Tom Cruise Sued by Alleged Gay Lover

GoodFella69
This topic is 5277 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just hope they leave the poor guy alone. If he's got a gay lover, good for him. if not then this is just a tempest in a teapot. I hope for his sake they at least had good sex.

I'm not generally for "outing" people unless they actively speak against gay/lesbian people. I can't fault people for their opinions, but I find hypocrisy unacceptable. Anybody who's anti-gay should not be having gay sex and expect it to be kept private (especially when they lead public lives).

According to the article, Cruise is being sued related to having an illegal wiretap placed on the phone of a man who was threatening to reveal a videotape of Cruise and this man as homosexual lovers. The man and Cruise then both publicly said that such a tape did not exist. So the headline, as is often the case, is inflammatory. The article would more accurately be headlined: Cruise sued by Alleged Wire Tap Victim.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zipperzone

The article states that the claim was "settled out of court". To me, that indicates there was some settlement - probably $$$ - given by Cruise. Now why would he do that if he was innocent of the charges?

Reminds me of Michael Jackson - who gave some kid 25 Million - just to be rid of him. Not that there was any truth to the accusations, of course!

Because its easier to pay some pocket money and have the thing go away. its not that uncommon. Not that I think its not true, just paying does not prove one way or another

The article states that the claim was "settled out of court". To me, that indicates there was some settlement - probably $$$ - given by Cruise. Now why would he do that if he was innocent of the charges?

Reminds me of Michael Jackson - who gave some kid 25 Million - just to be rid of him. Not that there was any truth to the accusations, of course!

Why does everyone want Tom Cruise to be gay!

It's been known for years not only was he a "guy for pay' person but also

enjoyed me yet everyone has been looking the other way, come on. Why

is that?

I have no idea if Tom Cruise is gay or not - and don't really care (since he's not likely to end up in MY bed.) But it seems that almost every attractive male star is the subject of specualation at some point.

I'm a bit confused that he's rumored to be 'gay for pay'? That usually refers to someone who's basically straight but will have sex with men for compensation. Seems like you're actually accusing him of being 'straight for pay'.

I have no idea if Tom Cruise is gay or not - and don't really care (since he's not likely to end up in MY bed.) But it seems that almost every attractive male star is the subject of specualation at some point.

I'm a bit confused that he's rumored to be 'gay for pay'? That usually refers to someone who's basically straight but will have sex with men for compensation. Seems like you're actually accusing him of being 'straight for pay'.

I can't agree that all, or even most, attractive male movie stars have gay rumors. The rumors surrounding Tom Cruise are unusually frequent and come from some fairly reliable sources from my standpoint. The quality of the rumors is similar to ones I used to hear regarding Neil Patrick Harris and Chad Allen before they came out. I have strong doubts Tom Cruise will ever come out, but I have little doubt about his sexual preference myself. South Park had a whole episode, I recall, mocking Tom Cruise's refusal to come out of the closet.

Guest zipperzone
I can't agree that all, or even most, attractive male movie stars have gay rumors. The rumors surrounding Tom Cruise are unusually frequent and come from some fairly reliable sources from my standpoint. The quality of the rumors is similar to ones I used to hear regarding Neil Patrick Harris and Chad Allen before they came out. I have strong doubts Tom Cruise will ever come out, but I have little doubt about his sexual preference myself. South Park had a whole episode, I recall, mocking Tom Cruise's refusal to come out of the closet.

The irony is that when he was younger and hot hot hot, (the TOP GUN years) it would have been great to have him come out.

Now that he is older and not ageing very gracefully IMHO, if he came out - who would get excited about it? Not I.

Nice Chiseled Abs at 46 years old...

http://poponthepop.com/images/gallery/tom-cruise-shirtless.jpg

Cruise looks darn good for a 46 year old, straight, married dude. :) Photos shot: February 2009.

http://media.cnbc.com/i/CNBC/Sections/News_And_Analysis/__Story_Inserts/graphics/__PEOPLE/C/cruise_tom.jpg

Guest zipperzone
http://poponthepop.com/images/gallery/tom-cruise-shirtless.jpg

Cruise looks darn good for a 46 year old, straight, married dude. :) Photos shot: February 2009.

To each his own. I think he is looking tired and just a little bit desperate. Certainly not the cutie pie of Top Gun and Risky Business.

To each his own. I think he is looking tired and just a little bit desperate. Certainly not the cutie pie of Top Gun and Risky Business.

I completely understand what you mean, Zipper. Your point is well-taken. Cruise was incredibly over-the-top sexy in Top Gun. I was just pointing out that his body/face still isn't too shabby 24 years post-Top Gun. It's hard to believe it was filmed in 1986. Damn, Time flies!

Have a great one.

Goodfella

worse yet, I knew Tom when he was still Mapother and looking for work in NY That was back in the days when an unknown was hired for TAPS in 1980 now 30 years ago. God do I feel old. (Of course we were just kids back then- well ok teens) While his body may not be smokin top gun style. How far has yours fallen in 30 years? (thats a general question not poised to anyone individually)

Questions for NYTomcat (Inquiring Minds Want to Know)

worse yet, I knew Tom when he was still Mapother and looking for work in NY That was back in the days when an unknown was hired for TAPS in 1980 now 30 years ago. God do I feel old. (Of course we were just kids back then- well ok teens) While his body may not be smokin top gun style. How far has yours fallen in 30 years? (thats a general question not poised to anyone individually)

Tomcat, your post invites follow-up questions.

What did he look like before the studios and personal trainers got ahold of him? Did he have "That Smile" even in those days, or is the Smile also a product of acting coaches and PR machines?

What was he like as a person? Having never met the man in person, I have the impression that he is basically a nice guy. Is that right?

Did you date young Mapother? I have heard that he hung out in NYC gay bars in those olden days and was sometimes available for hire. Any possibility that those rumors have any basis?

Anything more you'd like to share would be appreciated.

Guest zipperzone
I completely understand what you mean, Zipper. Your point is well-taken. Cruise was incredibly over-the-top sexy in Top Gun.

Goodfella

Talking about Top Gun brings to mind a question I have long wondered about.

There was one scene in there where Cruise was shaving, bending over a sink wearing only his tighty whities - a truly riveting view. I have never been able to find this picture on the web. Strange, because I would have thought it would have become a classic.

Guest zipperzone

While his body may not be smokin top gun style. How far has yours fallen in 30 years? (thats a general question not poised to anyone individually)

Mine has fallen a hell of a lot more than his. But then again, I don't expect to take off my shirt and get paid 20 million $$$ for doing so.

Guest greatness

oh

I would... He is still hot to me.. :)

The irony is that when he was younger and hot hot hot, (the TOP GUN years) it would have been great to have him come out.

Now that he is older and not ageing very gracefully IMHO, if he came out - who would get excited about it? Not I.

Tom was my adolescent object of lust and after watching the volleyball scene in Top Gun, I knew who and what made things tick for me. Even after all these years, I am proud to own all of his movies and proclaim that I would do him every which way and twice on Sundays regardless of his age. A gorgeous man to me and if that thing with Katie doesn't work out, I am the first in line to volunteer to console him and show him the way to truth!

Tomcat, your post invites follow-up questions.

What did he look like before the studios and personal trainers got ahold of him? Did he have "That Smile" even in those days, or is the Smile also a product of acting coaches and PR machines?

What was he like as a person? Having never met the man in person, I have the impression that he is basically a nice guy. Is that right?

Did you date young Mapother? I have heard that he hung out in NYC gay bars in those olden days and was sometimes available for hire. Any possibility that those rumors have any basis?

Anything more you'd like to share would be appreciated.

Yes he always had an infectuous killer smile from the day he was born id say though I was a few years his junior.

Lets say he was very personable and rather thoughtful as long as it didn't cost him anything and like a good actor he watched for every angle that might help his ambitious career. HE is incredibly driven for success. and I mean that in a positive sense.

I knew his friend and roommate better another actor not as driven but just as good looking, more ruggedly so. Beyond that Lets just say he liked people who liked him.

Mine has fallen a hell of a lot more than his. But then again, I don't expect to take off my shirt and get paid 20 million $$$ for doing so.

TRue and we dont have a staff of trainers keeping is all in place and making sure we don't overdo the holidays. I totally agree but then again after 30 years you can't expect miracles "Time marches on and sooner or later you realize its marching across your face"

Archived