Fashion Question

Greathands
This topic is 5247 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest greatness

hmm

I don't think I will wear one but it seems comfortable, though. I have to see a fashion show to finally make up my mind. :)

Guest greatness

So creative

So creative and so revolutionary... MsGuy you are in the fashion industry right? Who are you? One of the D&G designers. :D

Does it come in denim?

Guest OCBeachbody

lol.... that outfit reminds me of my catholic high school days yikes!

But why would you want skirts.... you already have two types of similar men's clothing in:

Scottish Atire:

http://moirakeith.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/kilt-3.jpg

Kilt

Japanese Attire

http://mahajana.net/sklep/samugi_z_hakama.jpg

Hakama

Personally I can see a trend of longer type skirts coming back. Personally I have always been a fan of smocks, abas, and robes myself. Very comfortable.

Designers have periodically tried to introduce skirts to their menswear collecections without much success, but I've never seen such a mainstream shop as H&M try to sell them to men before. Rightly or wrongly, I think most people's instinctual reaction to seeing a man in a skirt will always be 'that's a man wearing women's clothing.'

I don't think I'd ever feel comfortable wearing a skirt in North America. However, when I lived in Indonesia, like all men there, I often wore a sarong. This casual wrap-around garment is very comfortable in their warm humid climate. So, really it's a question of culture, social norms and practicality as much as one of fashion.

Guest greatness

well said

:)

Designers have periodically tried to introduce skirts to their menswear collecections without much success, but I've never seen such a mainstream shop as H&M try to sell them to men before. Rightly or wrongly, I think most people's instinctual reaction to seeing a man in a skirt will always be 'that's a man wearing women's clothing.'

I don't think I'd ever feel comfortable wearing a skirt in North America. However, when I lived in Indonesia, like all men there, I often wore a sarong. This casual wrap-around garment is very comfortable in their warm humid climate. So, really it's a question of culture, social norms and practicality as much as one of fashion.

Archived