Stella's to re-open in 2 weeks...maybe

foxy
This topic is 7252 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Having a little time to kill before the 1:30 show at the G, Cooper and I took a walk past Stella's to see if anything was happening. First thing we noticed was the awning was gone but the name Stella's was still on the window. With our noses pressed up against the glass like two little kids in front of a toy store, we could make out a few workman inside and the bar covered in drop cloths. To our happy surprise, along came a very cute guy in a white t-shirt who turned out to be one of the painters. We decided to pump him for information. Supposedly the renovation will be complete in a couple of weeks and could be ready to re-open. As what, he couldn't tell us. I was tempted to stuff a few bills down his pants (he was cute) but wasn't sure how he'd react. Now I'm sorry I didn't. He seemed very friendly.

It was a pleasant surprise to see the steel garage doors open and people working inside. At first, I thought it was a "lock down" party, for the doors were locked and you needed a key to get in.

According to our "reliable" source, the bar will re-open with a new name. Foxy and I will keep you posted as to when the "grand" opening is scheduled. We have no idea if it has new owners or if it will still be a hustler type bar, personally, I doubt it.

VDN, thanks for the update and tracking down the owner, btw, what will the bar be called?

It will be interesting to see what happens when the after G crowd comes in looking for the boys, and who's going to stop the boys from coming back???? Time will tell.

>VDN, thanks for the update and tracking down the owner, btw,

>what will the bar be called?

I have no idea since I didn't ask as I stopped the conversation when he said it was going to be a straight bar.

>It will be interesting to see what happens when the after G

>crowd comes in looking for the boys, and who's going to stop

>the boys from coming back???? Time will tell.

Since it would be illegal for anyone working at the new bar to say to a patron "please leave because you are gay" or "please leave because you are a male prostitute" then yes, it should be interesting. I for one will check the place out only if it is a "walk in and sit down" type bar. If it is anything like the China Club then fuck it because there are few things in life I tolerate waiting on line for.

"Otis"...don't they make elevators?

Regardless, suppose all the hustlers and guys looking for them just continue to show up and do business as usual. If it's a "straight" bar, so much the better. It will make a great cover. It may confuse the women customers or they may start to do some hiring on their own. Now that makes me wonder, if there was a bar with male prostitutes selling their services to women would it be shut down? Would anyone from the vice squad like to chime it?

>The new awning says "Otis".

Thanks for the info parsifal.

That is the STUPIDEST name for a bar ever. I'm sorry, maybe Tampon would be worse. No wait, Otis IS the worst!

I plan to go there after I have some bran muffins and greasy fish. I hope their bathroom facilities can handle it.

AND there is already an Otis bar in NYC - we need another?

http://www.nypartyguide.com/venues/Otis.htm

It is time the gay mafia gets involved in this one!

Guest msclonly

OTIS, SITO, SITE

This bar appears to have something for everybody on different nites of the month.

Also, it might be a location to plan events.

:+

Archived