Number of Posts

eastbayguy
This topic is 7906 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Question: What constitutes a "post" in the message center? I've written a lot of replies to posts started by others and started a few threads. My number of posts shows up as "3" which probably can't be right even if only new threads count as a post.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I not understand what a "post" is? Or is there more to this than I realize?

Thanks in advance.

--EBG

There is a known bug in the forum software involving number of posts. It has been reported to the authors.

The software is apparently properly keeping count, but just isn't displaying it properly.

Hopefully, they'll fix it on the next major release. Of course, something equally annoying will be broken then so I guess it's a tradeoff. :-(

Daddy if you can this fixed you will be a hero to us all. I have been a member here for over a year. I changed names because someone told me that if I did it would work again. Well it hasn't sorry to say. Not sure why but I am not the expert either. I try to contribute but get frustrated when nothing shows. CHuck

Guest Kalifornia

ebg, all people who are moderated do not have their post count reflect properly. This is actually the bg. Once you are no longer moderated then your post count will begin to reflect for all to see.

Mark -Kalifornia

Thanks to all who replied.

Deej--if you're very, very lucky, they'll fix one thing and break one thing. If things go per industry standards, they'll fix one thing and break >3 other things.

Just out of curiosity, how does one become unmoderatored? So far as I know, I've never said anything remotely controversial.

--EBG

>Just out of curiosity, how does one become unmoderatored?

>So far as I know, I've never said anything remotely

>controversial.

>

>--EBG

EastBayGuy,

Every so often the moderators come up with a list of folks who have been contributing responsibly to the board -- and we submit it to Hoo for approval.

There's a list pending now and I'll add your screen name to it.

:)

>Deej--if you're very, very lucky, they'll fix one thing and

>break one thing. If things go per industry standards,

>they'll fix one thing and break >3 other things.

<chuckle>

Yeah, I cringe when every update is announced.

:p

Guest brianbb069

Losgatan - would you consider adding me to that list? Ive been good, am good, and will be good. Thanks for the consideration.

>I just wish that the "Great and Powerful OZ" would fix this

>once and for all. Instead of just skirting around the issue.

>I just can't figure out how this software can be smarter or

>dumber than we are.

I'm sure the authors of this software (who are not in any way connected with this site) are losing sleep over your missing message count. Poor guys & gals!

They must be absolutely HORRIFIED that the message counter isn't working on ONE of the hundreds of sites that use their software.

Gosh, can you imagine the embarrassment? Jeez!

• 5 weeks later...

Chuck...at least for people that read the boards...and who may not even participate...

WE ALL KNOW YOU POST A LOT....

You always have a great deal of interesting sometimes insightful and clever responses.

and if you're unsure of someones posts..you can always do a search with their name in the search box...and read everything they ever said. If you do that with mine...you might get bored to tears...even though there are not that many posts from me yet.

Jim

:+

Archived