What's up at Stock?

irishguybos
This topic is 6436 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

What's up at Stock? With all the talk after the fire and before the grand opening it's been real quiet lately. I'm planning to travel to Montreal in Sept. How has it been? How are the guys? Any special events coming up? Let's not here the whinning about a $3 cover charge. Tell about the club and dancers.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's up at Stock? With all the talk after the fire and before the grand opening it's been real quiet lately. I'm planning to travel to Montreal in Sept. How has it been? How are the guys? Any special events coming up? Let's not here the whinning about a $3 cover charge. Tell about the club and dancers.

Thanks in advance.

Irishguy,

Stock was and is Montreal's hottest male strip club.

The staff and dancers are the hottest and best in town. The entire club is brand new.

Anyone who complains about $3 bucks to see this show must be nuts. Stock is not a club with strippers its a male strip club.

A must see while in Mtl.

http://www.freshpair.com/images/underwearday/male_models/ace.jpg

TBL, surely you can understand that everyone has his own preferences...Just like some people like Vanilla icecream, while others like Rocky road...to quote Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along"????

And btw, TBL, did you get the private email I sent to you? I might be in MTL the same dates you are. Just waiting to get final ok from work for that week off...Since you are such a taboo fan, I am surprised you dont stay in town till monday morning, since Sunday night is their amateur night..You get some fresh meat that night.

Apparently the e-mail address I had listed on my profile for this website hasn't been in use for years.

I just updated my profile with the correct e-mail address. Please e-mail me again and I will respond right away.

Last year (May 2005) when I visited Club Taboo on a Sunday night there was absolutely no one there with the exception of 2 or 3 regular dancers.

I guess it's hit-or-miss but at least there is no cover charge *evil grin*

What's up at Stock?

As for Stock Bar, it's business as usual. Just hearing that it had re-opened was enough to get me back to MTL.

Right now, the doors open at 8pm. The $3.00 cover charge kicks in at 9pm, and yes, your hand is stamped so you can re-enter all night.

It's not hard to miss the club, with the new smoking restrictions now in effect, many of the shirtless dancers are found outside having their smokes. It's great advertising.

The nights I was there, the lineup had over 20 dancers working. Some were familiar faces, but many new ones have been hired. Since I like the tall guys, Randie, at 6'5", became my new best friend and, Raphael, 6', substituted as my #1 favorite while Danny, my avatar, is still away... I also found Marcus very attractive and gave a good lap dance. The new JP caught the attention of many, and his shower show with Marcus (a NY NY production) was one of the highlights of the Stock weekend. Jeremy/Marco (a BillE production) and Marco/Eddie (a NY NY production) also received a lot of attention, all were very erotic shower shows... The shower is now located over the right side bar and is an added attraction at the Bar.

There's still work to be done at Stock, but just having it back is making many visitors very happy. Lots of "Daddyvillians" were in attendance. Good seeing, Lustin Guy, Taz, Rendie, likembig, and being introduced to the Stockaholics.

PS. Taz, are you going to introduce us to your new tag line friend?

Guest msclonly

The Stage currtains are not red with stage lights!

They take on a more of an Arabian Red color with the multiple professional strings of Stage Lights. Very comfortable and easy on the eyes as they change to various colors of brown to gold, etc. from the lighting.

THe main room is now wall to wall and very voluminous or large.

Sounds even bigger when the stereo is turned up too loud, most of the time. It appears not to be finished in the decorating dept

The back booths look like the old ones were moved into new positions on each side of the stage as sort of an after thought. Still tacky industrial grey with RED curtains and still uncomfortable for any contact! There did not seem to be much traffic for their use.

Now you will realy hate this information, but the booth curtains are about three (3) feet in LENGTH! They were being shortened as the week went by. It really leaves you wondering what to do with them! Perhaps that is why the dancers are unhappy with the 'new' place! Besides it was more then half empty the weekend after the games.

During the games, it was very crowded, but the dancers did not do all that well.

But that leads me to the conclusion, that the main focus is the Internet Wedsite Video feeds and the money it generates as being more important then the patrons' overall comfort or value.

The stage lighting is the best thing about the new club, but lacking in the white lighting among the many multi colored ones, that are a bit weak or low at times and hard to see unless you sit up front.

The chairs are newly upholstered and easier on the butt.

Lastly, it was interesting to watch and interact with a totally NEW guy, who auditioned and begin dancing there without any other buddies to teach him the ropes.

So the only information he got came from the Manager or handler, who screened him for the job. So, he was of the opinion that $20 was the charge with touching. He calculated that as $200.00 for a half hour stint, that I suggested. He wasn't allowing for a lot of down time standing around before making contact for a couple of dances per client. Being new, he didn't really know how to make it interesting or worthwhile for the customers to add more dances after the first one or two. Just think you get only 3 minutes for $20.00! Not a good value! Some people have to work an hour or more for that at their jobs!

A drink at $6.oo lasts a lot longer!

$200.00 gets you a personal house call for at least an hour+!!

I wonder what the Management hopes to gain from pushing the $20 for 3 minute songs. It is not a very good price for friendly regular customers. The experienced guys figured this out!

Many remember not too long ago, when the songs were 5 minutes long and only $6.oo! And still your drinks lasted longer! :)

The $3.00 cover charge was in effect every nite including Monday, a very slow nite. That little charge means a lot less drinks are sold for $6.00 each.

I would rather pay a $6.00 Cover charge with a drink included. It would keep out any lurkers, increase revenue and make for Happier Customers!

