Ready's review of 1st episode of this seasons QAF

ready182
This topic is 8169 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

1. re: last season-end cliff-hanger (will Justin live or die?): Apparently the guy hit Justin so hard that it knocked Dr. David out of the cast.

2. Emmit interviews prospective roomates by sitting on their cocks. Apparently none make a satisfactory security deposit.

3. One of the Lesbians (the blond one) makes a scene at her sisters wedding, by announcing she wants to marry her lover (the brunette) -- the brunette likes the milk but doesn't want to buy the cow.

4. Justin has no scars from last season's "baseball game", but does have a fear of marinara sauce (the writers concept was it looks like blood, 'cept makes no sense as Brian saw the blood, not Justin).

5. The writers did give Justin a crippled hand -- so they could make a bad joke about his rehabilatation by frequently jerking off.

6. The Judge lets Justin's assailant off with a slap on the wrist. Mikey's mom wants to stage a PFLAG march -- Brian prefers a more proactive approach, and puts super glue on the judge's toilet seat. Rather juvenille, and yet funny. But speaking of bad writing, the adhesive wasn't super glue, it was Brian's "fake cum" recipe from high school chemistry class. Give me a break.

7. Brian blames himself for Justin's assult, and is on a drug and sex binge. Marinara-fearing Justin is suddenly mature enough to see past Brian's failure to visit him in the hospital, realizing that Brian's guilt is at the core, and resolves Brian of all responsibility for the assult, tieing up the whole damm problem nicely before the first commercial break.

8. Now stealing plot lines from Shakesphere, the mother of Justin (Juillette) forbids Brian (Romeo) from ever seeing Justin again. Guess that spells the end of their relationship -- not.

9. Ted is still boring.

Guest Merlin

Basically, they swept away the debris from last year. Got Justin well. Got rid of David. Got Michael back home. Got the girls back together. We are now back where we were at the start of last year and ready for a new set of relationships.

I hear you! They so obviously don’t know what to do with those girls. I can’t believe any gay girls are watching to catch that oh-so-brief glimpse of boob, so they might as well just drop the pretense and stick to the dick.

Much of the writing is bad to down right trite but it is still my favorite show to hate. Too bad that freaking Hal Sparks is sooooooo annoying.

I finished watching the season premieres of QAF and Oz, and while I must say that Oz once again shocked the hell out of me, I didn't have quite so jaded a view of QAF.

Sharon Gless, of course, gives another great performance. Her comments in the court room and her reaction outside were fantastic. I wanted to smack the hell out of that little football player for getting only probation for what he did. If only they could show the judge the video tape of the scene where the kid basically came on to Justin before Jusitn jerked him off.

What intrigued me the most though is how much Brian's character has evolved since meeting Justin. For the man who doesn't believe in love, he sure isn't acting like it.

I especially enjoyed the final scene between Justin's mom and Brian. So Brian was there every night after all....

I want to like this show, or at least watch it and enjoy it, but I find so many of the characters just people I don't want to hang around.

Guest Thunderbuns

>Great review, Ready! I sure wish they could put the lesbian

>couple on a long cruise to Lesbos. Boring!

I couldn't agree more. Let those dykes get their own damn show!

Thunderbuns

Guest Thunderbuns

>Much of the writing is bad to down right trite but it is

>still my favorite show to hate. Too bad that freaking Hal

>Sparks is sooooooo annoying.

In the show he is supposed to be 29. Can you imagine a 29 yr old acting that juvinile? Get real.

And off screen he spends most of his time telling the world how straight he is.

There are 3 pictures of him on the movie review website. In each one he is wearing shades and sticking his tongue out. Talk about a long tongue! If he were rimming you it would come out your navel. Too bad it will never happen.......... or will it?

Thunderbuns

Guest Thunderbuns

>I finished watching the season premieres of QAF and Oz, and

>while I must say that Oz once again shocked the hell out of

>me

Speaking of Oz, I wish they would bring back Chris Meloni to the show.

He is so HOT. Thank god we can still catch him on "Law & Order/Special Victims Unit"

Thunderbuns

>Speaking of Oz, I wish they would bring back Chris Meloni to

>the show.

>He is so HOT. Thank god we can still catch him on "Law &

>Order/Special Victims Unit"

Chris is coming back this season. I'm not sure what episode, but they show Beecher getting the news in the previews.

