Paddles, A tree grows in Brooklyn and inner city Chicago

raulgmanzo
This topic is 5162 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wood paddles always bring back unfavorable memories from high school. I prefer leather or a nice big hand! However Raul's talent is unmistakable and his prowess for the outdoors is exciting. Love a lumberjack and a man who works with wood or his hands in general...thanks Raul!

Raul, darling, just be sure of the finish on these paddles so you don't give any of your "victims" ass-splinters!!!!!

600 grit before, during, and after a few coats of shellac will likely prevent splinters. But don't you worry I have 36 strips of cowhide on the end of a stick that can provide exquisite, yet safe, pain.

The rest of the story...

But don't you worry I have 36 strips of cowhide on the end of a stick that can provide exquisite, yet safe, pain.

Of course the whole story concerns the fact that Raul raised the cow, milked the cow, butchered the cow, tanned the leather from the cow, and personally constructed the "36 strips of cow hide on a stick" (and here surprisingly his skills as a couturier would come in handy as well)... which stick was hand carved from from the infamous "Tree of Heaven"...

... and talk about handcrafting something that would put someone in "7th heaven"! It would certainly put a smile on my face!

Guest Spanky
Of course the whole story concerns the fact that Raul raised the cow, milked the cow, butchered the cow, tanned the leather from the cow, and personally constructed the "36 strips of cow hide on a stick" (and here surprisingly his skills as a couturier would come in handy as well)... which stick was hand carved from from the infamous "Tree of Heaven"...

... and talk about handcrafting something that would put someone in "7th heaven"! It would certainly put a smile on my face!

Whipster - WHAT on God's green earth you doing man? I don't know about the doms you play with, but if I ever mouthed off like that I'd be in for some SERIOUS punishment. And we're not talking about an erotic paddling that will "put a smile on (your) face." We're talking serious correction - as in 10 licks from every paddle in the arsenal, which will leave you unable to sit down for a week. You'd better be careful...

No, surprising as it may be (given the name Manzo) there are no cattle at Villa Manzo.

Of course I DID cut the leather into strips and make the handle (out of apple wood). Maybe later I'll get a chance to post a picture. Working on a new flogger with a handle from lilac wood. I'm quite eager to make a paddle out of one of these lilac scraps as it is a beautiful and very hard wood.

Guest Spanky
No, surprising as it may be (given the name Manzo) there are no cattle at Villa Manzo.

Of course I DID cut the leather into strips and make the handle (out of apple wood). Maybe later I'll get a chance to post a picture. Working on a new flogger with a handle from lilac wood. I'm quite eager to make a paddle out of one of these lilac scraps as it is a beautiful and very hard wood.

You're a very compassionate man then.

beautiful and very hard wood...From the tone of the note, there's no double entendre intended, but the dual meaning isn't lost on any of us I'm sure. ;)

New one made from Elm

Made a new paddle, this one is out of Elm wood, was a dying branch that I cut from a backyard tree. Possibly my favorite tree, I have watched this Elm grow over the past 15 years from a wind blown seed to a beautiful tree at least 45 feet tall.

Nice strong wood with interlocking grain that resists splitting.

The Elm paddle is left of the middle, 4th from the left.

http://raulgmanzo.com/paddles/paddles7773.jpg

From left, 3 from apple wood, elm wood, 4 right ones from tree of heaven.

Archived