Friday Funnies

jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not an engineer, but wtf?!! Who designed this?

I don't know the story. But renovations / revamps of existing structures (80% of global construction spending is on so-called brownfield work, i.e., modifying something that already exists, as opposed to "greenfield" new construction) are plagued with these "field clashes" between new work and the "existing conditions." Usually they are resolved more intelligently than this, if only barely.

QTR must think I'm stalking her since we like so many of the same things. But I do, honest ...

and even though it brought smiles to my face and I'm not being critical,

I did hear this one when I was in high school, c. 1967:

Little Sally took a drink

But she shall drink no more

For what she thought was H2O

Was H2SO4!

I heard it age six when my father told it to me in 1965. :p

He had just gotten me a chemistry set I had coveted for months. I thought that rhyme was the most hilarious thing ever. (It did disappoint me that the kit contained hydrochloric acid but not sulfuric acid. :eek: )

Someone didn't get the memo....:eek:

Sorry...but this just made me crack up this morning, and yes, they're still selling these things.

I don't know who is more foolish: the people who manufacture and sell the things, or the people who buy them. They seem like a product liability lawsuit waiting to happen.

QTR must think I'm stalking her since we like so many of the same things. But I do, honest ...

That we like the same things I take as flattery, not stalking.

I heard it age six when my father told it to me in 1965. :p

He had just gotten me a chemistry set I had coveted for months. I thought that rhyme was the most hilarious thing ever. (It did disappoint me that the kit contained hydrochloric acid but not sulfuric acid. :eek: )

I've heard that rhyme too, but it was later in life from my ex.

It was probably a blessing that the kit did not contain sulfuric acid. Please don't take this the wrong way, but given the mischievous nature on display in some of your posts here, I suspect that as a child you bore some similarity to Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes, who would be a menace with any form of acid.

It was probably a blessing that the kit did not contain sulfuric acid. Please don't take this the wrong way, but given the mischievous nature on display in some of your posts here, I suspect that as a child you bore some similarity to Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes, who would be a menace with any form of acid.

You know me too well. Most of my experiments were off-label as it was. :eek: