"ADDAMS FAMILY" the Musical: a smashing hit

Steven_Draker
This topic is 5264 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In previews in Chicago prior to the official opening in March 2010 on Broadway, I saw the new (world) premiere of the musical "Addams Family" last night. In the leading roles: Nathan Lane (the Producers) as Gomez Addams and Bebe Neuwirth as Morticia Addams. It's was a great fun and a total pleasure from beginning to end - the cast, the music, the singing, the act, the stage production, the special effects. I loved it all! Definitely a MUST SEE ! This production would most likely join shows such as "Wicked", "The Producers" and "Spamalot" with its success. I wish them luck!

You can catch this show at the Oriental theater in Chicago thru January 10th (I know, it's limited time - so hurry up) and on Broadway starting March 4th at the Lunt-Fontanne theater (46th and 7th)

http://www.theatermania.com/chicago/news/12-2009/addams-family-musical-to-open-in-chicago-december_23423.html

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/off-broadway-in-chicago/addamsvanity.jpg

Cheers,

Guest LeoWalker

Thanks for the heads up. I loved Nathan Lane in the Bird Cage (with Robbin Williams). Not so sure I'm thrilled about the Adams Family...but I'm sure he plays the role very well...and may go and catch it while in Chicago over the Christmas holiday if it's playing.

Thanks for the heads up. I loved Nathan Lane in the Bird Cage (with Robbin Williams). Not so sure I'm thrilled about the Adams Family...but I'm sure he plays the role very well...and may go and catch it while in Chicago over the Christmas holiday if it's playing.

You're most welcome, Leo.

The show will be playing over Christmas thru January 15th. Enjoy !

http://mediaspot.broadway.com/uploads/thumbnails/uploads/addams-fam-wide_jpg_606x10000_q85.jpg

I am so glad you had the opportunity to see the Addams Family, and you enjoyed it so much.

The reviewers probably would have disagreed with you, as it received mixed reviews and most agreed the show needs some more work.

NY Post columist Michael Reidel devoted his column on Friday to the work that is needed:

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/theater/flaws_run_in_the_family_XGHzKrQcYETKBYuu3XSMzH

Not matter what, I'll be seeing this production when it hits NYC! I LOVE Bebe!

ED

Lilith does Morticia

Nathan Lane and BeBe Neuwirth. Ok I gotta get tickets. Thanks for the heads up Steven. you're right it sounds like a must see. OK gotta check for the tix. Im glad you enjoyed it.

Your right Noah, Bebe Neuwirth in Chicago blew my away, cell block tango what a great number

Two Snaps of a Good Time!

Last night, I caught a performance of The Addams Family musical here in Chicago. The acting, choreography, set design, light design, sound, costumes, and scene transitions were fabulous. I agree with Steven--Go see it if you are in town any time soon.

I was concerned the music was going to be nothing more than Gothic and dark and was pleasantly shown otherwise. The music was highly intelligent and the orchestra played one hell of a brass line!

Some critics have given Bebe Neuwirth's vocal performance negative reviews and honestly, I thought her singing and acting (as Morticia) were terrific.

Now imho, this show isn't yet in the league of, say Wicked, Phantom or Spamalot. It lasted too long by Broadway standards and some scenes should be abbreviated or cut entirely before going to The Big Apple. But, all in all it's a fun show and I’d go see it again in two-snaps!

Archived