Vegas Entertainer Danny Gans Dead @ 52

SmallTownJohn
This topic is 5516 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

"Gans was pronounced dead in his bed shortly after police and paramedics were summoned to a report of a man not breathing at Gans' home about 3:45 a.m., said police spokesman Todd Rasmussen.

Foul play was not suspected, Rasmussen said. A Clark County coroner's spokeswoman said an autopsy was pending, and Rasmussen said police were investigating "according to standard procedure."

Gans' manager and longtime friend, Chip Lightman, said Gans was in good health but slept poorly after Wednesday's show and took a nap late Thursday afternoon, a day off. He stayed in bed into the evening, and his wife, Julie, summoned police when she couldn't rouse him after 3 a.m.

"This makes no sense," said Lightman, who said Gans didn't use illegal drugs, didn't smoke and had no apparent medical issues. "I managed him 18 years and health was never an issue."

Lightman described Gans, who had a bit part as third baseman Deke in the 1988 baseball film "Bull Durham," as an energetic health nut who watched his diet, loved to perform, and relished his involvement in Las Vegas area fundraisers and philanthropic causes."

Guest msclonly

I am shocked!

I knew him well during his baseball days before his baseball movie and my Niece and I were guests at a performance of his in Las Vegas.

A very fine gentleman. Helped him with his nutritional lifestyle, which became very important to him in keeping fit and healthy! Few others are as strict about their diets in a good way.

Strange I was having many thoughts about him for several days, since my Niece will be visiting me this month.

Archived