How come I don't stay "logged in"?

SoCal
This topic is 8206 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Is there a problem with the feature that is supposed to remember me when I login and then return later to the message center? It seems to work for 2-3 consecutive browser visits to the message center, then suddenly I'm logged out again when I return?

Tom

Daddy is on vacation, last I heard. It may be some time before you get any response. But adding to the trail of evidence on this...

I just saw this problem myself for the first time yesterday afternoon.

Yesterday evening, I upgraded from Windows ME to Windows XP (I.E. 6) and it's happening every time. I've checked my profile and it's definitely set to stay logged in.

Guest Kevin 2

RE: How come I don't stay

Please reconsider this WONDERFUL feature for ALL users. Hate to complain because I love this site. I check it several times a day and really liked it when I stayed loged in.

My .02 cents worth. ;-)

Guest Tampa Yankee

RE: How come I don't stay

Kevin,

If you leave your browser running even though you break your connection then when you reconnect your status will still be logged on. I believe it is set in a cookie that gets killed at session end, i.e. browser shut down. It works for me on my Mac with IE5. I shut the system down once a day (overnight) and then must login again when I visit -- but that limits it to once a day.

Archived