Glee on Fox video Trailer

ArVaGuy
This topic is 5487 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

From the creator of Nip/Tuck, Ryan Murphy, Glee is getting plenty of buzz from television critics as being one of the best new shows for the fall season. It's getting a tryout this Tuesday following the American Idol finale, which I guess demonstrates Fox Broadcasting's efforts to give the program an early jump on competition.

Set in a small town high school, it's the story of a teacher who sets out to improve the Glee club. Comprised of social misfits he's got his work cut out until he convinces the football quarterback to join. It's the popular kids versus the nerds with singing. Looks promising to me. Here's the trailer.

http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=glee&ep=1240592077706

Maybe you just decided to look at it as popular kids save the nerds, as I judge it, this show seems to take the point of view that the popular kid is indeed a nerd and comes to recognize and embrace those qualities in himself, much to the dismay of the popular kids. Not that this version of the teen coming of age story hasn't been done already, but it is a bit more uplifting and inclusive than the stories like Gossip Girl which demand rigid adherence to the standards of beauty and popularity.

Watched this show after AI and I thought there were times it was laugh out loud funny and the musical numbers were fun. With a bit of fleshing out, this episode would have made an excellent musical comedy for Broadway. Looking forward to seeing this in the fall

Overall I liked the episode. The show has potential and will need to flesh out the characters a bit more. The musical numbers were very good and had a nice variety from different eras. It might be a hit this fall.

Archived