Chris is the man. Talk about straight but gay friendly. I've read some amazing articles where he talks about his gay following and how flattered he is that other men find him sexy. I love the way he moves. Sexy, sexy, sexy.

Guest Kenny021

Why do I keep watching a show that I find to be SOOO BAD that it makes "As the world turns" look like Shakespear. The writing is so awful that it is laughable. There is not one single character that I find plausible, let alone likeable. The "review" has it exactly right. There is not one single "straight" person on the show that is not homophobic. Oh yea, Sharon Gless is very gay friendly Pflag etc but she is such a caricature that her character is completely unbelievable. It's so sad that these writers have been given such a great opportunity to represent gay people as normal human beings and instead have chosen to ridicule each and every one of them by giving them dialog that is supposedly humorous and so stereotypical that if any straight people watch this show, I'm sure it's just to pity the poor "queers".

Guest dstud4hire

Well,I'm going to diagree and agree with everyone at the same time, without sounding like a fence walker LOL

I completely agree with everyone that says the writing is bad....it's actually atrocious....however, I still watch the show religiously, as I gather from other comments, we all are doing. The writing is fairly predictable, cliched and insipid, with no real depth to characters. Ahh, but alas, I still watch... I just wish QAF was as clever as their straight counterpart...Sex and the City. (NOW THAT IS A TRULY GREAT SHOW)

Re: the lesbian characters...I say KEEP'em.....I am getting tired of our gay male centric aproach we have in our community. Their characters are actually as on the surface as the males....but frankly, based on last season, I think their should be some more sex between them...if done right, it can actually be very sexy (yes, I'm 100% gay hehehe) but let's face it, based on last season, there wasn't a lot that would capture the lesbians in our community. I actually get somewhat jealous of that couple in how they are depicted, because whenever they are shown, it's all passionate and sweet and romantic sex, and with the guys...well, it's usu. a bathhouse, bar, 3way, etc (not that that's bad.....hey, we are guys...)

With regard to these charcaters not fully representing who we are....there could be no way one single TV show could do that, being that we are as diverse a community as our hetero counterparts...let's face it, in spite of a poorly written show...we all know a twink like justin, we all know a HO like Brian (helloooooooooo????? wink wink), and we all have an emmett in our life (i've lived with one or two).

I think what makes us as a community so uncomfortable with this show, and eager to tear it apart is our own internalized homophobia. It's alright if we as a community know that we have sex and more sex and even more sex, but God forbid we see us depicted (warts and all) in all our sexuality for the mainstream public to see...then yes, we do have a problem with that....

Ideally, I would still like to see more representation, but I do not hold that one show responsible for showing everything...because we as a community have an even greater responsibility...to come out, be ourselves, etc. The more our neighbors see us as who we are, the less we will need TV shows to depict who we are.

Whew, enough of my diatribe! LOL

Gabe in St. Louis

dstud4hire429689@aol.com

Guest neverbeenhad

Annoying? How bout unattractive? Brian needs a body, FAST, and a face that doesn't remind me of a bad 70s expose on homosexuals. The idea that the muscleboys lurking in the foggy, jungle-y backroom of Babylon would turn onto Biran instead of each other (never mind fighting over his dick in this week's scene) is laughable. In fact, I did laugh.

LOVE the writing though--want art? Rent fucking a Merchant-Ivory film, don't watch Showtime. And Sharon Gless as Bozo the Clown is brilliant.

>The idea that the muscleboys lurking in the

>foggy, jungle-y backroom of Babylon would turn onto Biran

>instead of each other (never mind fighting over his dick in

>this week's scene) is laughable.

My friends and I were just talking about that very same thing. I think Gale Harold is attractive, but by gay standards he is hardly a head turner. I would expect a straight writer/director to make that kind of mistake, but the QAF team is gay. What’s up with that?

QAF doesn't have much depth but I still find it entertaining. At least last season. I was a little disappointed with the season premiere. A lot of the first season was based on the British version which I found more interesting. Now that they have used up all that material not sure how the new season will be.

I find Sex and the City better mainly because it is clearly about Sex and you know it but the writing is better and you get to know the characters more they seem more 3 dimensional.

On QAF, the writing seems very overly dramatic like a soap opera and the characters seem 2 dimensional.

I still can't wait every Sunday evening to watch it though.

Your review was right on the money Ready. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the writing to be the worst in the shows brief history.

Archived