Greensboro, NC- Swinging Richards of the Triad

Guest JohnPela

Guest JohnPela

Swinging Richards of the Triad- Greensboro, NC

(The Triad is Greensboro, Raleigh, Durham cities)

All male nude dancers on Sudany nights from 9PM until 2AM

Executive Suite Building

7806 Boeing Drive

Greensboro, NC

(336) 776-8634

http://www.swingingrichards-nc.com

Membership male strip club, VIP rooms or membership

Large stage area for performance

Individual party rooms available for privacy

Bring your own beer, wine or champagne with juice bar on site

Sofa rooms and dance area

Limo rides with your favorite dancers

The above listing in their ad in local NC gay publication

I have not been here myself, or been to Swinging Richards in Atlanta. I assume its similar to Atlanta one. So if your in Greensboro, NC, check this out. I'll be there September 17th, but not staying Sunday night.

Guest JohnPela

I posted this information since there are M4M members who travel to central NC. I don't know how long this branch of Swinging Richards has been there nor have I been there since I usually don't stay Sunday night in Greensboro. I know about a year ago Jackhammer was asking info about Warehouse29 also in Greensboro. Also most recently Lucky.

Interesting enough when I was in Cuzco, Peru I met a traveler from Greensboro/Triad area of NC, who was a frequent visitor to Warehouse29 and a fan of Ben Versace. I'll post general info from Greensboro thread started by Lucky to include Warehouse29 here.

Guest JohnPela

"Greensboro, NC"

Lucky says:

John Pela posted this in another forum and I didn't want it to get lost as naked dancers are hard to find these days:

Greensboro only has a couple of gay clubs, mostly for college-age gays and 30's Something gays. Something new I saw in NC Gay Newspaper is Swinging Richards of Triad, in Greensboro. Every Sunday night have totally nude male dancers along with private rooms and lapdance areas. Its considered a private club (all gay bars in NC apparently that way). I haven't been there, as I left this morning to go home.

The hot spot in Greensboro for me is the Warehouse29 (w29.com) on Arnold Street where Highway 29 enters Greensboro from the east right at Wendover West Blvd. This weekend Mr Gaiety 2003 was the featured gogo boy/striper. Mixture of college gay crowd and older regulars. Also drag shows some weekends and then hot dancers like Ace Hanson (regular every month or so) among others. DJ, crowded dance floor, pool table room, two bars, patio/bar (volley ball and tea dances, buffet meal on Sundays during season). Also a long all glass shower between bar and pool room in which the stripers shower in G-strings at end of the evening.

Also there is the SkyBar late night club on Elm Street (main downtown business district). Mostly gay club for college-age crowd. The time I was in there a year ago, I was the oldest person in there by about 10-15 years. BTW, across the street is site of Woolworth luncheon counter where the first civil rights protest occurred in 60's in US. In front is a sign about this being the site of the birth of the civil rights movement.

I have been to W29 and Greensboro about six times now. I have gotten to know the owners of W29 and another former gay bar, 360 Bar (it used to have male stripers on Sunday nights before it closed), also quite a few of the drag queens and strippers while being back stage in the performer dressing rooms, not to mention several very lively gay personalities from the Triad area.

I wouldn't describe Greensboro as a gay bar mecca by any means. For me in particular its been fun each time seeing my favorite former Gaiety dancer perform and getting to meet and be friends with his large local fan base in and out of the bars.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived