Hoo-Ville weekend

NYTomcat
This topic is 5023 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ok I know with Lucky taking "time away" its sort of a different topic.... but I am wondering if Hooville weekend is still going to happen this year in palm Springs. Oliver and Charlie I guess this focuses to you guys. Is it still in the works cause Ive been looking forward to this and planning to make sure I don't miss it this year.

OKOK I know its way far off.... but some of us have to plot and plan these things. So if you know if its on.... and if so where and when can you let us know?

The Hooville Weekend was the brainchild of Lucky, who did all the organizing, and even hosted the Sunday social for the first couple of years, until Oliver offered to make it a "pool event" at his place, and--bless him!--offered to pay for it. Since Lucky is no longer resident in Hooville, I doubt that he will want to organize it this year. Frankly, I have no interest in taking responsibility for it, so it will depend on whether Oliver is interested in continuing the tradition.

The dates have varied in the past, from early February to late March. The main determinants were the schedule of plays at the Palm Canyon Theater, which won't be known for awhile, and Oliver's residence schedule, since he is here for only a few months each winter. I think Lucky usually didn't start planning the event until November.

The Hooville Weekend was the brainchild of Lucky, who did all the organizing, and even hosted the Sunday social for the first couple of years, until Oliver offered to make it a "pool event" at his place, and--bless him!--offered to pay for it. Since Lucky is no longer resident in Hooville, I doubt that he will want to organize it this year. Frankly, I have no interest in taking responsibility for it, so it will depend on whether Oliver is interested in continuing the tradition.

The dates have varied in the past, from early February to late March. The main determinants were the schedule of plays at the Palm Canyon Theater, which won't be known for awhile, and Oliver's residence schedule, since he is here for only a few months each winter. I think Lucky usually didn't start planning the event until November.

Well I do think letting the tradition Go would be a shame. Its my hope that Lucky views "Hoo-Ville" as a Hoo-Boy function and that more than one tent can be included in that party. If Not perhaps we will have to rework the scenario but I would not even hazard speculation on such Until we have heard if the original (Oliver and Lucky) scenario can still play out.

Hooville Weekend will occur next year (2011)! It’s just a wee bit early to announce any dates or plans. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but there's no need to "rework the scenario".

Thank God. I was just worried I was planning a trip to PS that might not happen. As long as I know its generally on thats all that concerned me. Thanks oliver

Archived