Friday Funnies

jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

working with a large group in Buenos Aires, I have the occasional twinge of guilt when I omit the accent in someone's name. There's a keyboard shortcut for accented characters involving ALT and a three digit sequence on the numeric keyboard, but it's rare that I go look it up.

Not on my tablet. My desktop, yes, but I rarely post from there.

Not on my tablet. My desktop, yes, but I rarely post from there.

If your tablet is an Apple product, simply tap and hold the E and a variety of options will appear. Otherwise, if you want to be extremely anal, you can simply google the character or the word, copy and paste. (That's how I get the ¢ sign.)

Kevin Slater

If your tablet is an Apple product, simply tap and hold the E and a variety of options will appear. Otherwise, if you want to be extremely anal, you can simply google the character or the word, copy and paste. (That's how I get the ¢ sign.)

Kevin Slater

It's not an Apple product. You really don't want me to bore you with my opinion of the cult of Apple, Apple's corporate citizenship, Steve Jobs and value for money, but suffice it to say at this time an inexpensive MP3 player is the only Apple product I would consider owning.

Thank you for the suggestion. That would work; now I just have to convince myself to take the time to do it.

If your tablet is an Apple product, simply tap and hold the E and a variety of options will appear

It's not an Apple product.

I don't have a tablet, but I had noticed my Samsung phone does that for puntuation marks you could hold dowm the full stop key. Quick test of one letter and doing it brings up variations on that letter, so not just Ap**e.

It's not an Apple product. You really don't want me to bore you with my opinion of the cult of Apple, Apple's corporate citizenship, Steve Jobs and value for money, but suffice it to say at this time an inexpensive MP3 player is the only Apple product I would consider owning.

Oh, says the woman who can't make an é. If that's not value, I don't know what is! :p

Kevin Slater

Kevin Slater

On MacOS the ¢ sign is Option + 4

On iOS the ¢ sign shows when you Tap and Hold the $.

Not to speak of swallowing final syllables, like the way they pronounce "Worcestershire" (woo-stuh-shir, approximately).

Or the proper name "Featheringstonehaugh" which is apparently pronounced "Fanshaw." (According to Guinness Book of World Records which lists it as the longest surname in English.)

There must be something of the same in the priceless Are You Being Served episode where, producing some mad party conceived by Young Mr Grace, our young-callow-buck salesman Mr Lucas has to wear a tuxedo shirt so short it displays his midriff (forgive, I searched but cannot find an image :( ) and therein announce one "Lady Weeble-Able-Smith!"

Edited by AdamSmith