Silverado Portland Oregon

KY_TOP
This topic is 6869 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was there in 2002 so my info may be outdated. But I found the place very enjoyable and a lot of fun. The staff, strippers, and other patrons were very friendly.

They did have a couple of drag queen lip syncs between strippers and I could have done without that.

When I was there the strippers didn't seem to be part of the usual group of "circuit" dancers that did the Gaiety, Remmingtons, etc. They struck me more like home-town guys just making a few extra bucks. I didn't see a lot of pumped up gym rats but they were mostly fit and good looking guys.

However, there was one stripper that left me scratching my head. He had to be at least 30 lbs over weight and his belly was literally hanging over his g-string. Not a pretty sight and his dancing wasn't all that great. But he was enthusiastic and the patrons were very generous with their tips.

I never did find a back room or a place to talk one-on-one with the dancers. There were a couple of guys I really wanted to take back to the hotel. But, they didn't mingle with the patrons or show any interest in anything but their job and tips.

In general, the dancers at Silverado are twinks. Very young and not much muscle. Several have the appearance of meth addicts, but certainly not all. Silverado is usually very crowded, but the crowd and staff are friendly.

There are at least two dancers performing at any given time; one on the main stage and a second in a small, elevated cage over the staircase leading to the basement. Some dancers will strip completely naked, but most strip only to a thong or underwear.

Hope you have fun while you're in Portland.

John

p.s. Three Sisters is about a block away from Silverado. You never know when that bar will be open. The dancers there are much more muscular and two of the performers are twin brothers. Very hot guys!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I made it to Silverado and was very disappointed. The place was friendly and the DJ was fine but for a strip club it really is not. It is more of a neighborhood bar with a few dancers thrown in. I was there on a Friday night, they had 3 dancers. They each danced for 20 minutes and then disappeared most of the time between sets downstairs. There was no one dancing in the cage and the main stage is big enough to have 2 or 3 dancers at once but had only 1. The place was packed by midnight and a small group of women left their male dates to take most of the seats around the stage, acting silly, screaming and taking 5 minutes just to give the poor dancer 1 dollar. This place is a nice gay club but really shouldn't advertise as a strip club.

After leaving Silverado, I took the suggestion and stopped by 3 Sisters. They had 8 dancers that rotated on stage 2 at a time and offered peaks inside their shorts for any tip. Then one would leave the stage and move though the crowd for tips. When he got back to the stage the other would do the same. Between sets the dancers roam through the crowd and one dancer doubled as the DJ. They offer lap dances for $20, but the problem is the lap dance area is in a very well lighted area in the middle of the club. Therefore, a little grinding into your lap is about all you get and even too much chest play is not allowed. The crowd was very light compared to Silverado and about 30% or more of the crowd was female including a bachlorette party. Most of the dancers paid alot of attention to the females for nominal tips. The place is also female managed and it almost felt like I was visiting a male strip club for women. But I did enjoy my visit and had a few dances with the Hot DJ. He did know how to grind until he got you hard.

Unfortunately, nether place are in my top ten list of Male Strip Clubs.

Archived