The Case of the Snagged Thread

Will
This topic is 7833 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest bottomboykk

Very strange. I read that thread, too. I haven't heard anything from another moderator about deleting it; besides the new software shows when posts are deleted instead them just disappearing.

Daddy: what happened?

Guest fukamarine

>Yesterday -- I know I'm not dreaming -- I posted something on

>a thread about aging. I even remember that the title had the

>word spelled "ageing" in it. But now I can't find the thread.

> What happened to it?

You're right will - I started it and now it's gone. Could it be that "The Eye In The Sky" (and I don't mean Daddy or our moderators)deleated it because I said Donald Rumsfeld was a former hunk? Am I paranoid, or what?

fukamarine

Maybe the topic just got old. :p (sorry; that was an easy set-up) Or maybe some hacker broke into the site & deleted it to make a point about how older gay men can be made to feel invisible in our society...but that wouldn't make sense because hackers are almost always young techno-nerds...but that would be cool, though, for a young guy to be defending the rights of seniors by doing something symbolic like making their threads go away. (OK, I'll quit now...this isn't even making sense to me.)

I do wish that thread would come back. I wanted to re-read the nice thing that Will said about me. Seriously, though...Will's post and a few others were really well done (which isn't rare) (nice "meaty" pun, no?) & I had a few things to add.

So gland that Will brought this up. I felt the threads were so important. I couldn't believe that it vanished. My thought was that perhaps people are so afraid of getting old they don't even want to hear about it. What a pity. There is lots to learn from such intelligent posts. It is nice to read something other than silly sexual banter, like some second rate sit com once in a while.

Guest fukamarine

>Hey fukamarine, if you re-start this thread, the spelling is

>"aging" OK? ;)

Now you know why I never applied for a job as a secretary!

But I find it odd that after several members have mentioned they missed it and wanted it back, there have been no reasons or explanations from the "powers that be".

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

fukamarine

I read it too. I was going to post a response and discovered that it was gone. :-( The thread about the stip club on Long Island is also among the missing. :o I participated in that one and I don't remember reading (or posting) anything that violated the rules. x( Strange, very strange.

i thought brits spelled the word ageing. i always confuse aging with texas a&m.

it was a good post, thoughtful.

i remember the part about drinking, and looking back at your old pics and thinking that, "hey, i was cute".

Although I sometimes save memorable quotes from message board threads, I never keep my own. Once it's gone - it's gone. The artist can never repaint the image. It is not to be reborn.

I agree it must have been a glitch - nothing more sinister than that. Too bad. I rather thought I had drafted a nice reply in that thread. Oh well, I guess I'll never know how others' thought about it. My messages are usually thread killers anyway - so maybe it was me after all.

I'm working on that one. Cause unknown, It appears to have been a power hit that took out the UPS. I've changed out the UPS and I'm monitoring the server. I've had to do a optimize/check/repair cycle on the DB tables and their were some problems that were repaired.

I'll try to restore the thread if I can find it but I'm still working on the backup stratagy for the machine (There is literally no quiet time for the machine) and I may not find it.

<TechnoBabble>

Current plans are to add a Slave Mysql server that get replicated from the Primary. I'll be able to take the slave offline for the hour or two each day needed to do a full backup and it'll automatically sync itself once it comes back up.

In the event of a failure, I can flush the backup machine back to the primary, or if need be reload from the previous night's backup.

<End TechnoBabble>

Archived