Update on San Diego

Guest mondo
This topic is 7445 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest mondo

I've been reading the posts about San Diego's Balboa Park and Numbers in WEHO. I have not been to either and live about equal (time) distance from both. I decided on San Diego as it seemed more like real cruising (I'm not the bar type).

I arrived at the park about 4:30 and there was absolutely nothing happening. I was cruising the area that some called the fruit loop. Maybe 8 - 15 people in attendance several of them women with their boyfriends laying about, a homeless looking person or two and about half a dozen older men just sitting by or in their cars.

It was like driving on a race track, endlessly going in circles hoping the next time around someone would magically appear. Apparently others felt the same way as the cruisers out numbered the cruised by at least three to one.

After about 3 hours I was so dizzy (of driving in fucking circles) that I decided to head home. On my way back I jumped off the freeway in Oceanside for a little break. Plenty of eye candy especially near Coast Highway and Mission. Marines, Surfers, Skateboarders all types of hot looking young men. None seemed to be working and it didn't appear like a safe situation to approach anyone who might be gay for pay.

Oceanside was a pleasant surprise in an otherwise dismal day. I might explore this area in the future but have no plans to return to Balboa Park anytime soon.

Guest mondo

I've been reading the posts about San Diego's Balboa Park and Numbers in WEHO. I have not been to either and live about equal (time) distance from both. I decided on San Diego as it seemed more like real cruising (I'm not the bar type).

I arrived at the park about 4:30 and there was absolutely nothing happening. I was cruising the area that some called the fruit loop. Maybe 8 - 15 people in attendance several of them women with their boyfriends laying about, a homeless looking person or two and about half a dozen older men just sitting by or in their cars.

It was like driving on a race track, endlessly going in circles hoping the next time around someone would magically appear. Apparently others felt the same way as the cruisers out numbered the cruised by at least three to one.

After about 3 hours I was so dizzy (of driving in fucking circles) that I decided to head home. On my way back I jumped off the freeway in Oceanside for a little break. Plenty of eye candy especially near Coast Highway and Mission. Marines, Surfers, Skateboarders all types of hot looking young men. None seemed to be working and it didn't appear like a safe situation to approach anyone who might be gay for pay.

Oceanside was a pleasant surprise in an otherwise dismal day. I might explore this area in the future but have no plans to return to Balboa Park anytime soon.

Guest sdmuscl4hire

ummmmmmm,,,,,,,, those homeless looking people wandering around there at the park..... yup those are the ones you went to go cruise for, Street hustlers

• 3 weeks later...
Guest random

I was in San Diego today. What a sad state the park is in. No hot guys hustling, no anyone working while I was cruising the area.

If you were there on Sunday, I think that it may not be a good day to cruise anymore, as there seems to be so many families using the park, especially on Sat. and Sun. I think that if there are still some hustler bois in the park, they may stay away just because of the families that use the park on weekends. I know that some years ago that was not the case, weekends were fair game also, but because of all the crack downs by the police etc. I think the bois now may feel that working the park on the weekends may be asking for trouble.

World Traveler

• 3 months later...

Archived