This Week at The Gaiety (Week of November 4)

NY Observer
This topic is 6669 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi All,

Decided to post half the review "early". Anyhow, the rest of it will be up here late Monday evening. Get out and see the show, it's an excellent one, very entertaining. Sorry this doesn't import as well as I'd like from Word :(

Welcome to This Week at The Gaiety. Because I am going to be attending the first national Gay Erotic Expo Sunday, I won’t be posting my review at its normal time. I thought I’d do a review of the regular show (the first 7) now, list out the second half and then follow-up on Monday night (to be posted in the new review section on Tuesday). Sorry for all the confusion.

Let’s see, where to start. I guess some ramblings first.

I was very disappointed by the election results this past Tuesday. While very few of the candidates I had wanted to win did, so many didn’t. I hadn’t sensed the power of W, that he has capitalized on the events of September 11 (because in my mind he has done little else to improve the country), and that he is leading the country down a path that I am not sure I want to go down. Along the same line, there is an article in Details Magazine (which is a great magazine) that asks is the President a homophobe? I think that we shouldn’t be judged on whether we are gay, but on who we are and what we do. The fact that I prefer to have sex with another male does not make me any less qualified for a government job (or any job) than a heterosexual male. Judge me on my ability, not on my sexual preferences!

Gay Erotic Expo (http://www.gayeroticexpo.com) , Webster Hall, 125 E. 11th Street (between 3rd and 4th Ave), sounds exciting, lots of performers, exhibitors, videos, etc. Sunday, November 10, from 7pm to 1am and Monday the 11th from noon to 6 (Veteran’s Day; perhaps a bit disrespectful?) Cost is 20 bucks, but there are coupons for 5 or 10 dollars off in Hx and elsewhere.

Gay Life Expo, a bit more traditional, Javits Convention Center (http://www.gaylifeexpo.com) to be held November 16 and 17. This event is an annual event and usually has a lot of good exhibitors. It’s nice to see that these expos are realizing that as gay men, we probably have a disproportionate amount of disposable income, given that in most cases, we are not going to be supporting a family.

I attended an intense video hockey game between Gaiety performers Austin and Trevor. It was fun spending time with them, great guys and the action on the screen was incredibly dramatic. For those of you interested, I hear from a reliable source that Austin will be dancing at the Gaiety (yes, I said dancing) in at least one performance during his next visit, scheduled for week of December 16 (probably the Saturday night show at 6:15, but no guarantees). Oh, you want to know who won the hockey game, eh? In overtime (of course), Trevor came from behind (despite using the lousy remote) and defeated Austin’s squad. I am sure there will be a rematch any day now.

On the publicity front, Gaiety performer TJ is pictured on the cover of this month’s Playgirl. As always, he looks great. I think the real thing is even better looking than the pictures in the magazine. Had a chance to check out the spread in Advocate of Man of the Year Mark Dalton, very nice pictures, especially the ones where he has his beautiful smile.

A reader has notified me of a new club opening on Long Island. Here are the details. I know nothing further. Adams Wood VIP Lounge, New Very Clean

and all Nude Male Stripper Vip Lounge. 194 N Fehr Way Bay Shore NY

631 667- 5035 Lap dances available 20.00 cover charge Includeds lap dances,

open juice bar, 2 screen tvs playing Small but very intimate Lounge 2 specialty shows nightly at 10pm and 12 am Offical Grand Opening Thursday Nov 21

Hot and cold buffet will be served come and meet all the sexy friendly dancers.

I don’t think the 20 bucks includes lap dances, just that they are available. I don’t think I’ll try it out, but if any of you do, let us know how it goes. The Message Center on this website is a great place to communicate what’s going on.

Ok, enough about this. Here’s the real story.

As always, the views expressed in this review are mine alone (well sometimes friends help me, see below). We all have different perspectives on the show, what we like and don’t like, what turns us on, what body types we like and don’t like; this is intended as one person’s opinions on what went on. Please feel free to share your comments either in the Message Center or by emailing me (please include Gaiety in your title) at nyobsrvr@aol.com.

A good friend of mine joined me at The Gaiety for a “busman’s holiday” on Tuesday evening. The theatre was very empty but the show was still a good one. I was amused by one patron who tried to make the theatre look more crowded by popping up out of his seating and moving around at least 15, maybe 20 times during the show (which included 7 dancers, a total of 14 songs). He clearly had some ants in his pants!

Another amusing episode included the arrival of a threesome, two ladies and a gent. They sat right at stage-side and were clearly enjoying the show. They really liked one dancer and the lady by the stage was blowing kisses at the somewhat sheepish dancer. He took it in stride, smiling nicely, as he did at all of us. At the conclusion of his performance, the kisser got up and presumably went to the lounge area. A couple of minutes later, she returned, grabbed her coat and left her friends. I made some assumptions about what had gone on, but have to admit I was confused when 10 minutes later, her friends got up and left also.

My friend hadn’t been at The Gaiety in many years. As he’s an excellent writer (much better than me), I am going to share some of his thoughts (his name is Erik, so you’ll recognize his comments below . I’ll do it in a somewhat different format. Let me know what you think.

