Simon Cowell Quitting American Idol

GoodFella69
This topic is 5255 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

X-Factor coming in 2011 Fall

Don't get too excited. Simon Cowell will be bringing his "X-Factor" to the US market in 2011. Simon Fuller still has 3 more years for American Idol with Fox. And Paula Abdul will be one of the judges on the new American X-Factor.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/01/11/arts/television/11idol-1/articleLarge.jpg

Replacement

I think they need to see how the start of the season goes first. Will Ellen's stint be a one and done or will she be humorous but informative.

I dont think it would do them any good to rush into announcing a replacement. I would guess they have been working on a list for sometime knowing Simon was probably going to push an Amercian X Factor.

And Rick we know your feelings regarding reality TV shows like Idol. So good news Rick when Simon leaves he is actually going to add another singing reality show probably on a primetime network. So we will at least have a couple seasons of Idol and X Factor.

Ellen says "If Simon Goes, I Go!"

From an MTV.com story posted today:

In their first joint interview, Cowell and new judge Ellen DeGeneres joked about his possible departure, with DeGeneres, who signed a five-year contract with the show, saying, "If Simon goes, I go! I will not be there without Simon."

Guest zipperzone
I do not really watch TV, except for an occasional HULU visit. I have never seen American Idol and probably would not watch it if I did watch television. Life will go on if the show does not, and I am sure Simon will continue to make lots of cash wherever he goes.

I hope he will..... his new house in the Holland Park section of London cost him $75,000,000

American Idol.... Tonight

When it comes to American Idol, Simon Cowell adds straight talk and frankness to the judging. He doesn't hold back and tells it like it is. He will be missed.

Tonight starts a new season of AI and I hope the show can focus more on the contestants rather than who will replace Simon. I was happy that Paula left, she just got too silly for me and made no sense. In a few weeks Ellen will join the panel of judges. Hopefully, it won't be all about her but her judging.

I'm looking forward to this season and watching some new rising stars shine. And, a few good looking guys won't hurt.

Coop

Archived