What to do about vinyl

g56whiz
This topic is 2108 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

OK fellow opera queens, I need some advice.

In the late '60's, I was one of the troops DeGaulle kicked out of France. In the process, I "liberated" a collection of LP's that were being abandoned by the Red Cross library at an hospital being closed. Then there's my collection of early music LP's that antedate that.

Now I'm about to move and "deacquiring". I've neither the time, patience or opportunity to catalog this collection. Any suggestions?

Also have a neat collection of Laser disks, mostly opera and major movies (Amadeus, Casablanca, Barry Lyndon etc.) all of which are now available on DVD.

Search for an audiophile...

Of course there is the Princeton Record Exchange... http://www.princetonrecordexchange.com/sell.html but don't expect them to pay much at all.

Your best bet is to find a store that appeals to audiophiles that crave vinyl... the type of individuals who feel that turntables and tubes sound much better than CDs and solid state electronics. There are/were several in NYC, but I don't recall the names of the establishments...

Edited by whipped guy

Donate them to Daddy?

http://www.working-well.org/articles/article_images/nonchalant.jpg

OK fellow opera queens, I need some advice.

In the late '60's, I was one of the troops DeGaulle kicked out of France. In the process, I "liberated" a collection of LP's that were being abandoned by the Red Cross library at an hospital being closed. Then there's my collection of early music LP's that antedate that.

Now I'm about to move and "deacquiring". I've neither the time, patience or opportunity to catalog this collection. Any suggestions?

Also have a neat collection of Laser disks, mostly opera and major movies (Amadeus, Casablanca, Barry Lyndon etc.) all of which are now available on DVD.

If Daddy is more interested in the content than the delivery medium and wants to digitize them, and since he's said he's a person-of-mac, he may already have

an excellent tool for taking out clicks and pops. When you get Toast (anything greater than version 7) it somes with a helper app called "Spin Doctor",

which has 3 stereo-only versions of the same denoising options that you literally used to have to pay tens of thousands of dollars to obtain from Roxio's

parent company, Sonic Solutions.

• 7 years later...
What to do about vinyl

When you get Toast (anything greater than version 7) it somes with a helper app called "Spin Doctor", which has 3 stereo-only versions of the same denoising options that you literally used to have to pay tens of thousands of dollars to obtain from Roxio's parent company, Sonic Solutions.

1647248.gif