Pattaya Thailands NEW Hot Spot

This topic is 5110 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Well not actually Pattaya but Jomtien near the Gay Beach.

I ended up stranded in Thailand unable to get back to Europe because of the Volcano...Bangkok was getting more risky with Political Riots so a Local Business associate recommended I head to The Beach..Jomtien Beach that is, and a new Gay Hotel ShowBar. http://www.TheVenueJomtien.com Great Room rates around $35 a night for an amazing 4 star room, great deco, flat screen TV's etc. and a nice smallish pool, but the greatest thing about this place was the nightly Las Vegas style ShowBar, packed with locals and vacationers. I was trapped there 9 nights:D .

Its not a conventional Thai Go-Go Bar..no Take Off fees, it has Cheap Drinks and an unbeleivable show every night..2 hours long and I never saw the same show twice, but understand they do only have around 80 different routines. So if I had stayed longer I would have had repeats. The Costumes, Music and Dancing were Top Class.

A few attractive and I must say exceptionally skilled and professional "Lady Boys" in the show but then there are around 15 Fit Boys Dancers and another 10 or more handsome waiters and Bar staff and all seemed comfortable offering their services with nothing payable to the Bar..Unique in Thailand.

I have already booked a return stay for September which is rainy season so I may end up ensconced in my room with a wonderful waiter who enjoyed what I wanted.

Seems the place is owned by a Brit called Mr MoneyBags and it's a hobby for him..no expense has been spared even the unisex Rest Rooms are UpScale.

Forget Phuket..Jomtien is now only 80 minutes from the New Bangkok airport thanks to a recently opened Freeway and there are Luxury buses for $8 ever 2 hours Direct from the Airport to Jomtien.

In the area around the hotel are lots of terrific value Restaurants e.g. L'Oliviers.. 4 courses including an all you can eat appetizer buffet for around $10

I think I've found my Asian Twink Paradise.

Uncle

Thanks, Uncle KenT

Great review... I will definitely put that on my list. I have been to Bangkok several times, but never have had time to go to Pattaya. I love to snorkel and scuba so this venue is even better to consider. Thanks for the link as well as the information from your trip. I hope to get there later this year or early next year and hope by then the political situation will have calmed down, although both the government and the protesters seem to protect tourists and visiting business guests as much as possible.

personally i think pattaya is a dump. It's usually rated one of the worst beach spots in Thailand and just because it's got some gay bar doesn't make it the new hot spot. You have to take into consideration many more things before proclaiming a spot 'desirable.'

It is definitely not for everyone. I was appalled the first time I went there by all of the sad, sad people. All those 80 year olds and their 20 year old go go boys in tow who both look equally miserable and are unable to communicate with each other.

But if you can look past that it can be a fun place to spend a couple of days. I don't know that you can call it a "new" hotspot though. Pattaya has been a debauched party town for decades.

The OP wasn't really talking about Pattaya, he was talking about Jomtien beach, which has apparently come unto its own as a destination, and not just the beach for Pattaya.

And, Khun Kjun, can we have a first-hand report on life in Bangkok these days?

And, Khun Kjun, can we have a first-hand report on life in Bangkok these days?

Having just returned from a two month hiatus in Louisiana, I have missed all the redshirt action here in the LOS. Things seem to be quiet at present and I hope it remains that way.

I am thinking of writing a series reporting on life in Thailand. It is fun!

Archived