problems with listing of topics

Guest elwood
This topic is 8007 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest elwood

Recently when I access the forums such as Lounge or Deli etc., the topics are listed alphabetically and not by most recent date. Has something happened? To find the most recent post you have to scroll down until you happen to see the date..sometimes page after page.Is there some way I can correct this problem? Thanks

When you are in the main page of any of the forums, if you look on the BROWN BAR, you will see, " Sort Topics by..... Topic ID | Discussion Topic | Author | Last Updated Date/Time | Views "

Click on the one you want the topics to be ordered in.

Guest elwood

Thanks Hooboy and deej...I tried your suggestions and it helped a bit...but something is still not right.The listings are now in order of last updated date and time but the topics are in strange order and a very different format from what they used to be. Can't figure this out at all.What would happen if I just stumbled on the site? How would it come up in default if I had never seen it before? Is there some way I can get the default format? Thanks if you can help...as it is now it makes the forums much less accessible...though the review section is still the same.

Guest elwood

Thanks again,deej.....but being a somewhat computer illiterate type...I'm not sure how to delete cookies...any advice? Sorry to be such a pain. My experience with cookies is limited to eating them :-)

Tossing your cookies :9 is going to depend on your OS and browser.

In Windows, cookies are stored in a folder named ... err ... cookies. It's in various places depending on your Windows version. You can go in and just delete the files with the name of this site.

In Netscape they're stored differently.

You could also go into IE's Tools->Internet Options dialog and click the button that says "Delete Cookies" but that will delete ALL cookies, not just the cookies from this site. You could lose logins from other sites. But if you're not, to your knowledge, using cookies for logins it might not be a bad idea to periodically nuke cookies on principle. <shrug>

Guest elwood

Thanks,Deej.Your suggestion {and instructions) on deleting cookies was most helpful and solved my problem.After deleting cookies,the next time I returned to this site, the topics were displayed as they had been before I screwed them up.Thanks for your patience with me..I learned something.

Archived