The Hunt, the Chase, the Catch...

Lucky
This topic is 7582 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Reading this forum reminds me that so much of the fun of cruising for sex are the preliminaries to tracking your man down. Sometimes even if the catch needs to be thrown back to the sea I will have enjoyed the hunt just as much. :p

Well said Lucky! I may have thrown back a few in the old days but I also found several I reeled in. :) We boomers may be getting old, but imo, we lived thru the halcyon days of gaydom.

We were young and there and uninhibited before AIDS, before everyone had to be a cosmetically altered, shaved muscle bound gym bunny, when you could go to a gay club without being blasted by dj music/videos even though the bar had no dance floor, when dance boy and hustle boy bars abounded, when every peep show had action and every town had plenty of peep shows, when every city had a cruise area for easy pick up of working boys at reasonable prices, when poppers were real and cheap, when guys who actually conversed outnumbered those who stand and pose, and when the need arose we came thru as a true community at the forefront of the fight for gay rights and to fight the scourge of AIDS. (If you read this Franco, top this as a long sentence. :))

I wouldn't trade my time in history as a gay youth for two go arounds as a gay youth of today. :)

Guest OralBtm4Top

Well said Hawk, well said. I couldn't agree with you more. And yes, Franco's sentences are painful at times to read. As well, hooking up with him requires enormous patience as he talks endlessly, like he writes.

• 3 weeks later...

What a superb testimonial, VaHawk!!!! And I agree, gay youth of today are lacking in a certain verve. An 18 year old with whom I worked last year went from straight to bi to gay within a period of about six months, and his only reaction, ostensibly, was "whatever, it's all good..." He's straight again, but I did get my share, fortunately.

Lost in a daydream... what was this post about? Oh yes, times past. Sometimes it seems to me that that struggle against repression, the clandestine lives we had to lead is what truly made life worth living. The thrill of escaping Small Town America and finding our brethren. Getting away with something, especially illicit sex,always makes it more exhilirating, doesn't it? And the feeling that it's iconoclastic makes it even more so. I was only a high school teen in the late seventies, in a small town well away from the action. But still, I get such a sense of what it must've been like in those years. So much has changed over the past few decades... nowadays, the exhiliration of the fight for our basic human rights (70's) and our lives (80's) has been replaced by our struggle for domestic partnership benefits, and to become episcopalian clergy. It doesn't quite have the same depth to it, at least not if you want to catch the fiery imagination of youth.

Anyway, hunt, chase, catch... yes, definitely the best parts. In fact, there are times after I've successfully landed a catch that I just make my excuses and go home alone. After all, the rest is so predictable!

La Trix

Thanks Trixie, and I just want to say that when I read your posts, they always bring me so much joy that this Southerner just wants to whistle Dixie! But don't you really hate it when you've landed the catch and want to throw it back but they put up a fight? :) To paraphrase Lady MacBeth "out, out damn trick".

Guest Gringo

Three cheers for the Hunters’ Club. The excitement is the hunt, the chase, the mating dance, the negotiation. Although I enjoy the saunas of Rio very much, they lack the hunt. In fact, very often the clients are hunted by the working boys. That’s a role reversal that takes the edge out of my pleasure. It’s wonderful….and, for me, it’s just too easy. The beautiful boys are there, the drinks and food are there, the rooms are there. Everything a gay man could want or need----except the hunt itself. Everything is offered to a visitor on a silver platter. But for me, I prefer the amateurs I find on the streets, in the parks, in the movie houses, in almost every corner of the city. There’s a lot of ground between the Pointe and Via Appia. Different strokes for different folks. :+

Archived