1. Tino Lopez, All World’s Video star. Here’s what Erik had to say on him: Tino takes home the prize for best booty. If it's roundness and bounce that give a guy a good score for ass, Tino gets 10 out of 10. I could go for a walk in his buttcrack and never come back. My jaw dropped and tongue rolled out like a red carpet when he turned around in the first 3 minutes and gave his rump and shake then proceeded to drop to the floor and stick that sweet crack up in the air. Oops, did I just drop a wad of my tip money or what?

NYO: I felt that Tino put on a very strong show, much improved from the past, lots of showing off of his ass. He has a great looking smile, a nicely toned body (looks a bit more toned this time, I think).

2. Neo, a new name for the dancer previously known as Stephen. He deserves a new name because his body is so much better, it’s like looking at a new person. His routine is still mostly the same. He dresses better, but so far, he’s worn the same outfit on three separate days that I’ve seen him (last Saturday, this Tuesday, Friday night). Here are Erik’s comments on this hottie. Ripped 8 pak, classic photogenic face, great overall cut and definition. To his credit, he is obviously trying hard to be comfortable with what he's doing (dancing naked). Could I get up and drop my trousers, dance to the beat, not be nervous, and manage to smile from ear to ear? Probably not. But, shadow dancing at the far end of the stage facing away from the audience? Come ON.

NYO:Well, I didn’t feel Neo was exactly smiling. I think he’s a very good-looking young man. I wish he were a bit more animated on stage. When Austin does his pacing, he at least counters that by his personable second half. Neo looked totally bored out there.

3. Gabriel, a hot-looking guy, back after a pretty long absence (he tells me he had been in a car accident; he looks totally fine to me now). Gabriel is a stylish dresser, lots of Diesel stuff; he’s a good dancer, moving about the stage nicely, incorporating some slides into his routine on Friday night. He has a beautiful face; those eyes are very seductive. His body is very nicely toned, not overdone at all. He has a nicely rounded ass, perhaps not as perfect as Tino, but definitely worth a few looks. He is above average endowment wise. Overall, a very nice package. He’s very friendly in the lounge, always personable. It’s good to see him back in town.

4. Alex, a beautiful newcomer, tall, blond with a goatee, great body, incredibly sexy smile. Here are Erik’s thoughts on him. People often report that everything that occurs seconds before an automobile accident disappears from memory. Alex, the car in question, wheeled out onto stage, hit us with some AMAZING booty and I guess I suddenly just can't remember Gabriel as well as I'd like to.

I'm not a big fans of blonds (being one myself) but when this boy lifted just a part of his shirt and eased his trousers down a bit and his sweet fuzzy cheeks went boom-chic-a-boom, I was left trying to scribble down a license number and say "what just hit me?" I would give his ass a tie for first place with Tino, but Tino just showed his and worked his more. A great smile and a good down to earth vibe (from what I could tell peeking into his crack)

NYO: I would probably rate Alex as my favorite this week, although there are lots of top contenders. It was funny that he took what seemed like forever to remove his shirt during his first number. When another dancer did that recently, I blasted him, mostly because I felt he was covering up. In Alex’s case, I think he was trying to arouse us and it worked, at least it did for me. On Tuesday, before Alex took off his shirt, he pulled down his pants and showed us his perfectly shaped ass. He presents himself in a somewhat cocky way, but he’s very sweet, appreciative. I like it when the dancers thank the patrons even if they are tipping only a dollar. Alex, from all reports, seems to be a very nice guy. I may have to investigate further (after all, the Erotic Expo isn’t until night).

5. Antonio, to liven up the show, this guy is a great entertainer, he moves so seductively about the stage and appears to really enjoy being up there. His first song, Rodrigo, seems so perfect for him that some of us want to rename him Rodrigo. His second song seems to work really well for him also, it reminds me of someone bull-fighting, it’s that kind of rhythm. He works extremely well with the music and puts on a totally entertaining show. In the lounge, he’s extremely modest and very personable, a really nice guy. Here’s Erik again (hope you are not tired of him, I am enjoying his comments a lot). Best choice of music by far. Close your eyes and you're on a beach in Puerto Rico and it's New Year's Eve (or any hot weekend night, for that matter). Open them and you're still there - and Antonio is right there, shaking it, spinning it, boom-boom-boom-ing it, turning to look at his own booty as he wiggles it, faster, slower, back and forth, even counts beats and mouths out a little rhythm in between big sweet grins. For sheer energy and enthusiasm, Antonio takes the prize.

6. Derek, a handsome guy, a more seasoned veteran, but still hot looking. His calling card is his big dick and large balls. In his first song, he uses his strength advantageously, making sure we notice the tracing of his hard dick beneath his pants. He has a nice smile and a warm personality. He is a decent dancer, moving around the stage pretty well. I like when he shows off the head of his dick “accidentally” during his first number. To me, many of these boys feel that they should only be showing off their penises in the second number. I certainly have no objection to seeing it sooner. Erik’s thoughts: At first glance - and during the first song - I wasn't particularly taken with this guy. He's the only one I noticed chewing gum. chewing GUM? Yeah THAT'S a turn-on, in a "hi, I'm a hairdresser from Bensonhurst named Belinda" sort of way. When he got naked for the second song, he switched into a gear that I connected with more. Knows his stuff and has been around the block, it seems, and what little I saw of his ass looked damn good.

