The 20 Club is Coming to Queens

LIguy
This topic is 5324 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This was posted yesterday in the 20 club yahoo group:

Platinum Club which is owned by Club 20 will be having it grand Opening Next Sunday November 1 in Queens NY , The club will have some of the same features that Club 20 has meaning some very HOT HOT LATINO Dancers The location is 248- 58 Rockaway Blv Rosedale Queens NY 11422 The hours are 5pm - 2 pm Open Sundays only

718 276-1300

Sundays are for strippers

The location is 248- 58 Rockaway Blv Rosedale Queens NY 11422 The hours are 5pm - 2 pm Open Sundays only

Thanks for the information.... Don't you find it odd that the 20 Club would be competing against itself by hosting yet another Sunday night event?.... So, this location will only hire Latino dancers... Why? :confused:

I'm hoping they have a variety of types not just latin.One thing that really disappoints me in all these strip clubs is the lack of hairy dancers.I'm guessing also that they feel that latin dancers will bring in a local crowd as Queens has a very large latin population.I just hope they have secure parking as the neighborhood where the club is located is not the best.

I am with Cooper on this. It is odd that Club 20 would compete against itself on a Sunday night, when they have their main event in Manhattan. In addition, the organizers of Club 20 have not released any statement at all about the Queens venue - as far as I can tell. Therefore, I am inclined to think that this is a different organization altogether. Not to be petty, but '20 club' is not the same as 'club 20' either ...

Could it be that someone is trying to capitalize on the reputation of 'club 20'?

The confusion is self induced by the club and its management.

The actual name of the Yahoo Group is "club20nyc" but the marquee outside the club reads "The 20 Club":

http://upcoming.yahoo.com/photos/191106

As for Jay, a/k/a "jbnnj", I would classify him more as the dancer wrangler rather than the manager of Club 20. He has served in this capacity for several other functions both in the city and New Jersey, most recently for a gig in Atlantic City and the Greenpoint gig last Thursday. From what I've observed, he has nothing whatever to do with the bar, or gate operations of the club.

If I'm correct, Club 20 didn't start off as a money making venture, but merely as a way to cover the expense of a dark night at a hetro strip club. It may well be that the owners of this strip club also own the place in Queens and are trying the same thing there. If there's protected parking in this dicey Queens neighborhood, they may get a big chunk of the Long Island crowd that doesn't want to trek into Manhattan even on a Sunday night especially on the LI Railroad.

Thanks for the information.... Don't you find it odd that the 20 Club would be competing against itself by hosting yet another Sunday night event?.... So, this location will only hire Latino dancers... Why? :confused:

From What I Know there will NOT Just Be Latino Guys dancing there but other types as well.

Don't you find it odd that the 20 Club would be competing against itself by hosting yet another Sunday night event?

I thought so too, but was just chatting with one of the boys who is supposed to dance at the new club this Sunday (Corey Preston-- hot little white twink!). He says that the Manhattan club limits itself to 20 dancers a night and those slots fill up quick, so the additional venue is just another opportunity for more guys to strut their stuff. Just repeating what I've been told...

Kevin Slater

I thought so too, but was just chatting with one of the boys who is supposed to dance at the new club this Sunday (Corey Preston-- hot little white twink!). He says that the Manhattan club limits itself to 20 dancers a night and those slots fill up quick, so the additional venue is just another opportunity for more guys to strut their stuff. Just repeating what I've been told...

Kevin Slater

That's interesting. As a frequent attendee, I gotta say that they may have limited themselves to 20 dancers in the early days but in the last 2 or more years there have seldom been less that 30 guys dancing and sometimes as many as almost 40. Often, that's too many for the guys for the number of clients. These guys have to do at least 5 lap dances to cover the $100+ each dancer has to pay in fees and tips for privilege of appearing. Some of the guys tell me that unless they get very lucky, they clear about $200 to $300 a night (which is of course tax free). Culling the crew by moving a few guys to Queens might make it more profitable for everyone. As an incentive they may charge the dancer a bit less than that $100+ to appear in Queens.

...they clear about $200 to $300 a night (which is of course tax free)

I'm sure you meant to say that the earnings are before taxes. Surely each is declaring his tips as income when doing his tax returns! :rolleyes:

They Seem To Be Doing A Poor Job Of Promoting This

Only the one posting to the Yahoo group,no info here.I would like to know admission charge,lap dance fees,champagne room fees.I'm assuming it's the same as the 20 Club but some more info would be appreciated.Knowing the parking situation would be a help also.

I would hate going there and there's 20 dancers and 5 customers.Been in that situation before and felt like an ATM.

Review?

This was posted yesterday in the 20 club yahoo group:

Platinum Club which is owned by Club 20 will be having it grand Opening Next Sunday November 1 in Queens NY...

Was anyone at the grand opening of the Platinum Club in Rosedale, Queens? If so, what can you tell us about this new club?

I would've gone last night but except for that one email there was no other info about it and I called the number in the posting twice but it just rang and rang so I watched Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters instead.

Archived