Valid Passport mandatory to fly to Canada January 23

twinkboylover28
This topic is 6383 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Tristan

The new law also includes the Caribean Islands, Latin America, and Bermuda. In fact, it includes everywhere outside the US where previously a driver's license and birth certificate were sufficient.

Guest msclonly

Experience of Forty years of traveling around the world!

I don't think you would appreciate any answer I give you other then YOU shouldn't even need to ask.

I understand the impulse in the US to raise the drawbridge in response to to 9/11 attacks and the continuing problem of uncontrolled illegal immigration, particularly on the southern border. What is being lost in the process is the heritage of a shared continent where all three countries were comfortable living with relatively open free borders and, in Canada particularly, the "longest undefended border in the world".

There will be a price to be paid for this, I believe. The US believes they have to close their border to people at the same time as they are becoming ever more dependent on the rest of the world for their resources and their manufactures. They also have benefited mightily from the talent and genius of the people who have freely migrated to the US in the past.

One effect will be a strengthening of other economic centers in Asia and Europe to challenge US hegenomy in both the economic and political sheres. There will also be a displacement of people and resources to these newly powerful centers as the US withdraws into itself. And US influence abroad will decline.

None of this is surprising. The British witnessed the same process of rise and decline a mere hundred years ago. What distinguished them is that they never drew up the drawbridge, perhaps because they never faced the same problem of the US as they were an island and there was a natural barrier that the Americans don't have.

Archived