Gay B&B in Montreal

TerryP
This topic is 6512 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm just posting this here because it seems that most of the serious Montreal visitors frequent this forum more than the others.

My boyfriend and I are going to Montreal in September, are looking for reasonably priced accomodations, and have not had much look on Priceline. As a result I turned to checking out some B&Bs, and found this one:

http://www.gaybed.ca/

It is $69 a night and includes breakfast for us both.

Has anyone stayed here? Are these types of establishments pretty open minded? I'm thinking for example if we decided to bring another guy back to the room with us for a couple hours, if there would be any issues.

Appreciate any comments.

- Terry

I was not aware of this establishment before but from the pics and other info provided it would seem to provide a cheap accomodation. Be aware that the corner of Champlain and Ontario is a fairly heavy traffic area and on the northeast edge of the Village, if in the Village at all. Some say the Village ends at Robin (below Ontario) but that is not strictly true. However there are few if any gay establishments in the immediate vicinity of that B&B. It is about a 15 minute walk to the action on Ste Catherine Street.

There are many B&B's closer to the action and in September vacancy rates will be higher (you probably couldn't get into one for the next several weeks because of Gay Pride and the Outgames). Of course, some of them are pricier than the one you have found.

BTW, if you are driving to Montreal there would be no good parking in that area and you wouldn't want to leave your car on the street around there.

you might try looking on craigslist (http://www.craigslist.org) under montreal vacation rentals... also, try http://www.vacationrentals.com.. last year I found a great privately owned loft apt in the village, one block from the papineau metro station, and I paid around $350 for 5 nites. It was a complete private apartment, so you can bring anyone back that you want to. I had contacted some of the b&b's and they did not allow unregistered guests..If you are interested, drope me a line and I will try and locate the owner's email for you..

RE: Gay B&B in Montreal

A week ago I made my plans for a trip to Montreal the last week in August, bid $80 for a 4-star, and got the InterContinental, which is not adjacent to the Village, but is right at a Metro stop. Every time I win on Priceline I wonder if I could have pegged it $5-$10 lower and still have won, but $80 for a good hotel is a great deal, even when the taxes and fees (in this case $96 for 6 nights) are added. From what I hear about the B&B, you can do as well or better in a real hotel.

People's tastes in accomodation differ, but I am not a fan of the small, personalized place when I want to play. I don't want to catch the smiling eye of the patron or another guest at breakfast.

RE: Gay B&B in Montreal

The issue is the dates, as users of biddingfortravel.com know. Sometimes there's a heavily booked date which keeps reasonable bids from being accepted. A friend had this experience bidding for 3* in Montreal in May -- repeatedly bid close to 3 figures and couldn't get anything accepted. When he eliminated the first day of his stay (he used a cheap hotel in the Village for that night), he was accepted at the Hyatt @ $70 for the other nights.

I had a similar experience for a 6-day trip last year -- eventually got the Hyatt reasonably for half the stay and then the Marriott Chateau Champlain for $85 for the other half, very last minute.

Archived