Stock Bar

Boston Guy
This topic is 6553 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I walked by Stock last night. You can see into the interior through cutouts in the plywood that have been made to expose the parking meters.

It appears to me that the roof is on. Although it was raining, there was no sign that it was wet inside and every part of the roof that I could see from the outside appeared whole and intact.

The inside is gutted. I thought I could see the edge of a small bulldozer amid the rubble. There is what looks to me like new insulation on some of the walls.

There is clearly a great deal of work to be done. However, I know firms in the US that could easily take a building in this condition and restore it to ready-to-open status in a matter of weeks. It really depends on who they have working on this and how much they are willing to spend for fast service. Also, if it's true (as one poster has noted) that fixtures are being constructed off-site, then that will speed the effort considerably.

Seeing what I saw last night, I could easily envision some management companies taking months, at least, to restore the club to business. I could also see it being up and running in four weeks, if the effort is being run by a competent company.

Campus was fun but not as busy as I expected on a Friday night. Not having a smoky interior was terrific. The streets are smoky as you walk by certain areas but I saw no one smoking inside of bars, restaurants, etc.

BG

Guest JohnPela

RE: Stock Bar and Campus Bar

I hope to go back to Montreal. I actually liked Campus bar in the afternoons more than Stock at night. Though Stock was fun to be at over the New Year's holiday.

I agree that the construction described in the above post could in fact occur quickly, it just depends on the construction company and the money/motivation to rebuild.

Guest msclonly

NO SMOKING INSIDE!

That is a major advancement for health and civilization!

Now it might be comfortable to spend the evening there.

The non smoking but HOTT dancers must really appreciate it there and when they get home. I know I will, when I get them home!

:+ :+

I walked by Stock last night. There is definitely a small bulldozer inside, which seems to be in a different position than on the previous day. Other than that, there was no sign of activity -- not surprising at 9:00 pm on a Saturday night.

I asked several dancers at Campus. Each one said the same thing: "I hear they are trying to open by the end of July."

My guess would be that this information simply represents what the dancers are hearing on the street, rather than anything particularly up-to-date or accurate. If there have been new developments, they have at least not yet reached the dancers I spoke to.

BG

Guest JohnPela

RE: Stock Bar Construction

>My guess would be that this information simply represents what

>the dancers are hearing on the street, rather than anything

>particularly up-to-date or accurate. If there have been new

>developments, they have at least not yet reached the dancers I

>spoke to.

>

>BG

It seems like Stock Bar owners would keep the dancers informed of the progress, in the same manner that an owner of another kind of business or factory would keep workers informed after a natural or man-made disaster or fire destroyed their place of work.

RE: Stock Bar Construction

Concerning the prediction that Le Stock will be open by the end of July, forget it! It will either be open by July 15th or it will not be open until late in August or later. That is because Quebec has a two week construction holiday the last two weeks of July and no work can be done on construction sites. This is strictly enforced. I mentioned this once before but you may not have noticed. Trust me!

Guest msclonly

Construction is very unpredictable.

The future always works out different from what you think!

SO relax and enjoy what is available.

:+ :+ :+

Guest JohnPela

RE: Construction is very unpredictable.

>The future always works out different from what you think!

>

>SO relax and enjoy what is available.

>

>:+ :+ :+

Great Advice!... not only relating to the reconstruction of Stock Bar but every facet of life. Probably one of the better truths to learn and for many of us (me included) seem to learn to late in life.

Hey, Campus Bar is full in the afternoon and evening of hot guys from normal Campus ranks but also from Stock ranks. So I would have to think plenty of guys to choose from but limited lap dance space. So you have to get in there early and in the lap dance area early. Then also I would think it is good if Stock guys are having to abide by the $10 per song rule there.

I'll probably be going back to Montreal soon, first time since New Year's holiday. Maybe I'll get to enjoy good times with the guys I spent time with at New Year's.

Archived