Siem Reap - Massage & Spa Heaven

rickinoc
This topic is 5085 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

With all the troubles going on in the land of smiles (Bangkok) I decided to visit Siem Reap in Cambodia- a visit to Angkor Wat and the other ancient Hindu/Buddhist ruins is a spiritual and mind lifting experience. But Seam Reap is also a massage and spa heaven.

Here are my experiences:

Day 1 - A visit to Bodhia Spa - clean and tastefully decorated. My masseur was "Quom" a 23 yr old Khmer lad. The ginger oil massage was memorable and after a body scrub it was not too difficult to get some "stress relief" - but he stayed dressed all the time.

Day 2 - Linga Spa. The spa rooms are also spotless, and very clean and tastefully decorated. The only one available was a cute boy called "Soku" - 22 years old..who was very very eager to please...the massage was great but the post massage was 'excellent" and a real BF experience

Day 3 - Amrita Spa (Raffles). I requested a deep tissue massage and was given an appointment with "Khuon" - a tanned muscular masseur about 28 years old. The massage again was outstanding...but Khuon stripped in a hurry to display his appendage..and the session culminated in mutual stress relief (no sex..).

Fellow connoisseurs, its time to forget Bangkok and the other places in Thailand. Time to visit Siem Reap. The hotels are clean, inexpensive and everything else is ridiculously cheap. Food costs range from $3-$5 in street cafes to $15-$20 in first class restaurants.

Average cost of a massage (90 mins) in one of the above three spas I visited ranged from $28-$30.00 Tips for the masseur for a mind blowing experience ranged from $35 - $50

So that is the latest from me.

RickinOC

World Traveler

It's time to forget Bangkok and other places in Thailand? those very places that have previously brought you so much joy? Those cute guys now need your business more than ever. This is no time to let them down.

So you go to 3 massage places in Siem Reap and you are ready to discard the 300 massage places in Thailand?

I have been to Siem Reap. It is no Thailand and never will be. The food, for one, is light years behind what you can find in Thailand, and the lodging, while good, does not allow for much of an upscale experience.

So, while I am glad that you had a good time in Siem Reap, as I did, I am shocked that you would now write off Thailand and those smiling guys so eager for your company.

Re: Siem Reap

Lucky don't misunderstand me...I still love Thailand and the Thais are wonderful people...

But getting my head blown off in this day and time when they have their strifes is not my cup of tea!!

Plus my contacts tell me that all the cute massage boys have gone "home" due to the happenings in Bangkok

RickinoC

things have simmered down in BKK. But there are several other places you can go in Thailand that are relatively safer where you can also have a lot of fun. Bad things can happen to you anywhere.

Sounds like Cambodia is loosening up a bit. I have had a few massages there and nothing sexual ever happened. One place damn near killed me the massage was so hard.

I think everyone should go to Siem Reap to see the temples. But if you are looking for easy, paid sex there's still no better place than Thailand.

The only thing cheap in Cambodia is hotels. The food is almost twice as expensive and not nearly as good as Thailand. Additionally, the street kids in Siem Reap, constantly harassing tourist by trying to sell books and bracelets, drive me crazy. Cambodia, and particularly Siem Reap, is no paradise. Have not tried the massage places you mention but may do so in the future. The ruins are, without doubt, a wonder of the world and not to be missed.

Please explain what you mean by "...the session culminated in mutual stress relief (no sex..)" Sounds like you got sex and then say "no sex"

re:Siem Reap

Actually food is very cheap too..in the Old Market area a great meal ranging from Indian to Chinese to Thai to Pub food will coast you no more than $4-$6 USD

Stress relief implies mutual masturbation..

RickinOC

Cambodia vs Thailand

I am in agreement that everyone should visit Angkor Wat and Cambodia. It is an experience.

However comparing Cambodia to Thailand in the Massage Or Sex department is like comparing a small town amusement park to Disneyland.

All the prices you mentioned are similar or in many cases less in Thailand. The food is better, Hotels better and certainly a far better selection of massage places and boys even in Chiang Mai or Pattaya.

Yes Bangkok suffered for a few months in certain areas but things are returning to normal.

A two week vacation would have 3 days in Cambodia and the rest in Thailand if you want value for your money and lots of boys.

Re: Cambodia v Thailand

No disagreement about Thailand...having spent a lot of time there..not only in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin and Phuket..

But an experience with a Khmer is also very enjoyable..the Cambodians are very different from the Thais Malays or Laotians..

To each one of these fine South East Asian guys..be it from Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Laos or Cambodia..I say "thank you"..life would not be the same without you guys..

RickinOC

Ok, guys, perhaps the original writer erred when he stated that we should "forget Thailand." Perhaps he should have stated that there is an alternative to Bangkok until things get back to some modicum of normalcy as I've been told by one who lives there and was caught up in what transpired. Everyone was affected in some way.

So as Lucky stated-- don't give up "The Land of Smiles," where I've been three times. Go there when you deem the time is right, and continue to fill the coffers of businesses and the pockets of the boys.

I've never been to Cambodia, as it does not interest me except for the place mentioned for its cultural attribute and world standing.

So continue (all) to write, but let us not do a tit for tat debate, please, please!!!!

Archived