IMPORTANT video

SteveStacks
This topic is 5025 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thanks to Daddy for posting the CPR video on today's cover page.

If you haven't already, everyone, PLEASE take the 5 minutes

(or if you're really ADHD even just the first 2:30)

to watch the video.

http://medicine.arizona.edu/spotlight/learn-sarver-heart-centers-continuous-chest-compression-cpr

I learned from recent personal experience how important this kind of preparedness is.

Knowing this information can save a person's life, maybe the life of someone you love.

And as an aside, if you find yourself the one needing assistance in a crowded environment,

(or for that matter needing someone to call 911 while you perform CPR)

the best thing to do is to address ONE person specifically in the crowd.

ie "You Sir, in the blue shirt, PLEASE help me."

Most people want to help, but research has shown that when such a need for help arises in a crowd, people assume someone else will help (i.e. the Kitty Genovese effect), and often don't assist until they're addressed directly.

Stay safe out there and try and take care of each other....

CPR can be life saving. I have given CPR out in the world on 4 occasions. Once at a Broadway play, (the patient got a standing ovation when he left, I didnt even get a thank you but there you go) once at a wedding (strange having your entire extended family watching you do CPR) once right out side my office, car accident victims, one made it one didnt and once after being called by my neighbor to help, her dog had a seizure and fell in the pool, CPR on a dog, alas he started to breath again but the vet told the neighbor it would be prohibitively expensive to treat the dog. Each time I was glad to help rather than stand and wait for help. If you have two hands and are full of hot air, you can save a life, so Merlin2, even you should be able to do it.

Archived