The A List - A Guilty Pleasure

N13
This topic is 4924 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am amazed that no one has posted anything about The A List. Knowing that reality TV and reality have nothing to do with each other, I am finding the show fascinating...a true guilty pleasure!

My personal favorite is "bad boy" Austin who seems to be having a wonderful time both chewing the scenery and taking off his clothes every chance he has.

The acting is as bad as the scripting but it is fun! Suggest you give it a try.

Other thoughts?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am amazed that no one has posted anything about The A List. Knowing that reality TV and reality have nothing to do with each other, I am finding the show fascinating...a true guilty pleasure!

My personal favorite is "bad boy" Austin who seems to be having a wonderful time both chewing the scenery and taking off his clothes every chance he has.

Other thoughts?

http://www.companyofmen.org/showthread.php?76200-A-list-gays

I'm with you...

Although most of my friends would disparage the program. I admit it's a guilty pleasure of mine to follow the travails of the "A list" gays- most of whom bear little in resemblance to any accomplished gay man in nyc I know. My favorite character is Ryan who actually quite sweet and well intended.

My most detested character is Derek who is just a gossip monger and trouble maker.

Other thoughts?

Don't be amazed this garbage is embarrassing to any and ALL Dick Lovers!

I'm amazed but not surprised with this group of Self Absorbed over the top even for NYC.. CAST OF CHARACTERS.

Austin is just as obnoxious as the rest and definitely in no way ATTRACTIVE he's the Best they could come up with?

This show and the sad antics and BAD Script make "Queer Eye look like Masterpiece Theater"!

I've been forcing myself to watch this "fluff!" I guess I watch it for some of the "eye candy." I love Ryan's and his partner's looks but don't particularly like their relationship. They should have waited a while before moving in together, etc. Don't like Austin or those other "queens," though. They're much too bitchy for me, and I am glad that I did not surround myself during my years of being highly sociable with a lot of men with all of that ego and feeling of ultra importance.

This show truly pales in comparison with "Queer Is Folk!" I really liked this program for what it had to offer (characterization, plot, theme, etc.).

I love Ryan's and his partner's looks but don't particularly like their relationship. They should have waited a while before moving in together, etc.

Axiom ... I think you're referring to Reichen and Rodiney. Although they have shown Ryan's husband a couple of times, they have not covered their relationship much at all.

I watched about 20 min, could not stomach it .

I think its sending the wrong message to str8 people

and/or someone thats having a hard time dealing with there feelings,

like is the what being gay means ?

I'm sure they are playing it up for the camera But unfortunatly maybe that's what being gay means too them. As far as sending the wrong message to str8 people you can say that about a number of things not just this show. There's allot of gay men myself included that thinks gay pride at times sends the wrong image to people. But allot of that's the media's doing. Watch the news when a gay prides in town and see who the camera focuses on.

http://www.jeremystouch.com/adult/austin.jpg

Could that be a Hoovillite in the background?

I think it is Marc Jacobs.

As for the show sending the wrong message...is it any different than any of the Real whatevers of whereever? The only message it sends imho is that there are always fame *****s looking to ply thier trade...and conversly there are people who like to watch them.

I still think Austin is adorable and would not mind a few hours in bed with him!!!

Guest greatness

Aww I think the guy in the background is a bit cute and dressed sensibly. I like his eye glasses. Call me if you come to my area. Kisses and hugs~~~

Axiom ... I think you're referring to Reichen and Rodiney. Although they have shown Ryan's husband a couple of times, they have not covered their relationship much at all.

Thanks for correcting me. I watched the show last eve (11/08/10) and do not like how Reichen's and Rodiney's relationship is turning out. They're on the verge of breaking up due to trust issues. Too bad. I think they connected as a couple much too quickly anyway. <But I will continue to view "A-List" until the end! It begins at 10p and ends at 11; I am in bed resting, so this is a good time to view this "light fluff!"

Brazilian RODINEY is the ONLY redeeming Factor to this Show! Hopefully we will be seeing more of him and NEVER AGAIN the rest of this "8th Ave" WANNABE Crowd!

JT has spoken! LOL

I've loved RODINEY from the very beginning. Liked his modeling session last night where he seemed to be in full bloom in some of those brief, briefs (...actual name of them escapes my brain right now). I, too, hope to see more of him and less of the others (who don't interest me at all except for the guy who didn't show up to meet the guy's mother).

Guys, I'm sorry that I don't remember the names of characters very well; this has happened to me regarding other shows, too. Perhaps their not making an impact on me is the cause for this!

interesting to note that Rodiney acknowledged they were having unprotected sex because he thought they were in a relationship. I suppose thats a choice one is entitled to make but in this case it makes you wonder if beauty=brains.

I watched that today on line while having lunch. all i could do is shake my head that foolish man

Archived