My kind of bar ;-)

EXPAT
This topic is 5190 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest greatness

oh

that's unfortunate.. BTW is there a real nude bar in US? :)

I think it was staged for a photo shoot

Guest Wetnwildbear

There used to be . . .

i haven't seen one in the states or in europe, hong kong has a few.

Two in Fort Lauderdale - Both attached to Bathhouses - But the bars were open to the public as well.

The first - which I know is gone was called BOOTS - a Beer and Wine Bar attached to

a Bathouse off of Davie Blvd in Ft Laud - The Bathouse burned down but the bar

miraculously survived and prospered until the owner died a few years later. The family

didnt know that there beloved Uncle was Big Ol MO - and that he owned a Notorius Sleaze

Bar and Bathouse - Shocked and appauled they sold cheap! Maybe someone recalls the

name of the Bath. Guests from the Bathouse and the Bar mixed freely and frequently - the

Nekkid/Toweled/Clothed and one of my favorites Jock and Boots only.

The other was attached to "The Clubhouse II" Bathouse on Oakland Park BLvd. I cant recall

the name of the bar - but similar to what I described above. I hear that both are still there,

though once the haven for Twinks/chicken/jocks - I am told that the crowd is now

Bears/Daddys/Leather/Chub/Chasers - I am not likely to find out first hand.

My last visit to a Bathouse was the Broadway production of the comedy "The Ritz"

In the late nineties they had a bar at the back of the Eagle Bar in Ft Lauderdale which was actually an enclosed space off a parking lot done in canvas and steel poles. The interior was dark and there were old oil drums to set your beer on and a few sputtering candles. While it wasn't a nude bar per se, as the hours wore on pants started to drop and quite a few assumed the kneeling position.

I remember the bartender was a guy named John and when he got bored with his bartending duties, he would join the customers on the other side of the bar and let someone drink his piss. On stormy nights, when the rain was lashing down, the place would get semi-flooded but that didn't stop the action. Rather some would get up on the bar and continue their frolics.

Then George Bush and Jeb Bush got elected and all that sort of disappeared.

Archived