NYO: Actually, many of the dancers chew gum onstage. I hate it! It distorts their face and it takes attention away from the rest of them. I think I probably dislike it even more than not going barefoot. On that note, of the seven regulars, only Neo and Alex (I’ll have to work on him) did not go barefoot. It was also a relatively tattoo-free lineup. Those who had tattoos had very small tasteful ones. I might be wrong, but I think that only Antonio and Derek have tattoos.

7. Ryan, like Neo, a part-time DJ at The Gaiety and our “twink” of the week. He’s a cute blond, improving body, not at all outgoing on stage. I wish he’d loosen up a bit, he’s not a bad looking guy. I think he’s mostly shy. I have suspicions that he might be the only gay dancer in the lineup this week (just my perception, I don’t know this at all). Erik on Ryan. The guy came out and in seconds his whole "hey I'm just chilling out up here and be-bopping around like I'm on the dance floor at any dance club at 5 a.m. just before it closes" attitude won me over. A totally style-less style, but strangely nearly identical to the way i dance when it's late and I'm on the dance floor. This is one of those guys whose girlfriends got bored or tired and is sitting the dance out, and he's hanging out on the dance floor just kind of doing nothing. I get up next to him on the floor, we mimic each other's moves in a complimentary way and next thing you know his girlfriend is going home in her cab and I'm back at my place fucking him doggie style.

Unfortunately, the fantasy ended quickly when Ryan came out for the second song. The guy I'm talking about in the fantasy is all smiles and having fun - Ryan's attempt at a smile came out as a grimace at best. I'd rather fuck his girlfriend ANY day.

NYO: Well it was nice while it lasted. I think as Ryan gets more comfortable on stage, he will improve. It can’t be easy being up on that intimidating stage, especially when there are a total of maybe ten people in the audience and maybe two of them are tipping. Hard to get motivated for three or four bucks

Ok, that’s it for the first half of the show. Too bad, Erik couldn’t join me for the weekend show. Please let me know how you liked this format. It was more work for me, cutting and pasting, but as always, I love hearing people’s perceptions of the guys and the show.

I will continue the review on Monday night when I return from work, wrapping up the reinforcement lineup. For those of you who see this on the Message Center before the weekend is over, get out here fast. The second half is extremely entertaining. The lineup on Friday was:

8. Ronnie LaCouer (he gave me his website to post here; it’s http://www.ronnielacour.com. Nice looking pics.

9. Ben

10. Marco

11. Vito

12. Marlone, putting on what may have been the funniest routine I have ever seen at The Gaiety, well done!

13. Joey

More to follow on Monday. Have a great weekend!! Enjoy Indian Summer before it gets cold again.

All I know about next week at this point is Ronnie, Ben and Marlone. I will find out more but by the time I post, it will already be Monday!

See you next time around.

Hugs,

NYO

NYO,

Once again you have done a WONDERFUL job.

Erik's comments were truly hilarious. Well done!

>NYO: I would probably rate Alex as my favorite this week,

>although there are lots of top contenders.

Alex was my favorite also. Super, super SEXY :9

>Antonio, to liven up the show, this guy is a great

>entertainer, he moves so seductively about the stage and

>appears to really enjoy being up there.

Yes, no doubt that Antonio is an entertainer. On Friday night, he gave his best performance ever. What an amazing guy! ;-)

Luso

:D

>Antonio gave his best performance ever on Friday night? Must

>have been the inspirational talk we had on Thursday!

OK Lucky, ANTONIO is HOT, but GABRIEL's 9:15 pm Friday show was totally SMOOTH. I showed him that move on how to slide across the Gaiety stage on his knees. He did very well in that position with me during our Wed. matinee performance. :p

HEY CRITICS, Great team approach to "this week's Gaiety reviews". I LIKED IT! But NYO, do you really consider Ryan a "twink"? He's 26 yo and shows a maturity beyond that of a "twink". He does, however, have a youthful face and body, reminded me a bit of Justin from "Queer as Folk". I loved the description of his dancing on stage, SO TRUE...Thanks NYO for putting in the extra time it took to "cut and paste", it paid off. GREAT REVIEW, thanks to the both of you!

LUSO, I wanted you to know that I thought your use of the :-) :-) :-) faces to rate the Gaiety dancers was very creative. After all, if movies can get stars, restaurants can get chef hats, hotels get $$$ ratings, why not dancers receiving :-) faces for their overall performance. Would you be willing to do it again? ... COOP

Guest fukamarine

>LUSO, I wanted you to know that I thought your use of the

>:-) :-) :-) faces to rate the Gaiety dancers was very

>creative. After all, if movies can get stars, restaurants

>can get chef hats, hotels get $$$ ratings, why not dancers

>receiving :-) faces for their overall performance.

Rather than smiley faces - which IMHO are done to death - why not show 1, 2, 3, (or as many as the dancers performance deserves) pics of Rick M's ass?

fukamarine

Here is some clarification regarding this place after I spoke with NYO's source Saturday evening and after I called the place today.

This is not a new place opening up. This place has been opened and they are just adding naked guys to the mix.

Monday: Lesbian Night (joy)

Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday: Male Performers (nude) 8PM - 2AM in this new Adams (Adam's?) Wood VIP Lounge.

Friday - Saturday - Sunday: Couples' Night ("couple" wasn't clearly defined)

I was also told that this place is a swingers' hangout.

Here is an on-line ad for this place:

http://www.xtrememagazine.com/images/magazine/FANTASY-VIDEO.jpg

Oh my! If any of you call the number below and get new, corrected or updated info please post for all of us. It sounds scary, out of the way and perverse with lots of bi and lesbain stuff happening. I will be going! I plan to give you all a report. Stay tuned. I was told that http://www.adamswood69.com was the web site with pics of the guys, etc. but it is not working. I tried some variations and no luck.

V D N (.. and I will be driving)

>A reader has notified me of a new club opening on Long

>Island. Here are the details. I know nothing further.

>Adams Wood VIP Lounge, New Very Clean

>and all Nude Male Stripper Vip Lounge. 194 N Fehr Way

>Bay Shore NY

>631 667- 5035 Lap dances available 20.00 cover charge

>Includeds lap dances,

>open juice bar, 2 screen tvs playing Small but very intimate

>Lounge 2 specialty shows nightly at 10pm and 12 am

>Offical Grand Opening Thursday Nov 21

>Hot and cold buffet will be served come and meet all the

>sexy friendly dancers.

>I don’t think the 20 bucks includes lap dances, just that

>they are available. I don’t think I’ll try it out, but if

>any of you do, let us know how it goes. The Message Center

>on this website is a great place to communicate what’s going

>on.

Here is info from Cooper via a lounge post:

V D N,

Look under "newest reviews" for Sat. CT Dick wrote an excellent review on that club. Try his web access: http://hometown.aol.com/adamwoodlounge69/myhomepage/profile.html

It worked for me

>Hey VDN,

>Thanks for printing out all the details. Let's just hope the

>place is still "open" by the time you get there! Looking

>forward to your review...Coop

LOL - VERY sassy of you to say that!!! Instead of giving LOTS of details like I did with RED I will attempt to use some sort of code. I will avoid donut analogies as to keep you know who away from our possible little get away.

V D N

REVIEW OF ADAM'S WOOD

I copied and pasted the review of Adam's Wood here for everyone - THANK YOU BOYS FOR THE GREAT REPORT!!!!!

Review #2, 11/9/2002

Escort's Name: Adam's Wood Lounge & Fantasy Video

when: November 2002

Where did you find him?: This Site (M4M ER)

Publication:

Internet Address: http://hometown.aol.com/adamwoodlounge69/myhomepage/profile.html

Escort's email address:

Escort's advertised phone number: 631 667-5035

Rates-Time Only: Lap Dances from $20

Did he live up to his physical description?: Yes

Did he live up to what he promised?:

Height:

Weight:

Facial Hair:

Body Hair:

Hair Color:

Eye Color:

DickSize: Select One

Cut: Select One

Thickness: Select One

Does he smoke?: Select One

Top, Bottom, Versatile?:

In Calls / Out Calls / Not Sure:

Kisser: Yes

Has He been Reviewed Here before?: Yes

Rating: Recommended

HireAgain: If it were closer.

Handle: CT Dick

Submissions: I have submitted 5 or More Reviews

URL for pics:

Experience:

Since the previous reviewer was a first-timer, I thought the review might be self-promotion by the management.

Still, I risked a drive from CT on a Wednesday night and I was not disappointed.The review was all true.

The place is attractive and-well run. They guys are all good-looking. There were 6-8 of them. First I tried Krys. He is a waste (after a so-so time, he got aggressive over a tip - charged $25). Then Mike (charged $20 "plus tip" I paid $40) and finally Joe (charged $20 "plus tip" I paid $60). These two went beyond a traditional lap dance (we were in a private video booth.) and Joe helped me find great pleasure (wink).

Part of the fun was that there were more dancers than customers so I had plenty of attention. I'd recommend this place to anyone who enjoys augmented lap dances.

A couple of points: There is a $20 admission charge.

It is open only Tues, Wed, and Thursday from 8pm (I got there after 9:00)

It is located in a corner of a much larger str8 sex club/video store. If you need to use the bathroom, do it in the str8 club before entering; there is not a toilet inside Adam's Wood.

This building is in a quiet industrial area with plenty of parking; I felt very safe there.

You:

55, frequent escort hirer. Not usually into clubs because they are often cock-teases. Not this one.

Reviewed:

My Previously Published Reviews:

Rick Munroe, NYC

Matt, Vancouver

George, Ft. Lauderdale

Marcus, Ft. Lauderdale

Joey Ciccone, DC

Stavros - Ft Lauderdale

Will St John - NYC

George - Ft L/Miami

Derek Ross - NYC

Escort's Name: Adams Wood Lounge@Fantasy Video

when: Oct16 & 22, 2002

Where did you find him?: Strip Club

Publication:

Internet Address: http://hometown.aol.com/adamwoodlounge69/myhomepage/profile.html

Escort's email address:

Escort's advertised phone number: 631 667-5035

Rates: $20 lap dance & up

Did he live up to his physical description?: Yes

Did he live up to what he promised?: Yes

Height:

Weight:

Facial Hair:

Body Hair:

Hair Color:

Eye Color:

DickSize: Select One

Cut: Select One

Thickness: Select One

Does he smoke?: Select One

Top, Bottom, Versatile?:

In Calls / Out Calls / Not Sure:

Kisser: Not important to me

Has He been Reviewed Here before?: No

Rating: Recommended

HireAgain: yes

Handle: Big Steve

Submissions: This Is My First Review

URL for pics:

Experience:

Adamwood lounge at fantasy video is a private strip club that opened up two weeks ago, in an adult Video store located in an industrial area. (Adult video stores with dancers is pretty common on Long Island, though its mostly female dancers for males. Several have tried male dancers in the past but usually the store would drop them for a variety of reasons). The store is really a former warehouse with a section for female lap dancers, and an all male peep show/cruising area. Adams wood is without a doubt the best version of a Long Island male strip club I 've ever seen. Fantasy video has had male dancers on and off in the past five years, and I have some great times there. (They always have female dancers).

Adams wood lounge is a 2 level, four room, section of the store with a separate entrance. There is a $20.00 entrance fee, which entitles you to free soda and snacks. The dancers work on tips But I understand that lap dances start at $20.00, depending on the dancer that could include full nudity. In November they will start advertising, and I expect it to get a more crowded. Right now attendance is sparse which is not a bad thing if you want to be the center of attention of several dancers. I was extremely impressed with the decor and atmosphere and the boys. On my first visit I was introduced to Jeff, who offered to give me a tour of the facilities. Jeff is a straight acting LI Italian, in his early 20’s, with an athletic body and an unassuming personality. He was wearing only a black Jock strap the entire night, which showed off his beautiful ass. He took me upstairs to a room with wrestling mats and a big TV showing porno.. Jeff made a pass, which I accepted, and we had a!

great time on the mats. Jeff got naked and frisky very quickly, while it wasn't strictly a lap dance, I didn't complain. In the future this activity may be limited to the peep show booths on the first floor. Although it is a private club, so I guess anything could happen. One person popped his head in the room while we were getting it on. lt may depend on your inhibitions or the house rules.

On my next visit there were four dancers each one assigned a section of the club on a rotating basis, which seemed to cause some confusion among the boys. Since I arrived early I was the only customer, and they didn’t see the point to rotating. The dancers were surprisingly hot and very straight acting (which I like.) I made the acquantce of a new dancer named Mike. Mike is Italian, with a small(5’8”) tight body with a wrestlers build. Mike said, "He was very open minded" which I took as meaning that he was straight. Even though we were in the main room (by ourselves ) he got naked almost immediately and proceeded with a great lap dance, I had to tell him to stop, or I was going to bust my nut in my pants. Some people walked in during the lap dance, which did not stop Mike, though it held me back. Mike took direction well, including my request to stand on the couch while I sat at his crotch level and enjoyed a Canadian style nude dance. Later I met Mike in matt room and He!

finished me off. He was a very sexual person that enjoys showing his lithe body, and he had a magnificent cock, thick about 7 inches.

The other dancers were also very hot, and I am definitely going back again. I felt like a kid in the candy store. After November. It will certainly get more crowded. I plan on going there as often as I can prior to the crowds. There is nothing like being the center of attention in a room full of nude strippers. This is not a rip off! If you enjoy strippers, lap dances and male nudity this Is your place.

You:

I am in my mid forties, professional and heavy set. I enjoy strippers. but I have a strong preference for straight , straight acting, bi curious men, well built men, that are not afraid to get it on with another man. I have little interest in effeminate, or very gay types, (there are exceptions) I enjoy physical closeness, good conversation, and playful sexuality.

Reviewed:

My Previously Published Reviews: None

10/27/2002

I don't know why this didn't get posted by Hooboy on Tuesday, but I did submit it Monday night.

Geesh, the week is almost over.

Sorry guys.

Here you go.

This review is the same as the one posted previously, adding more descriptions on the reinforcements.

Welcome to This Week at The Gaiety. Because I am going to be attending the first national Gay Erotic Expo Sunday, I won’t be posting my review at its normal time. I thought I’d do a review of the regular show (the first 7) now, list out the second half and then follow-up on Monday night (to be posted in the new review section on Tuesday). Sorry for all the confusion.

Let’s see, where to start. I guess some ramblings first.

I was very disappointed by the election results this past Tuesday. While very few of the candidates I had wanted to win did, so many didn’t. I hadn’t sensed the power of W, that he has capitalized on the events of September 11 (because in my mind he has done little else to improve the country), and that he is leading the country down a path that I am not sure I want to go down. Along the same line, there is an article in Details Magazine (which is a great magazine) that asks is the President a homophobe? I think that we shouldn’t be judged on whether we are gay, but on who we are and what we do. The fact that I prefer to have sex with another male does not make me any less qualified for a government job (or any job) than a heterosexual male. Judge me on my ability, not on my sexual preferences!

