Peters and Stritch in "Night Music"?

Lankypeters
This topic is 5097 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Although the revival of "A Little Night Music" is scheduled to close in a few weeks, rumors say the run may be extended with Bernadette Peters and Elaine Stritch replacing Catherine Zeta-Jones and Angela Lansbury.

Another rumor -- errant, one hopes -- has Debbie Reynolds coming into the show. As.....? Mme. Armfeldt? Debbie lacks the gravitas for the part, though she's known to have big balls.

Guest alanm

I was not a big fan of this revival of "A Little Night Music." I am glad I saw it, nothing more.

I prefer Bernadette Peter and Elaine Stritch to the two stars currently playing the lead roles, but can Stritch really do eight performances a week at age 84? If the rumors are true about the new stars, it will be interesting to hear about how Peters and Stritch do in the first dozens or so performances.

I was not a big fan of this revival of "A Little Night Music." I am glad I saw it, nothing more.

I prefer Bernadette Peter and Elaine Stritch to the two stars currently playing the lead roles, but can Stritch really do eight performances a week at age 84? If the rumors are true about the new stars, it will be interesting to hear about how Peters and Stritch do in the first dozens or so performances.

Lansbury is also 84 or perhaps has just turned 85. Give Ms. Stritch a stage, a role and an oxygen tank and wheel her out and I will be there

The age of Madame Armfeldt

I believe Hermione Gingold was 81 when she appeared in the original production. She complained that she received no entrance applause on opening night because she was made up "to look old" and no one recognized her.

Backstage, she was known as "Hermeany."

Guest DickHo

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/139898-EXCLUSIVE-Bernadette-Peters-and-Elaine-Stritch-May-Make-Night-Music-On-Broadway

Playbill has an article on it. Let's hope it happens. I love Stritchy, saw her one woman show 3 times and saw her once at Carlyle (fabulous but oh so expensive!)

I saw the revival and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I see anything with Miss Lansbury (I even saw that awful tennis play she did). I thought Zeta-Jones held her own. Now, I saw the original with Glynnis and Hermione and I don't think it will ever be better than that.

When waiting in line to enter a performance of Sondheim On Sondheim, I noted a lemo pull-up to the curb and out steps Elaine Stritch and Michael Feinstein. I thought they would just go on in without waiting for the doors to open, but no they stood in line - right behind me. Ms Stritch may be 84 but she was standing tall, alert and animated. She certainly appeared to be strong enough to do 7 or 8 shows a week. And oh yes, I did talk with Ms Stritch.

Archived