TRUST is it a MUST?

purplekow
This topic is 4995 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have tickets Thursday for Trust with Zach Braff, Sutton Foster, Ari Graynor and Robert Cannavale. I enjoyed Scrubs on TV but found Braff's character tiresome but I did enjoy his film Garden State. Sutton Foster is always entertaining, I believe I last saw her in the Drowsy Chaperone. Mr. Cannavale I have always found alluring and sexy in a "PSST I am not gay but I would love a blow job" kind of way. His portrayal of Will's policeman lover was stiff and not in a good way. While I have seen some of the pieces of which Ms. Graynor has been part, I have no recollection of her skills.

So the cast certainly presents a mixed bag for me.

Has anyone seen it at the Second Stage?

Is TRUST a MUST?

Saw it, loved it! A great cast and fun, sharp and witty story. I saw an early preview and agree with all the critics that Zach Braff was excellent, and it was fun to see Sutton Foster get out from under her "goodie-two-shoes" image and play a role with a bit more life in it. As always, Bobby still has the right stuf and he's very macho in this role in this production.

Enjoy!

ED

pk and edj

I had a ticket with friends during previews and at the last minute was unable to attend. My friends found someone to take the ticket, and they really enjoyed it. Have been keeping my eye on TDF, but it hasn't come back up.

pk- I LOVE your assessment of Bobby Cannavale...

Saw it last night Enjoyed it very much Any play that starts in the dungeon of a dominatrix has something going for it. I enjoyed the acting for the most part though Zach Braff did seem to dissolve into his TV character now and again. Some of the character development did not really ring true, the Dominatrix at home is so radically different it is hard to imagine that it is the same person, though that is in keeping with the play's theme. Some of the comedy is forced, would anyone really say "I love you more than my large vocabulary" though the line does get a good laugh. Still, I would recommend you go an see it before it closes. I had a problem at the box office. My tickets were not at the Box Office. I had to by General StandBy. Then when I was seated for General StandBy, they were exactly the seats I had purchased. So I wound up saving 14 dollars a ticket. There were 13 pairs of General Standby honored at this performance. I was in second row on the center aisle so StandBy can get you some great seats.

Archived