Ft. Lauderdale - Boardwalk/Johnnies

RobPA
This topic is 6313 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'll be making my first visit to Fort Lauderdale next weekend and plan to visit both Boardwalk and Johnnies (sp?). Any current info on the Clubs would be much appreciated. Private dances? costs? atmosphere? are the dancers available to go to your hotel with you? Any tips on what to expect/plan for would be great. Thanks guys.

Boardwalk is the largest of the strip clubs in Fort Lauderdale. They recently remodeled (so the place isn't as much of a dive as it used to be) and added an exclusive VIP room which seem to be used primarily when headliners are appearing. It actually looks quite nice.

It usually costs between $5-$10 to enter (more for special events) which includes your first drink free or $1 off depending on the night.

The dancers, in my opinion, are not as hot as in past years. If you like latino guys, this is the place for you but many are out of shape and, at least to me, not very appealing. Drinks are on the expensive side for South FL. They do lap dances in a really tiny back room area using extremely uncomfortable massage chairs. I think most of the guys charge around $20-25 for a lap dance of 3-5 minutes. Different dancers have different prices and will perform in different ways. Many of the dancers are available for hotel visits (most are gay) and can usually leave the bar before the end of the night for the right price. You never know who you'll find there... the guys seem to come and go. I find John really hot and Jacob, while not as hot as he used to be, is still a great performer.

If you're familiar with other strip clubs mentioned in this forum, I suspect you'll find that the guys at Boardwalk wouldn't make the cut at 20 Club, Stock or Swinging Richards.

Johnny's is a lot smaller than Boardwalk and looks like a neighborhood bar. They specialize in twinks... the boys there appear 18 to 20 ish and are almost all very thin and boyish. I've never seen a dancer there that I didn't think was obviously gay. There is no cover charge and drinks are pretty cheap. There is no lap dance area. The dancers make money off tips as they work their way around the bar, chatting with customers, giving massages and allowing very minor groping. If you have been to Montreal, you'd find the dancers similar to Taboo in appearance and also in their a strong favoritism of regular customers. Out of towners, in my experience, are largely ignored by the most popular boys.

Dude's is also worth checking out in Fort Lauderdale. A really nice bar a couple blocks from the beach, Dude's has around 8 dancers per night... most are gay and tend to be slightly older, on average, than those at Boardwalk. Once in a while you can find a major hottie in there. I like Will (who I haven't seen ther in a while) and Anthony (from RI). The cover charge is $5 which includes your first drink. There is a small lap dance area which is a lot more comfortable than Boardwalk. Dudes is a really classy place and also includes an adjacent piano lounge with live singers. My only complaint is that the dancers go on stage in groups of 3-4 and stay up there for half an hour, leaving them little time to socialize with customers and do lap dances. Personally, I see everything I need to see in a couple songs and then would like to meet the guy. Of the 3 places I've mentioned, I like Dude's best.

Also in the area is Cupids in West Palm Beach (A solid 40 minute drive from central Ft Laud). IMHO, Cupids used to be (for its first few years) the best strip club in the US. It has gone so dramatically down hill that last time I was there I had to restrain myself from asking the management if anyone with a dick could dance there. If I'm giving you my best advice, I'd suggest staying in Fort Lauderdale, it's just not worth the drive.

Cupids is a private club, you have to sign a membership form and provide ID to enter. I think the entry fee is usually $20. The place has the look and feel of a straight strip club... plush couches, brass railing, pole on stage, elaborate lighting. The dancers do lap dances in the open in the bar area but last time I was there it seemed that touching was not allowed. They do have great private rooms where you can have some fun with the dancers if you find one to your liking. I think the rooms are something like $50 for 1/2 hour, I can't remember because on my last 5 visits, I couldn't find one dancer worth a lap dance, much less a private room fee.

This place has so much potential... I can't figure out how they manage to stay open with the guys they're putting on stage. Oh yes, of all the clubs in the area, it is the only one that allows full nudity.

A few added comments that I forgot to include:

It seems that some of the guys from Dude's are very willing to go back to your hotel. Not so much at Johnny's... the youngsters seem too nervous, shy or embarrassed to go offsite.

At Cupids, the price I mentioned for the private rooms if for the house... you also have to pay the dancer whatever you negotiate... I think its around $100+ for 1/2 hour.

Several dancers from Montreal have made appearances at Boardwalk this winter (and last) which improved the talent pool dramatically.

Another word of advice about Boardwalk... it seems that most of the more interesting guys there make the majority of their income from privates. So if there happens to be one you have your eye on, talk to him early in the night because the hotties tend to disappear early.

Archived