Will it ever fly?

glutes

Where did you find a market for a one-day short trade?

And you apparently cannot read...the $6.89 drop is just 2.02%.

Foul smell when you post...maybe bullshit?

Go back to my response in post #351 on Jun 25, 2019, acknowledged shorting BA then.

Max said:

Can I count on you to short BA now?

Yup.

I guess I don't understand what's so complicated. Isn't just about fixing the software and more training for the pilots? Just like the hijacking thing. What's so complicated? Just don't let hijackers fly the planes under any circumstance. Have one or two people on board every plane (depending on the size of the plane) who will kill anyone who tries to fly the plane. All of this taking your shoes off stuff is so stupid.

I guess I don't understand what's so complicated. Isn't just about fixing the software and more training for the pilots?

I open to being corrected on this, but my understanding is that the source of the problem is that the aircraft is inherently unstable and therefore the software is necessary to compensate for that. The original software on occasions misread what the aircraft was doing so was correcting problems that did not exist. So yes, the software can be and needs to be fixed but it will still be fighting the aircraft rather than simply operating it. No matter what they do, I'm yet to be convinced to fly on one of these jets if they return to service.

I guess I don't understand what's so complicated. Isn't just about fixing the software and more training for the pilots? Just like the hijacking thing. What's so complicated? Just don't let hijackers fly the planes under any circumstance. Have one or two people on board every plane (depending on the size of the plane) who will kill anyone who tries to fly the plane. All of this taking your shoes off stuff is so stupid.

Well if @Oaktown is accurate in his reply below - and I believe he is - it’s a design flaw that can’t be fixed. Other than software programming and pilot training...but it shouldn’t fly with the flaw.

An aircraft design should allow hands-off horizontal flight, i.e., center of gravity should align with the center of lift. This is violated for the 737Max because the new engines would not fit properly under the wing due to the relatively short landing gear (designed for the smaller engines) so the engines were moved forward enough to require constant deployment of control surfaces. This is a inherent design flaw, for which there is no fix.

Well if @Oaktown is accurate in his reply below - and I believe he is - it’s a design flaw that can’t be fixed. Other than software programming and pilot training...but it shouldn’t fly with the flaw.

Boeing short sellers to the front of the line please. This all sound very much like the fatal flaws attributed to the 787 battery issues that begat this thread.

Boeing short sellers to the front of the line please. This all sound very much like the fatal flaws attributed to the 787 battery issues that begat this thread.

Hardly a fair comparison...replaceable batteries to airframe defect is apples/oranges.

Hardly a fair comparison...replaceable batteries to airframe defect is apples/oranges.

The criticism of the 787 was that batteries were dangerous in airplanes; not just the particular battery Boeing installed in the 787. The "fix" was not as simple as removing a AAA battery and replacing it with a better one.

With the 737MAX, there is no airframe defect. The aircraft is not inherently unstable and the flawed system was not designed to make an unstable airframe stable. The system was to prevent pilots from entering a stall. The flaw was that Boeing designed the system to rely on the input from a single source.

Smiling as I write this post aboard a 787-9 en route at FL390.

But hey, what do I know? Maybe the 737MAX will never fly and the inherent design flaws posited above will be found to extend to other members of the 737 family.

Place your bets!

Boeing Option Chain

Enjoy that 787-9 trip Maxi!

LATE ONE NIGHT last September, security researcher Ruben Santamarta sat in his home office in Madrid and partook in some creative googling, searching for technical documents related to his years-long obsession: the cybersecurity of airplanes. He was surprised to discover a fully unprotected server on Boeing's network, seemingly full of code designed to run on the company's giant 737 and 787 passenger jets, left publicly accessible and open to anyone who found it. So he downloaded everything he could see.

Now, nearly a year later, Santamarta claims that leaked code has led him to something unprecedented: security flaws in one of the 787 Dreamliner's components, deep in the plane's multi-tiered network. He suggests that for a hacker, exploiting those bugs could represent one step in a multi stage attack that starts in the plane’s in-flight entertainment system and extends to highly protected, safety-critical systems like flight controls and sensors.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/boeing-787-security-flaw

https://www.wired.com/story/boeing-787-code-leak-security-flaws/

Enjoy that 787-9 trip Maxi!

LATE ONE NIGHT last September, security researcher Ruben Santamarta sat in his home office in Madrid and partook in some creative googling, searching for technical documents related to his years-long obsession: the cybersecurity of airplanes. He was surprised to discover a fully unprotected server on Boeing's network, seemingly full of code designed to run on the company's giant 737 and 787 passenger jets, left publicly accessible and open to anyone who found it. So he downloaded everything he could see.

Now, nearly a year later, Santamarta claims that leaked code has led him to something unprecedented: security flaws in one of the 787 Dreamliner's components, deep in the plane's multi-tiered network. He suggests that for a hacker, exploiting those bugs could represent one step in a multi stage attack that starts in the plane’s in-flight entertainment system and extends to highly protected, safety-critical systems like flight controls and sensors.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/boeing-787-security-flaw

https://www.wired.com/story/boeing-787-code-leak-security-flaws/

Thanks for that! Maybe I can set up some lazy 8 rolls to help me sleep later. Two hours down, only 12.5 to go!

Maybe you'd like a ride on my Private Jet when you return. Perhaps Jimboivyo will also extend a invite to you!

Common non-title words (private and jet) are not capitalized in casual writing.

Go Short Boeing Stock (Again). Please!

Whatcha think about today's Max news, Maxi?

SHEFFIELD, Mass. — A group of family members representing more than 50 people who died in the crash of Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 are calling on the Federal Aviation Administration to conduct a full regulatory review of Boeing’s 737 Max before it is allowed to fly again.

The Max, which entered service in 2017, is Boeing’s most recent update to the 737, which was introduced in the 1960s. Because it was not an entirely new airplane, the F.A.A. reviewed only the parts of the Max that differed significantly from a previous version of the 737.

By certifying the plane with a so-called amended type certificate, the F.A.A. allowed Boeing to get the Max flying years sooner than it would have had the company introduced a brand-new plane that had to be certified for the first time.

But with scrutiny of the F.A.A. mounting after the crash in Ethiopia and an earlier crash in Indonesia, the families of many victims are calling on the F.A.A. to take an entirely new look at the Max. The plane remains grounded while Boeing works on a software update and other changes intended to make the Max safer.

Whatcha think about today's Max news, Maxi?

SHEFFIELD, Mass. — A group of family members representing more than 50 people who died in the crash of Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 are calling on the Federal Aviation Administration to conduct a full regulatory review of Boeing’s 737 Max before it is allowed to fly again.

The Max, which entered service in 2017, is Boeing’s most recent update to the 737, which was introduced in the 1960s. Because it was not an entirely new airplane, the F.A.A. reviewed only the parts of the Max that differed significantly from a previous version of the 737.

By certifying the plane with a so-called amended type certificate, the F.A.A. allowed Boeing to get the Max flying years sooner than it would have had the company introduced a brand-new plane that had to be certified for the first time.

But with scrutiny of the F.A.A. mounting after the crash in Ethiopia and an earlier crash in Indonesia, the families of many victims are calling on the F.A.A. to take an entirely new look at the Max. The plane remains grounded while Boeing works on a software update and other changes intended to make the Max safer.

Had I bought BA to hold for three months, I'd be worried about now. Ask me in a decade how this investment worked out. The first post in this thread was about a decade ago, Boeing's done just fine.

• 3 weeks later...
With the 737MAX, there is no airframe defect. The aircraft is not inherently unstable and the flawed system was not designed to make an unstable airframe stable. The system was to prevent pilots from entering a stall. The flaw was that Boeing designed the system to rely on the input from a single source.

Spiegel begs to differ:

https://www.spiegel.de/international/business/737-max-boeing-s-crashes-expose-systemic-failings-a-1282869.html

https://www.spiegel.de/international/business/737-max-boeing-s-crashes-expose-systemic-failings-a-1282869-3.html

Had I bought BA to hold for three months, I'd be worried about now. Ask me in a decade how this investment worked out. The first post in this thread was about a decade ago, Boeing's done just fine.

Glad I shorted Max!

Glad I shorted Max!

When do your options expire?

You know what, guys? I think you’re right. Let’s all short BA and watch the stock crash together. We’ll make millions!

Let's just saying Im doing OK after the 2nd crash, from $450 down the $350.

Enough to buy fuel for the Private Jet!