Gay Erotic Expo (http://www.gayeroticexpo.com) , Webster Hall, 125 E. 11th Street (between 3rd and 4th Ave), sounds exciting, lots of performers, exhibitors, videos, etc. Sunday, November 10, from 7pm to 1am and Monday the 11th from noon to 6 (Veteran’s Day; perhaps a bit disrespectful?) Cost is 20 bucks, but there are coupons for 5 or 10 dollars off in Hx and elsewhere.

Gay Life Expo, a bit more traditional, Javits Convention Center (http://www.gaylifeexpo.com) to be held November 16 and 17. This event is an annual event and usually has a lot of good exhibitors. It’s nice to see that these expos are realizing that as gay men, we probably have a disproportionate amount of disposable income, given that in most cases, we are not going to be supporting a family.

I attended an intense video hockey game between Gaiety performers Austin and Trevor. It was fun spending time with them, great guys and the action on the screen was incredibly dramatic. For those of you interested, I hear from a reliable source that Austin will be dancing at the Gaiety (yes, I said dancing) in at least one performance during his next visit, scheduled for week of December 16 (probably the Saturday night show at 6:15, but no guarantees). Oh, you want to know who won the hockey game, eh? In overtime (of course), Trevor came from behind (despite using the lousy remote) and defeated Austin’s squad. I am sure there will be a rematch any day now.

On the publicity front, Gaiety performer TJ is pictured on the cover of this month’s Playgirl. As always, he looks great. I think the real thing is even better looking than the pictures in the magazine. Had a chance to check out the spread in Advocate of Man of the Year Mark Dalton, very nice pictures, especially the ones where he has his beautiful smile.

A reader has notified me of a new club opening on Long Island. Here are the details. I know nothing further. Adams Wood VIP Lounge, New Very Clean

and all Nude Male Stripper Vip Lounge. 194 N Fehr Way Bay Shore NY

631 667- 5035 Lap dances available 20.00 cover charge Includeds lap dances,

open juice bar, 2 screen tvs playing Small but very intimate Lounge 2 specialty shows nightly at 10pm and 12 am Offical Grand Opening Thursday Nov 21

Hot and cold buffet will be served come and meet all the sexy friendly dancers.

I don’t think the 20 bucks includes lap dances, just that they are available. I don’t think I’ll try it out, but if any of you do, let us know how it goes. The Message Center on this website is a great place to communicate what’s going on.

Ok, enough about this. Here’s the real story.

As always, the views expressed in this review are mine alone (well sometimes friends help me, see below). We all have different perspectives on the show, what we like and don’t like, what turns us on, what body types we like and don’t like; this is intended as one person’s opinions on what went on. Please feel free to share your comments either in the Message Center or by emailing me (please include Gaiety in your title) at nyobsrvr@aol.com.

A good friend of mine joined me at The Gaiety for a “busman’s holiday” on Tuesday evening. The theatre was very empty but the show was still a good one. I was amused by one patron who tried to make the theatre look more crowded by popping up out of his seating and moving around at least 15, maybe 20 times during the show (which included 7 dancers, a total of 14 songs). He clearly had some ants in his pants!

Another amusing episode included the arrival of a threesome, two ladies and a gent. They sat right at stage-side and were clearly enjoying the show. They really liked one dancer and the lady by the stage was blowing kisses at the somewhat sheepish dancer. He took it in stride, smiling nicely, as he did at all of us. At the conclusion of his performance, the kisser got up and presumably went to the lounge area. A couple of minutes later, she returned, grabbed her coat and left her friends. I made some assumptions about what had gone on, but have to admit I was confused when 10 minutes later, her friends got up and left also.

My friend hadn’t been at The Gaiety in many years. As he’s an excellent writer (much better than me), I am going to share some of his thoughts (his name is Erik, so you’ll recognize his comments below . I’ll do it in a somewhat different format. Let me know what you think.

1. Tino Lopez, All World’s Video star. Here’s what Erik had to say on him: Tino takes home the prize for best booty. If it's roundness and bounce that give a guy a good score for ass, Tino gets 10 out of 10. I could go for a walk in his buttcrack and never come back. My jaw dropped and tongue rolled out like a red carpet when he turned around in the first 3 minutes and gave his rump and shake then proceeded to drop to the floor and stick that sweet crack up in the air. Oops, did I just drop a wad of my tip money or what? I felt that Tino put on a very strong show, much improved from the past, lots of showing off of his ass. He has a great looking smile, a nicely toned body (looks a bit more toned this time, I think).

2. Neo, a new name for the dancer previously known as Stephen. He deserves a new name because his body is so much better, it’s like looking at a new person. His routine is still mostly the same. He dresses better, but so far, he’s worn the same outfit on three separate days that I’ve seen him (last Saturday, this Tuesday, Friday night). Here are Erik’s comments on this hottie. Ripped 8 pak, classic photogenic face, great overall cut and definition. To his credit, he is obviously trying hard to be comfortable with what he's doing (dancing naked). Could I get up and drop my trousers, dance to the beat, not be nervous, and manage to smile from ear to ear? Probably not. But, shadow dancing at the far end of the stage facing away from the audience? Come ON. Well, I didn’t feel Neo was exactly smiling. I think he’s a very good-looking young man. I wish he were a bit more animated on stage. When Austin does his pacing, he at least counters that by his personable second half. Neo looked totally bored out there.

