update on Johnny's Fort Lauderdale

newatthis

I stopped in at Johnny's this past Tuesday and ended up staying for close to 4 hours. The new owner (Sean, a former partner in Boardwalk) has done a terrific job of revitalizing this place.

There were 10-15 dancers -- not just twinks, despite its being "twink night" -- and just the right number of customers to give it a lively, but not overcrowded, feeling. All the dancers were friendly and interactive; they were very good at tip 'n' grip and gave excellent value for the dollar bills stuffed into their briefs. Among them were former Boardwalk dancers Steve, Jamie, and Syrup. One of the bartenders was good eye candy as well.

The new Johnny's has 3 private lap dance booths; lap dances are $20/song. To my experienced ear :-) the songs seemed longer than those at Boardwalk or at the Montreal clubs. (One dancer, with whom I spent a good part of the evening, gave me a lot more than one song's worth for my $20).

In all the booths you are totally isolated from the club itself. The single booth on the pool table side is completely private. The other two are separated from each other by a curtain; were both to be occupied simultaneously, activities in one would be partially visible from the other. Dancers are not allowed to be totally naked in the booths, and the drag queen MC does peek in from time to time. Nevertheless, there is ample opportunity to have a good time with a willing and savvy dancer.

In addition to the former Boardwalk dancers, I very much enjoyed Jesus, a small, sweet, adorable, and upbeat 23-year old studying fashion design, and Daniel, a 19-year old Colombian-American who was an exceptionally sensual kisser.

Footnote: Sean, the owner, made good on [a href=http://mc.daddysreviews.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=17221&mesg_id=17230]his promises[/a]: the music volume was lower, and I received a large snifter of Glenlivet on the house.

Fantastic Bar!

Everything that newatthis reports above is correct. Plus much, much more. I went to Johnny's last night and had a great time. There were 20 good-looking dancers, a high level of enthusiasm, and a great atmosphere. The new owner is doing a wonderful job with recruiting dancers and creating a very enjoyable bar.

There are theme nights and party nights almost every evening. Tuesday is Twink Night, Wednesday is Underwear Night and Straight Boys Gone Wild Night, Thursday is Towel Night, Friday is Latino Night, every Saturday is Masquerade Night and all the dancers wear masks and costumes, and Sunday is Amateur Night. There are also other special theme and party nights. The bar is working very hard to keep things interesting and fresh and full of variety. The three private booths were kept very busy all night. There is not a set fee, but you need to negotiate with each dancer. In general, they are looking for $20 and you negotiate for the number of songs.

To repeat. There is no cover charge and valet parking is only $5, which includes $2 off a drink. The dancers were all friendly and circulated all night. You tip with $1 bills into their briefs as they walk around and stop with you. I easily got to meet and talk with every dancer in whom I was interested. (Only Jesus stayed with one customer all night.) And there is a pride in the place which the dancers displayed; they were not merely there. There are two rooms: the Bar Room and the Pool Table Room. The Bar Room has two stages for dancing every night, and on weekends, they also have dancers on two stages in the Pool Room. On TH-FRI-SAT, there are more than 30 dancers per night, I was told.

I had a great deal of fun last night, so I did not catch the name of every dancer, but I did meet all of the following. They are all young, cute, have very smooth bodies, and are eager to be interactive.

BRITAIN, JAKOB, JEREMY, JESUS, JAMIE, JOSH, ZACK, SAILOR, ZEUS, HECTOR, DRAKE, AND JAMIE. All speak excellent English, and most are from the Palm Beach - Fort Lauderdale - Miami area. They are having fun at what they are doing, and they enjoy promoting the bar. The owner is doing an excellent job recruiting and developing a large group of dancers who are cute and enthusiastic and out to please customers and make some money.

If you enjoy watching and playing with twinks, this is now a wonderful venue which easily rivals Campus-in-the-Afternoon plus Taboo. It is very highly recommended. It is only a few blocks east of I 95 on Broward Blvd, and so it is easily accessible from all parts of Fort Lauderdale. It is safe and well lighted and with valet parking, you have no trouble parking.

Archived