iPhone 4

Romann
This topic is 5085 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I should probably pipe down.

Romann, given your enthusiasm for and commitment to Apple you should contact them and see if you can get paid for being a spokesman!

Who me? Oh I wish it was so but...

What can I say? There are some topics I am passionate about including gizmos, gadgets and techy toys certainly spark my interest. ;)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Jobs

I wonder how it will all go when Steve Jobs is no longer around?

That's the billion dollar question...I'm holding my breath and hoping he stays well for a long time. I'm sure Apple has a great bench of successors lined up, but Jobs is the heart and soul of Apple. Would be hard to replace...No doubt, the stock will tumble in the short term if/when Jobs resigns or becomes (publicly) ill again.

THE question.

I'm sure Apple has a great bench of successors lined up, but Jobs is the heart and soul of Apple. Would be hard to replace...No doubt, the stock will tumble in the short term if/when Jobs resigns or becomes (publicly) ill again.

That's very true and a consequence when an company is so closely tied to an actual figurehead instead of just to a brand. Besides, there is always the option of cryogenics for a later date. ;)

Guest RyanCade

Don't Be Tempted by

I just cannot buy into the whole Apple lifestyle....they are clever devices, but the corporate religion turns me off

I second that. Has it dawned on anyone that thier logo is "The Shiny Apple" it even appears to have a single bite taken out of it. This couldn't be related to the Grdn uf edn story could it?

I second that. Has it dawned on anyone that thier logo is "The Shiny Apple" it even appears to have a single bite taken out of it. This couldn't be related to the Grdn uf edn story could it?

He he...all that Adam and Eve stuff is horse shit as far as I am concerned....but perhaps the apple is a subtle tribute to the evil witch who presents a poison apple to Snow White...just think about that....then there is the whole Beatles connection with Apple records....;)

Wait a sec. I think this was covered some time ago in Daddys Place. This is the new iPhone with the new OS that will allow advertisers to "push" ads your way. So you end up paying $200/300 to let these jerks eat up your now limited data plan to annoy you with garbage messages you don't want. It's like I'm being made to pay $200/300 for a billboard the revenue for which goes to S Jobs or his minions. And I have to pay monthly for the right to be so pestered. What am I missing?

I like my iPhone (3GS) - except for a battery life that barely makes it to the afternoon and the fact that there's no multitasking even for a millisecond. I think I'll wait until some smart app writer writes one that blocks those unwanted ads (although I doubt you'll ever see it in the App Store).

In the interest of full (well semi-full) disclosure, I'm an IBM retiree who finds the whole Apple "mystique" a bit 1984ish.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my Apple products and have never had a problem with any of them. Ryan, I'm sorry you've had such bad luck with yours. Do you think this was an isolated case? Or that the "stalker" security breach could have been more AT&T's fault than Apple's? Just a thought. i wish you better luck with your new phone, Ryan.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100610/ap_on_hi_te/us_apple_ipad_data_breach

Archived