RE: The booth curtains

I was informed that the booth curtains are just temporary. The new custom designer, full length, red drapes should be in shortly... From my experience, once in the booth, the length of the curtain is quickly forgotten.

RE: The Stage currtains are not red with stage lights!

msclonly, have you been to the new Stock?

"...the chairs are newly upholstered and easier on the butt..."

The chairs are the same and not easy on the butt, however, the bar stools are new and comfortable. I'd recommend sitting at the bar, as both have some good views of the stage, just don't let the support beams get in your way. Fortunately, they are being reduced in size.

As for the dancers "not liking the new place", I didn't hear that comment from any of them. This past weekend, the club was busy, the dancers were making money, and the back rooms were active everytime I went in. Although I didn't return to Campus at night, I heard business there was very slow.

Cooper, I hope you are right. I found the lap dance area very "unfriendly" compared to the old ones---snmall, not soft, and those damn curtains, are way too short. I also liked the nooks and crannies of the old area---there seemed to be much more privacy. The lap dance area near the VIP area is on the "route" to an outside terrace where some of the dancers go to smoke--at least that's what I was told-=-so there is a lot of in and out traffic.

Samai, I agree that the current set up for lap dances isn't ideal. The privacy/atmosphere of the "old" Stock was better suited and not as bright, however, check out the lap dance room on the right facing the stage. I think you might find what you are looking for in there. Hint, enter, make a left, then a right, and go to the far back. Keep that one our secret. :-)

Hopefully, someone in Mtl can fill us in when the new curtains arrive.

Guest msclonly

Wasn't it obvious which one, I was talking about?

The stage runway layout might be the best thing about the new Stock.

Made to order for the audience and Video Web feed. Only the lighting gets a little confusing when the blue lights are on, and/or the green & yellow ones. There are not enough white lights at times to really show off the entertainers' moves! That is where Campus excels with their new string of white lights all around the front of the stage.

There were still a couple of LONNNNG curtains in the backroom dragging all over the floor, but none of the curtains were wide enough to fit from side to side. It can be unnerving when the traffic outside creates disturbances by guys walking past looking in or looking for an empty. If that is a route to a smoking terrace, then it is not a very comfortable place to be for sure at any time. Concentration is disrupted. There are times when Privacy is appreciated, even when vanilla!

I keep forgetting to make a note about the guys. There seems to be more ordinary types along with more twinks compared to the 'old' days. It appears there is a big market for them, and the more friendly or aggressive do get time in the booths. There isn't as much socializing with the audience members like you see at the Campus. The emphasis is on scoring a dance or two to make money. The more experienced and innovative have learned, that conversations lead to more assignments and repeats, even if they give away a dance or two.

IF you didn't ask, then you would not know what some of the guys thought of the present setup. It is just not as intimate in the main room per some customers. It appears to me that the decorators are NOT finished with their work, and hopefully that will take care of the cold atmosphere. And soften the sound bouncing off all the hard surfaces!

It was full after the opening for Pride and the Games, but the guys did not make as much as they/you might have expected with the crowds. There is a lot less traffic to the back compared to last year!

:+ :+ :+

Priceline must be low on inventory for my dates of Sept 20-24. I've been bidding for 2 rooms in the "3 star" level for Montreal between $55 - $60 with no luck.

It also appears that the BFT sight is going to hell. I guess Sheryl must have scared everyone away with her less than pleasant personality.

I just arrived for a week in Montreal, and while waiting for my hotel room (InterContinental on Priceline, less than $100/night, terrific room)went up to Ste. Catherine St. The new front window closest to the door has been badly broken, the outer pane bashed in several places. It is heavy duty glass, the outer pane of a double pane window. Someone had a major problem! I am going back later after it opens to see what it's all about.

Guest msclonly

Strange, that window was usually opened UPward during open evening hours.

Growing pains can be so painful at times.!

;( x(

I have it now from 2 sources -- one a regular at Campus, the other a dancer at Stock -- that a drag queen got enraged (it may have been on Ladies' Night) and bashed the window in with her stiletto heels. So don't mess around with the Montreal DQs! The window was rolled up garage door style after they opened.

[Moved the rest to a new post, since it is really a Montreal report.]

Guest msclonly

More permanent shatter proof windows needed

More permanent shatter proof windows needed

to prevent any personal damage!

:+

I must say when I walked into stock last night I was abit overwhelmed by it's size. At first I felt uncomfortable but soon a dancer named Mikael saw me look his way. He nodded at me, I nodded back, after a short friendly chat we made our way to the back. Had an awesome time with him. A while later Sammy saw me, even remembered my name, and also had another good time with him, just like old times. So the main attraction, the guys, is still the main attraction, even though there were not as many guys there as I am use to seeing.

I found I sort of liked the place after finding a comfortable part of the bar to sit in. At the old Stock I always had a certain area I felt comfortable and at ease sitting in.

As for the back, the short curtains seemed to be more of distraction for me than the dancers.

I missed my favorite guy Jay, he wasn't there. Probably a good thing because between Sammy, Mikael, and Jay I might have to take out a loan to get home on.:p

As for the $3 cover. When I first went to Montreal several years ago I was surprised that the bars did not charge a cover. Sorry to see them change that, but I can't blame them as a business decision and it is definitely $3 well spent if all you want to do is sit by the stage and stare at the hot guys. Just glad the place (and Campus & Taboo) is still around, with all the strip bar closings in the USA.

Archived