Hello from Bangkok

rickinoc
This topic is 5900 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hello all:

Landed in Bangkok on Tuesday and I will be here through Sunday. I managed to get the Holiday Inn Ploenchit for $75 on Priceline..its a great room with King size bed...and no problems with bringing guests over...And of course taking a taxi from the domestic section of Suvarnabhumi was easy..no touts trying to sell you luxury taxis!!

Warm and rainy in BKK the past two days...Not much tourist activity..I get a sense that overall the economy is a little down...Bought some luggage straps in MBK yesterday and the sales lady was blessing her shop items with the 200 Baht I paid her...at 2pm I was her first sale for the day!!

Walked around Silom Central and the Discovery Center shopping complexes..and it is mind boggling to see fancy stores with not a single customer..

I discovered a great food court in the MBK...its not the 5th Avenue food court on the 5th floor (thats where all the farangs (foreigners) go.... ).

There is actually yet another food court on the 6th floor where all the locals eat. The varieties range from Thai , Malaysian, Indian, Arabic, Cantonese, Muslim, etc etc..and the food is delicious and cheap...I had dinner last night for 130 Baht!! Plus of course the sticky rice and mango is something you should never miss in this land of smiles!!

Off to the Lamlukka temple in Pattamthani today to get the real Thai massage..incredible and cheap (200 Baht) for a 3 hr session...no hanky panky!! Best way to get there if you are staying downtown is to take the BTS to Mo Chit and take a taxicab from there.

Sampled a great looking Isaan lad yesterday...WOW!! Incredible eyes and a true BF experience...

More in my next post

RickinOC

:-)

>Sounds like a great time. If you visit any massage parlors

>with major muscle guys, do let us know. Thanks!

Hi all:

Last night I went to Bananas Mens Club..its off Soi 11 in the Sukhumvit area. Best way to get there is to take the Skytrain to the Nana stop and head toward Soi 11..Its a walk up Soi 11 beyond the Ambassador hotel and follow the street as it turns left and then right (You can use the map in http://www.dreadedned.com...)

The mamasan is very cooperative and there are all sorts of chaps there (including muscle guys if thats your cup of tea). Be very open with him and tell him exactly what you are looking for (he is from Singapore and talks perfect English). You choose the lad of your liking..head to the showers and then off for a massage or whatever.

I paid 500 Baht for a 1 hr cream massage and tipped the lad 1500 Baht for a true BF experience that you can only get in the land of smiles..

Cheers

RickinOC

Hi all:

Had an excellent massage today at a place called Busaba Day Spa. Its in the Patpong area on Soi Thaniya...commonly called the "Japanese f**k alley" and one of the only places that welcomes non-Japanese tourists in Thaniya Plaza.

The spa caters to men and women and they uually have some very cute masseurs standing outside. I chose an Isaan lad called Non and had an oil massage for 500 Baht. The spa was very clean and nice...Of course Non was very cooperative and I left an hour and 30 minutes later totally satisfied. Notwithstanding the massage was excellent (Lucky take note - as good as Daniel/Dylan in Palm Springs)

I may head back there tomorrow for a repeat massage.

Cheers

RickinOC

Yesteday I revisited the Busaba Day Spa with the hope of getting a repeat from the lad I had a massage from yesterday. Unfortunately it was his day off and there were no other lads available. And so I took the BTS down to B & N in the Sukhumvit area. It is a place that I have enjoyed in the past - however this time it was at best mediocre.

The manager "M" recognized me and suggested I try "Fresh" a slightly built muscle type (who as per M likes being a bottom). The rest of the lads (about 10 in all) were more muscular tops - not my cup of tea ...so I tried M's recommendation.

Fresh was more interested in things other than the massage which at best was mediocre - whereas I was looking more for a good massage. So all in all a disappointing experience.

And so off I am today from this "Land of Smiles" - back to the doldrums of work.. - I know I will be back soon...

Cheers

RickinOC

Bangkok is great. Duangthawee Plaza is just filled with "boys bars," one after the other--wow! Just find the las of your choosing, pay the 400 baht "off fee" and take him back to your hotel-1500 baht for the session (about $64 US in total). Also tried the Adonis Massage--about two dozen boys line up and you pick. 950 baht + tip (about 800-1500 baht) for a 1 1/2 hour scrob and full massage, including a happy ending.

The Tarntawan is nice and comfortable, if showing its age a bit here and there. No "joiner fee" and fee Internet are great, as is the 24-hour breakfast. Negatives: only a simple chain lock, safe only at the front desk, air conditioning is great but shuts off when you're not in the room. I have yet to experience the friendliness of the hotel staff others have talked about, just polite officiousness.

City "tours" seem to be more like very high-priced taxi services. Think I'll just take a cab or the subway or skytrain from now on.

But the boys!!!!

Frank

Archived