Spring Awakening - Must See???

OneFinger
This topic is 5141 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have season tickets to Broadway Across America shows in Salt Lake City. They just announced their 2010-2011 season. In addition to the 4 season plays they are offering "optional" tickets for Spring Awakening.

Any info on this play and is it worth seeing? I'm not a big rock music fan but the story line seems interesting. In addition, they've already started warning people that this is a play that some may find offensive.

I seriously doubt it would offend me. But, the venue they're using is an older theater with very narrow seats and NO leg room. As someone who is very tall and fat, the theater is just plan uncomfortable. I've stopped going to plays there because the seating is just plain torture.

Is Spring Awakening worth the temporary discomfort and something I'd enjoy despite the facilities?

---------

On a totally off-topic note, Congrats to Lucky on this new forum!! :D

Spring Awakening is now my ALL TIME favorite musical. I saw it in Broadway twice with the original cast. Lea Michelle is now the main brunette singer in Glee!

It is absolutely fantastic even with some brief nudity. But regardless of that it is a fantastic story, great songs and just great entertainment.

There are so many theater threads in the Lounge that I could not find the ones discussing Spring Awakening. I have seen it 3 times. First I saw it off-Broadway at the Atlantic Theater. I loved it. Then I saw the Broadway production. I liked it a lot, but thought it lost something in the bigger theater.

Then I saw the first touring company perform it at the Balboa in San Diego, and again it was fantastic. The lighting in the show is quite precise, and the smaller the theater, the better it works.

But, should One Finger go see it? Absolutely! It's fun, lots of cute guys, a nice masturbation scene...they are showing this in Salt Lake City??? The music is great as well. It will make you feel young again.

P.S. Thanks, One Finger!

...It's fun, lots of cute guys, a nice masturbation scene...they are showing this in Salt Lake City??? The music is great as well. It will make you feel young again.

Wow, not a negative response. We're definitely going to order tickets.

As far as it showing in Salt Lake City, things are getting liberal here. We survived a wonderful run of Avenue Q with the simulated sex scene by the puppets. The Mormon Temple didn't crumble and the gold Angel Moroni on top didn't start blowing his trumpet. It's almost like they've legalized adulthood.

Thanks so much to everyone for the input!!

Archived