Dry, Dry Forum: What's Up, Guys?????

Axiom2001
This topic is 6869 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ever since this website was down for two weeks plus, the threads at this forum have been quite, quite limited. In fact, it's lain dormant for almost two weeks. Is anyone in the "club" traveling to Asia and in particular Thailand these days? I want to read the most recent updates to help me enhance my trip when I venture there in December of this year.

For two weeks I will be with a group; afterwards I'll be on my own in Phuket and Pattaya and back again in Bangkok.

Apparently, the club and bar scene changes rapidly; I want to be apprised of this before I go so that I can better prepare my itinerary; I'd like to spend my time enjoying,not revamping previously made plans.

(Before I go, I will definitely reread the threads that are posted here, especially those of which I am most interested.)

OK, guys, please begin to write!!! Your fellow cyberbuddy, Axiom2001

PS Where is OZ?

Guest rampo

Low, low season for Thailand right now - very hot and the beginning of the rain season. Plenty of hotel bargains, but not the ideal time for most tourists. Also not the ideal time to open a new bar. (I know of one farang who foolishly opened a new gay boutique hotel this April in Pattaya - it's already up for sale.) Now is the time when some bars engage in renovations and some new ones are doing the work to get ready to open around October/November.

I've booked my November trip on the JFK-BKK nonstop on Thai Airways (17 hours). They have modified an A340-500 to give even the economy seats more pitch and legroom and offer video-on-demand. Thai service usually ranks in the top 5 throughout the world - a pleasant change from the "senior" flight attendant staff that seems to abound on the Pacific flights of American carriers. I've booked a seat in premium economy, where there is a 2-3-2 seat configuration, the seats have a 42" ptich and even more room. The [a href=http://www.airlinequality.com/news/210405-THAI.htm]Royal Silk Class[/a] (i.e., business class) seats look fantastic, but I would like have SOME money left for the time that I actually spend in Thailand.:-) The fares I found on the Thai Airways website were $970 for economy; for premium economy I had to call the reservations number ($1540). I'm actually looking forward to seeing what the flight is like, although I will bring along a small supply of Xanax in case the 17 hours gets a bit too much.

Your response and update are appreciated.

Yes, I do remember the heat in Bangkok during June/July/August; at the time I was unaware of it being low season because most of the venues that I frequented had a great number of individuals at them.

I'm going in December which will be an ideal time weather wise if the weather remains consistent, but I also know that this will be during the high season.

Again,thanks! I asked why we haven't had much here: you stated it well! Maybe one of these days we'll run into each other during our travels.

Guest bernardff

>PS Where is OZ?

One could be facetious and say OZ is the world outside the small angry town called USA,BUT...

Its Australia,and the real capital is the emerald city ,Sydney.

Cheers

>PS Where is OZ?

Oz does not post here anymore. He expressed some concern about the people involved in running this site after HB died. His post suggested that HB's wishes were being overlooked.

Oz does post on Trilingual's site.

---/

That didn't take much time.

Guest rampo

My 31-year-old Thai boyfriend would be pleased to know that someone thinks of him as a "boy" - and that his english writing skills are better than some Americans.

>My 31-year-old Thai boyfriend would be pleased to know that

>someone thinks of him as a "boy" - and that his english

>writing skills are better than some Americans.

yea yea yea ...whatever.

uhhhhhh....by the way you just called him a BOYfriend.

hey slick,tell us......do you PAY this BOYFRIEND by the day,week or month.

or perhaps he gives you a special sexual tourist rate.

my my ain't love grand

Guest rampo

>yea yea yea ...whatever.

>

>uhhhhhh....

Nice, Gomer. I guess those stories about inbreeding in Kentucky aren't apocryphal after all.

>>yea yea yea ...whatever.

>>

>>uhhhhhh....

>

>Nice, Gomer. I guess those stories about inbreeding in

>Kentucky aren't apocryphal after all.

>

LOL@slick....guess i touched a nerve.

and by the way the inbreeding thing is really lame....is that the best you can do.

now run to the ATM and take care of your "BOYFRIEND"

>

>

>>PS Where is OZ?

>One could be facetious and say OZ is the world outside the

>small angry town called USA,BUT...

>Its Australia,and the real capital is the emerald city

>,Sydney.

>Cheers

>

I lived in Australia for 2 years; my reference to "Oz" was in reference to Totally Oz, an M4Mer who's traveled to Thailand extensively for the past 2 years; he's even fallen in love with Brasil.

Sorry for the misconstruance! Axiom

Thanks for answering my query regarding Totally Oz. It's too bad that he has decided to leave this site because he had a lot of salient information to present to us regarding places to go and things to do!

I'm doing my research on other sites, so I think I'll be all right once I arrive in Thailand to spend a month in December/January of this year and the impending one.

Thanks again to all who responded; your sticking to the topic and addressing the queries and/or issues are always indeed appreciated!

That's what this site and others are to be about, are they not?

Guest icon513

Guys in Thailand sell sex for exactly the same reasons guys in the US and everywhere else sell sex: they either enjoy it, need some extra cash, or both. It's no different ethically to buy sex in Thailand than anywhere else in the world.

Hey fellows, I've been a participant at this site for almost some 3+ years now, and whenever I've seen someone desparaging another needlessly as well as senselessly-- I've ignored and have tried not to respond, although quite difficult at times.

Perhaps if we writers and serious members about the topics in this forum and others ceased responding to some of the irrelevant remarks, it is possible that NO threads would be marred by someone who has difficulty focusing and merely wants to rant and rave and disrespect the intent of said thread and fellow respondent and the initial purpose for which the forum serves.

Very good advice.

I also miss "Oz's Thailand Tales" or should that be "tails". He gave me several good tips for my 2 visits to Thailand. Hope he decides to peek back in once in awhile regardless of the site politics.

Archived