3. Gabriel, a hot-looking guy, back after a pretty long absence (he tells me he had been in a car accident; he looks totally fine to me now). Gabriel is a stylish dresser, lots of Diesel stuff; he’s a good dancer, moving about the stage nicely, incorporating some slides into his routine on Friday night. He has a beautiful face; those eyes are very seductive. His body is very nicely toned, not overdone at all. He has a nicely rounded ass, perhaps not as perfect as Tino, but definitely worth a few looks. He is above average endowment wise. Overall, a very nice package. He’s very friendly in the lounge, always personable. It’s good to see him back in town.

4. Alex, a beautiful newcomer, tall, blond with a goatee, great body, incredibly sexy smile. Here are Erik’s thoughts on him. People often report that everything that occurs seconds before an automobile accident disappears from memory. Alex, the car in question, wheeled out onto stage, hit us with some AMAZING booty and I guess I suddenly just can't remember Gabriel as well as I'd like to.

I'm not a big fans of blonds (being one myself) but when this boy lifted just a part of his shirt and eased his trousers down a bit and his sweet fuzzy cheeks went boom-chic-a-boom, I was left trying to scribble down a license number and say "what just hit me?" I would give his ass a tie for first place with Tino, but Tino just showed his and worked his more. A great smile and a good down to earth vibe (from what I could tell peeking into his crack) I would probably rate Alex as my favorite this week, although there are lots of top contenders. It was funny that he took what seemed like forever to remove his shirt during his first number. When another dancer did that recently, I blasted him, mostly because I felt he was covering up. In Alex’s case, I think he was trying to arouse us and it worked, at least it did for me. On Tuesday, before Alex took off his shirt, he pulled down his pants and showed us his perfectly shaped ass. He presents himself in a somewhat cocky way, but he’s very sweet, appreciative. I like it when the dancers thank the patrons even if they are tipping only a dollar. Alex, from all reports, seems to be a very nice guy. I may have to investigate further (after all, the Erotic Expo isn’t until night).

5. Antonio, to liven up the show, this guy is a great entertainer, he moves so seductively about the stage and appears to really enjoy being up there. His first song, Rodrigo, seems so perfect for him that some of us want to rename him Rodrigo. His second song seems to work really well for him also, it reminds me of someone bull-fighting, it’s that kind of rhythm. He works extremely well with the music and puts on a totally entertaining show. In the lounge, he’s extremely modest and very personable, a really nice guy. Here’s Erik again (hope you are not tired of him, I am enjoying his comments a lot). Best choice of music by far. Close your eyes and you're on a beach in Puerto Rico and it's New Year's Eve (or any hot weekend night, for that matter). Open them and you're still there - and Antonio is right there, shaking it, spinning it, boom-boom-boom-ing it, turning to look at his own booty as he wiggles it, faster, slower, back and forth, even counts beats and mouths out a little rhythm in between big sweet grins. For sheer energy and enthusiasm, Antonio takes the prize.

6. Derek, a handsome guy, a more seasoned veteran, but still hot looking. His calling card is his big dick and large balls. In his first song, he uses his strength advantageously, making sure we notice the tracing of his hard dick beneath his pants. He has a nice smile and a warm personality. He is a decent dancer, moving around the stage pretty well. I like when he shows off the head of his dick “accidentally” during his first number. To me, many of these boys feel that they should only be showing off their penises in the second number. I certainly have no objection to seeing it sooner. Erik’s thoughts: At first glance - and during the first song - I wasn't particularly taken with this guy. He's the only one I noticed chewing gum. chewing GUM? Yeah THAT'S a turn-on, in a "hi, I'm a hairdresser from Bensonhurst named Belinda" sort of way. When he got naked for the second song, he switched into a gear that I connected with more. Knows his stuff and has been around the block, it seems, and what little I saw of his ass looked damn good. Actually, many of the dancers chew gum onstage. I hate it! It distorts their face and it takes attention away from the rest of them. I think I probably dislike it even more than not going barefoot. On that note, of the seven regulars, only Neo and Alex (I’ll have to work on him) did not go barefoot. It was also a relatively tattoo-free lineup. Those who had tattoos had very small tasteful ones. I might be wrong, but I think that only Antonio and Derek have tattoos.

7. Ryan, like Neo, a part-time DJ at The Gaiety and our “twink” of the week. He’s a cute blond, improving body, not at all outgoing on stage. I wish he’d loosen up a bit, he’s not a bad looking guy. I think he’s mostly shy. I have suspicions that he might be the only gay dancer in the lineup this week (just my perception, I don’t know this at all). Erik on Ryan. The guy came out and in seconds his whole "hey I'm just chilling out up here and be-bopping around like I'm on the dance floor at any dance club at 5 a.m. just before it closes" attitude won me over. A totally style-less style, but strangely nearly identical to the way i dance when it's late and I'm on the dance floor. This is one of those guys whose girlfriends got bored or tired and is sitting the dance out, and he's hanging out on the dance floor just kind of doing nothing. I get up next to him on the floor, we mimic each other's moves in a complimentary way and next thing you know his girlfriend is going home in her cab and I'm back at my place fucking him doggie style.

