Stella's closed by the city

foxy
This topic is 7345 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

>Several NYC employees (police?) were seen putting up posters

>on the gates of Stella's this evening saying the bar has been

>closed because of "prostitution". Pretty shocking!

The sign on Stella's reads "Restraining Order"... "pursuant to the order of the Supreme Court of the State of NY... Penal Law Section 230 Prostitution. Closed by the court order 3/8/04..." Don't get any ideas about ripping off the signs, there's a $300 fine and up to 90 days in jail for tampering with those posters!

This ends all rumors as to why the bar is closed. Now what's next?

What's next? Perhaps we all have to walk around wearing those cute little "pink triangles" sewn to our clothes. Then we can all march smilingly into the gas chambers? Fuck NYC, ya'll suck! I'm cancelling my scheduled flight/trip at the end of the month! :(

Lots of fond memories from Stella's. I'm really going to miss that very unique bar. I don't think there's anything else like it left in NYC and I doubt very much if any bar-owner would attempt to follow in it's foot steps. I wish the bartenders, waiters, downstair-dancers, and the fabulous upstairs boyz all good luck! I'll also miss you showing off your hot butts when playing pool. :+

Guest uklust

This is tragic news. This was my favourite bar in NYC- and I met some great guys there- I will really miss it when I next visit. Keep us posted as to where these guys move on to- as I want to see them again!!!

Archived