Google's Chrome Browser

g56whiz
This topic is 5177 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I happened upon a browser comparison article in Friday's Financial Times. The author extolled Google's latest version of Chrome. So today I downloaded it just to see. Wow! It's blazingly fast. And so far it hasn't crashed. Wish me luck.

I tried Chrome a while ago but did not like the experience...it reminded me very much of working on a MAC. It is def. faster that IE but it was hard to tell what it was doing when fetching a website...often I would wonder if it was working or not.....Perhaps the newest release has imroved the experience.

I tried Chrome a while ago but did not like the experience...it reminded me very much of working on a MAC. It is def. faster that IE but it was hard to tell what it was doing when fetching a website...often I would wonder if it was working or not.....Perhaps the newest release has imroved the experience.

I used it a while ago as well and initially thought it was great but then it had an annoying tendency to crash too frequently for my taste so I got rid of it. I may try it again as I really thought it has some great advantages.

I've been using it since early beta. It's improved vastly and there are now extensions available too. It's my main browser, and even my 83 yr old mother's only browser. Rock solid, safe, fast and does a lot of automatic stuff that makes life much easier. Google for "Chrome Beta" if you'd like the latest version. Yes, the very latest is a beta but I've had absolutely no problems with it. Or just use the release version, almost as versatile.

I used it a while ago as well and initially thought it was great but then it had an annoying tendency to crash too frequently for my taste so I got rid of it. .

I used to have the same issue, but they seem to have addressed that issue. I have two main beefs with Chrome:

1) When I click on a link to send an e-mail, it does not launch gmail. What's up with that?

2) The default is to "remember" recently-visited urls.

Other than that, I love it!

• 4 weeks later...

Boomer:

I'm sorry...I did not see your question about Chrome compared to Firefox. I prefer Firefox because it can use gmail as the default e-mail "program." One would think Chrome could do that, given that it is a Google product, but alas it cannot.

Boomer:

I'm sorry...I did not see your question about Chrome compared to Firefox. I prefer Firefox because it can use gmail as the default e-mail "program." One would think Chrome could do that, given that it is a Google product, but alas it cannot.

Several solutions to that here:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=06bc1d0012796897&hl=en

Just ignore the ones that get into making changes to your registry.

Guest mvan1

One other thing, with Chrome I get a lot more real estate on my little lap top.

How does "real estate" relate to a lap top?

Thank you. I still think Chrome should come that way. Sloppy design is what it is.

It would have been nice if it offered the option, but I could also see a lot of people going "see? Google is forcing you to use their email if you're going to use their browser!", lol.

Archived