317 Posts later...

orbital sander
This topic is 5080 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Several years and almost 317 posts later I have come to the conclusion that this board needs me more than ever....if for no other reason to end too many of my sentences with the dreaded ellipsis....(even though I often use more than three periods). :)

Actually, most people here are pretty fun, we all have our grouchy moments, but by and large there are many fine people here that more than make up for some of the wacky people. The more I participate here and get to know the vibes, the more I enjoy it. I have always suspected that most of the people who post nasty stuff here would never be that way in person...(if they did I would "thump them"). Sometimes a forum like this can afford us the ability to take things out on others with some degree of safety, but is that really rewarding?

We all have our opinions, our favorite guys, futbol teams, etc. Hopefully we can be gentlemen enough to recognize that we will not always agree, and that our differences of opinion do not constitute an attack, but rather a different perspective...

As I have previously stated, there is a reason why the "Golden" rule is "Golden".

Hugs & kisses,

OS

Guest greatness

oh my

Well said orbital sander~~~~ I agree with you. Let's accept one another and understand that not everybody is going to agree with you. Life is short and let's love each other~~~ I want to die in peace with no regrets. Kisses and hugs~~~ :)

Several years and almost 317 posts later I have come to the conclusion that this board needs me more than ever....if for no other reason to end too many of my sentences with the dreaded ellipsis....(even though I often use more than three periods). :)

Actually, most people here are pretty fun, we all have our grouchy moments, but by and large there are many fine people here that more than make up for some of the wacky people. The more I participate here and get to know the vibes, the more I enjoy it. I have always suspected that most of the people who post nasty stuff here would never be that way in person...(if they did I would "thump them"). Sometimes a forum like this can afford us the ability to take things out on others with some degree of safety, but is that really rewarding?

We all have our opinions, our favorite guys, futbol teams, etc. Hopefully we can be gentlemen enough to recognize that we will not always agree, and that our differences of opinion do not constitute an attack, but rather a different perspective...

As I have previously stated, there is a reason why the "Golden" rule is "Golden".

Hugs & kisses,

OS

you know, I come to the board here almost daily....and as I scan down the threads and see the usernames of the various posters, I usually can tell what the tone of each will be....I associate certain usernames with specific attitudes (no revelation there, of course)....I think you're somewhat new here, OS, and your posts are usually cool, intelligent, low-key....(sorry if any of that offends you!)....glad you're staying, but cut down on that melodrama, buddy!...

by the way, very cool username!....I think I've used one once or twice!

Hugs & kisses,

OS

Let's see, you have made 317 posts before today. great goodness made that many this morning. :)

The board needs everyone, to include you.

I have been privately told that NO ONE is like they seem on the MB in "real" life. Of course, SOME are somewhat like they seem here. :)

I assume the Golden Rule to which you are referring is the one to turn the other cheek. I am not sure which cheek might be the important one. And, I am not neglecting the "other" golden rule that says, in paraphrase, those that have the gold, rule.

However, keep posting. Why not?

Best regards,

KMEM

I assume the Golden Rule to which you are referring is the one to turn the other cheek. I am not sure which cheek might be the important one. And, I am not neglecting the "other" golden rule that says, in paraphrase, those that have the gold, rule.

And there's always the SILVER RULE, too!

DON'T DO UNTO OTHERS WHAT YOU DON'T WANT THEM TO DO TO YOU.

And KEM, turning the other cheek involves the Cheeks on either side at the top of the Alimentary Canal.

Let's see, you have made 317 posts before today. great goodness made that many this morning. :)

The board needs everyone, to include you.

I have been privately told that NO ONE is like they seem on the MB in "real" life. Of course, SOME are somewhat like they seem here. :)

However, keep posting. Why not?

Best regards,

KMEM

Actually the most common form of the Golden Rule is as follows:

"do to others what you would like to be done to you"

there are variations, as this rule exists in almost every major religious philosophy in the world.

Turning the other cheek is not part of the golden rule... that is something else entirely

Archived