to your comment about dogs being on leashes, I make sure that my dogs get adequate exercise daily. When I walk them, I consider that they have been in the house for a while and when they want to sniff around I let them; in the house they are denied what is natural to them. I take them off the leash and let them run as much as possible and I'm sure it is more than adequate. My dogs are not accessories to me; their needs (not just food and shelter) are considered daily.

I agree that most people should not have pets, especially when I see someone come home from work and let their dog out to pee and then right back in. Animals that are denied things that are natural to them lose their spirit to live, in my opinion. Very sad!

Kindness is very easy! It is something that is natural to us! ....lest we forget.

The only time I ever went to a zoo or aquarium (Sea World actually) was when I was very young. I don't remember it, but as my father tells the story I was really troubled by the whole thing. I know we saw the whales, and I guess I asked my dad whether it hurt the whales to be in the tanks instead of the ocean. He said no, it's just like when I go to work at my office and then come home at night. So, as the story goes, I asked whether the whales get to go home to their families at night. He said yes but I was too young to understand it all. Evidently I cried about it all night. So much for family fun in Florida. My parents never took me to a zoo again.

My take on zoos is that they are absolutely horrible. Even if these animals are bred in captivity they still retain their natural instincts. They are not like dogs and cats (and the analogies presented by other posters are crazy). You think zoos can replicate natural habits, which many claim to do? These animals are meant to live in specific climates and environmental conditions to which they've adapted over thousands of years. You think these conditions are replicated in a zoo? Many are social animals meant to travel in packs/herds that sometimes number in the hundreds. How many elephants do you see in a cage at your local zoo? They often roam dozens (more?) of square miles at a time. You think a zoo is offers that? All wilds animals hunt or forage for their own food. I'd like to see a pack of wolves descend on and dismember another living animal at the zoo in full view of all the toddlers and their parents - that would put an end to all this zoo nonsense real fast. I'm sure that a real quick google will reveal that these animals all develop serious mental health problems as a result of living in captivity, away from their natural environs. They're just animals you say? They don't have rights? Well, maybe not, but if you think it's ok to subject these animals to conditions that in some cases are tantamount to torture, then, well, I can't even finish this sentence because I don't even know what to say to you.

Think about it like this. For an animal like a lion that rules what - 50 square miles (I'm making that up, but am sure that it's a large territory) - that is put into a pen with 1-2 square miles. That's like a human living in a jail cell. A human that did nothing wrong. How many of you go to prisons and look at the animals in their cages there? And do you want to be forced into a jail cell and get masturbated against your will (ok, you got me there...that WOULD be fun for an overnight...).

I really admire Michael's passion for animal rights. He posts a lot here about such topics, and while I don't always agree with him (I usually do, but not always), I really dig it that he is willing to take a stand and be so vocal about it.

Michael, do you have any suggestions about how those of us who are concerned can best be heard? I just googled "online petition orca" and I see that there are several of these running, but that might even dilute the issue additionally. I'm wondering if there's a particular advocacy group that you can recommend which is targeting this issue. I really dislike, intensely, the idea of that animal being confined this way. It's not the animal's fault that it lashed out and yet this seems like extreme punishment.

While I don't condone any kind of animal cruelty I do believe most US zoos take good care of their animals. They were born and raised in them and no nothing else. I mean if they can reproduce their natural habitat then what is the issue? Of coarse I'm thinking of places like the San Diego Zoo or something.

It's also interesting how people draw the line between live stalk animals, pets, and zoo animals. I mean are cows, pigs, or chickens any less then your typical zoo animal. Yet thousands get slaughtered every day in often filthy cramped conditions and I don’t hear much of any arguments for their mental well being.

Thank you!

I really admire Michael's passion for animal rights. He posts a lot here about such topics, and while I don't always agree with him (I usually do, but not always), I really dig it that he is willing to take a stand and be so vocal about it.

Thank you for the nice compliment. I have always been a huge animal lover. There is something about animals, in my opinion, that is so centered and connected to a stream of consciousness that we as humans have strayed far away from; I am very drawn to that!

The more educated I have become about animal welfare related issues, the more outspoken I have become. It has taught me to question everything, dig for the truth, and become much more intellectual in my thinking process. It's amazing how this one subject has caused such a paradigm shift in my consciousness.

While I don't condone any kind of animal cruelty I do believe most US zoos take good care of their animals. They were born and raised in them and no nothing else. I mean if they can reproduce their natural habitat then what is the issue? Of coarse I'm thinking of places like the San Diego Zoo or something.

It's also interesting how people draw the line between live stalk animals, pets, and zoo animals. I mean are cows, pigs, or chickens any less then your typical zoo animal. Yet thousands get slaughtered every day in often filthy cramped conditions and I don’t hear much of any arguments for their mental well being.

Most people do think that zoos are looking out for the best interests of the animals they confine. Not one zoo on this planet can reproduce the natural habitat of an animal because in nature animals have the entire world as their habitat; of course they don't use the world, but that should be their option, in my opinion.

Many people sing the praises of the San Diego Zoo. Would you still sing their praises if you found out that in 2003, the San Diego Zoo and Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo captured and imported 11 African elephants from Swaziland? Zoos treat animals as commodities and sell them, trade them, sometimes slaughter them, and often times they break up animal groups have formed relationships; elephants are a great example of this! If you ever see a lone elephant, that is abuse!

Check out this link for more information about zoos: http://www.peta.org/about/why-peta/zoos.aspx

Maybe you don't know me well, Jaker27, but I certainly do not draw the line between animals raised for food, pets, and zoo animals. They are all sentient beings! I do not eat animals because of my beliefs and I'm much healthier physically and spiritually because of this. Before anyone gets completely turned off by that notion, I am centered enough to realize that my choices do not have to be your choices. However, I will never turn down an opportunity to have an healthy discussion/debate about the choices that I make. I only know what is best for me and what is best for me is to do my best not to contribute to suffering of any kind.

Michael, do you have any suggestions about how those of us who are concerned can best be heard? I just googled "online petition orca" and I see that there are several of these running, but that might even dilute the issue additionally. I'm wondering if there's a particular advocacy group that you can recommend which is targeting this issue. I really dislike, intensely, the idea of that animal being confined this way. It's not the animal's fault that it lashed out and yet this seems like extreme punishment.

Hey there Spark12! I am a huge fan of PETA and follow them closely on a daily basis. They have action alerts that you can participate in and, sometimes, they are effective at creating change. If you are interested in participating in the action alert against Sea World, here is a link: https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2945

Because I pay attention to all of the issues related to animals, it is very frustrating that there is never a moment when an "issue" isn't found. What works for me is to write letters, talk to people when the opportunity arises, not support organizations that harm animals and let them know why I don't support them (you should see the look of shock on someone's face when they ask me for a donation for a charity that tests on animals! That is a great opportunity for me to let them know why I won't support that charity), demonstrate publicly, and be the example that I wish to see in the world. And most importantly, for me, the best thing to do is not get depressed about these issues....the animals need me!

Archived