Unfortunately, the fantasy ended quickly when Ryan came out for the second song. The guy I'm talking about in the fantasy is all smiles and having fun - Ryan's attempt at a smile came out as a grimace at best. I'd rather fuck his girlfriend ANY day. Well it was nice while it lasted. I think as Ryan gets more comfortable on stage, he will improve. It can’t be easy being up on that intimidating stage, especially when there are a total of maybe ten people in the audience and maybe two of them are tipping. Hard to get motivated for three or four bucks

Ok, that’s it for the first half of the show. Too bad, Erik couldn’t join me for the weekend show. Please let me know how you liked this format. It was more work for me, cutting and pasting, but as always, I love hearing people’s perceptions of the guys and the show.

8. Ronnie, a handsome muscular performer, great body (check him out at http://www.ronnielacour.com (note no “e” in lacour). Ronnie is looking great, very natural physique, nice smile, big dick, nicely rounded butt. He has an outgoing personality and is always fun to be around.

9. Ben, an entertaining performer, one of the true showmen here at The Gaiety. He came out from side-stage wearing some odd costume, perhaps a hip-hop outfit, with a baseball cap which he used as a good prop. At one point, when he tried to remove his shirt, the cap “accidentally” got in his way and he just shredded the shirt, nice effect. Ben’s performance on Saturday was particularly good. He was very hands on with the patrons at the stage, making very close contact with all of them. It was one of the best performances I’ve seen him put on.

10. Marco, a handsome muscular guy, great body, improved haircut, hot ass, nice smile. I was particularly happy that he removed his sunglasses to show off his nice eyes and he even went barefoot in one show (he said it was special for me, thanks Marco). He’s a sensual performer, very in tune with the music. I can even tolerate all his tattoos, given how physically attractive he is. He has a fun personality in the lounge, dresses very stylishly and seems to be a nice person.

11. Vito, another excellent physique, sensual on stage, especially when he closes his eyes during his show. He has a nicely toned body, not overdone, a big dick and a great smile, very endearing. He’s a soft-spoken guy, very friendly. He prances around the stage without inhibitions and puts on a good show.

12. Marlone, the funniest show of the night, very creative, he’s always having fun. Marlone came out in an outfit that is hard to describe. He wore a white Afro wig, a tacky silvery outfit (maybe he thought he was a disco ball?) and outrageously high shoes, that we later found out went almost all the way up to his knees. He danced amazingly well in those shoes showed off his beautifully sculpted physique and generally amused us with his routine. In his second song, he came out with the same shoes, a long black robe (maybe it was made of plastic, I don’t know), a Star Wars type of plastic belt (almost like a utility belt) and some other contraptions which I can’t even start to describe. Of course, the highlight was his very well hung dick which is perpetually hard. It’s especially arousing when he pretends to suck himself off. Marlone is a very friendly guy, personable; the nice thing is he doesn’t appear to take himself too seriously. I like that he and Ben want to put on a fun show for the audience, it makes the show so much more interesting. I can hardly wait to see what he comes up with this week.

13. Joey, making a return to The Gaiety after an absence of several years. He was the big muscle this weekend, nicely toned body, a bit too big for me, but in good shape. He seemed quite friendly on stage, a bit older than most of the guys, but still very attractive. He has a nice ass, a great chest, good looking smile. I hear he used to be quite a popular performer, I really didn’t get a chance to talk to him at all.

Well, that’s it for the past week. Many of the performers from last weekend will be continuing into this week. Lineup was reported to include Ronnie, Tony Pitt, Ben, Marco, Tristan, Luis and Marlone. I think that Sebastian (spikey haired one) will be returning on Friday.

Have a great week.

Thanks to those of you who commented on the new format of the review. If Erik is willing, we’ll have to try it again.

See you next time around.

Hugs,

NYO

• 3 years later...
Guest JohnPela

RE: This Wk at Gaiety (Week of November 4'02)

Another NY Observer Gaiety review blast from the past for former Gaiety fans. This is one of the earliest Gaiety reviews that appears to be still on this site. Enjoy.

Also interesting that this was the week that a former dancer reappeared under a new name- Neo. TT must have missed this one!

Guest JohnPela

RE: This Wk at Gaiety (Week of November 4'02)

>Is that why you brought them back up ?

As I mentioned in my intro to replying to this old Gaiety review, I saw that it was the first week that Neo danced under that new name. But basically I went the earliest 3 reviews and read them that I could go back on the site screens. One other earlier review appeared to be a guest review when NY Observer was probably in Montreal or at least out of town.

These reviews were fun to read, and it all seems like a fantasy dream. We took the Gaiety for granted and then one moment later, puff it was gone from NYC gay scene just like a dream in the morning.

Archived