Culinary Addict

AdamSmith
This topic is 5094 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Spanky

Ga Ga Loc

I'm going to Seattle JUST to eat at this restaurant. I might even try the jellyfish...

"If you didn’t actually bite into it and just kinda slurped it down, the jellyfish, ice cold and slippery and fleshy, would be like what I imagine going down on a lady vampire would be like. It didn’t really taste bad, but it sure as fuck didn’t taste good."

Swearing off Spam for a while!

A friend just showed me this blog, 'The Culinary Addict.' I am addicted. :)

http://theculinaryaddict.com/

And a friend of his, 'The Surly Gourmand.' A true nutcase!

http://surlygourmand.blogspot.com/

OK - true confession time! Once or twice a year, I actually LIKE Spam. Sliced cold, on soft white bread with a generous layer of mayonniase. (Frying liquefies the fat!)

But after this purple prose, "Spam is an abomination; a slice of the festering pustulent nutsack of a gibbering insane Lovecraftian god." I may forgo the next semi-annual indulgence.

A little uneasy with the over-the-top anti-gay remarks tho.

"Spam is an abomination; a slice of the festering pustulent nutsack of a gibbering insane Lovecraftian god."

I revere anyone who appreciates Lovecraft. I would even, on his recommendation and yours, taste Spam again. :)

His friendship with The Culinary Addict, who is clearly Very Very Gay, puts me at ease with his cracks in this direction. I think it is all postmodern ultra-ironic commentary. I find nothing there that discomfits me. ('Dis-confits'! :) )

FWIW- For any who care, there are both low sodium and lower calorie versions of Spam. Even if one never eats it, one can store in in the pantry for years and, if the power ever fails or whatever, there it will be. :)

Best regards,

KMEM

FWIW- For any who care, there are both low sodium and lower calorie versions of Spam. Even if one never eats it, one can store in in the pantry for years and, if the power ever fails or whatever, there it will be. :)

Best regards,

KMEM

Low sodium Spam is an oxymoron. And it’s an abomination as well. :D

And while we are on the subject:

OK - true confession time! Once or twice a year, I actually LIKE Spam.

Same here, except make it once or twice a decade.

I'll also admit there's SPAM in my box of earthquake rations. When the big one hits I might not eat fancy, but I'll eat. :cool:

In case of disasters...

I'll also admit there's SPAM in my box of earthquake rations. When the big one hits I might not eat fancy, but I'll eat. :cool:

About 10 years ago, a hurricane came through my town. I went to the grocery store just an hour or so befoeew it hit and bought....bottled water & Spam :)

I revere anyone who appreciates Lovecraft. I would even, on his recommendation and yours, taste Spam again. :)

Yes - somewhere I have a box of Arkham Press editions. (No Necronomicon, tho :( )

His friendship with The Culinary Addict, who is clearly Very Very Gay, puts me at ease with his cracks in this direction. I think it is all postmodern ultra-ironic commentary. I find nothing there that discomfits me. ('Dis-confits'! :) )

Well, his commnets are so over-the-top I didn't take them too seriously, but there are some terms I'm not comfortable with ('fudge-packer friendly'!) I haven't read The Culinary Addict yet.

His whole shtick reminds me of the guy who did drive-in, B-movie reviews decades ago - Jim Bob Billy or somesuch - whose ratings tallied severed heads & buckets of blood.

are you guys kidding

OK - true confession time! Once or twice a year, I actually LIKE Spam. Sliced cold, on soft white bread with a generous layer of mayonniase. (Frying liquefies the fat!)

But after this purple prose, "Spam is an abomination; a slice of the festering pustulent nutsack of a gibbering insane Lovecraftian god." I may forgo the next semi-annual indulgence.

Are you guys kidding. I Thought I was the only one who would occasionally for reminiscents of childhood. Splurge and have what my great grandmother always referred to as "shit on a shingle" an old wwII phrase I believe.

Archived