USA Skier Bode Miller

stripfan
This topic is 2164 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 8 years later...

Tragedy struck the family of Olympic ski legend Bode Miller, when his toddler daughter drowned during a neighbor’s pool party, a report said Monday.

Miller and his wife, Morgan, were at a neighbor’s home in Orange County, Calif., Sunday for a party when their 19-month old daughter, Emeline, somehow ended up in the water,according to TMZ.

First responders arrived at the scene and administered CPR before transporting the child to the hospital, where she died, the website said.

After the death, the Millers posted an a image of their daughter on Instagram along with a heartbreaking message.

“We are beyond devastated. Our baby girl, Emmy, passed away yesterday,” they wrote.

“Never in a million years did we think we would experience a pain like this. Her love, her light, her spirit will never be forgotten. Our little girl loved life and lived it to it’s fullest everyday.”

The sad news comes just four months after the Millers announced that they are expecting their third child in October.

The US Olympic Team sent its thoughts to the family in a tweet on Monday night.

“Terribly sad news in the Olympic Movement today. #TeamUSA sends sincere condolences to @MillerBode and his family, along with wishes of strength and comfort,”the tweet read.

Miller, a five-time Olympian, is the most decorated US skier ever, having won a gold, three silver and two bronze medals at the Games.

The tragedy brought to light an all-too-common occurrence with swimming pools.

In 1979, OJ Simpson’s daughter Aaren died of an accidental drowning in the family’s pool.

After she was found in the pool, the two-year-old was rushed to UCLA medical center where she entered a coma. She passed away eight days later.

Losing a loved one is always painful. I do not know how a parent who loses a child can even function. Those that do (I think) are stronger than I could ever be. I've known two sets of parents that have lost a child (one lost two) and I think I can see the pain in their eyes every time I see them even though on the outside they look normal.