Disappointment in Throb/Splash

Lucky
This topic is 6938 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 4 weeks later...

Cheaters and Fast Draws

>Oz

>Your concerns have been forwarded to management. Please do not

>pull it out!!!

>Love

>mama

Well, our group spent way over 6,000 bath there last night. Not a bad night for the bar. Yet, even with this the bar decided to throw in 400 baht more of drinks after they took our tickets up to get final total. I guess they did not see our accountant and a Thai boy both tally up the bill. Or, they didn't think we would notice as several of our group had too much to drink. However, the fact that they tried to pull a fast one on us is enough now to say goodbye to them. Fuck em!

Guest Stephan Lacoste

RE: Cheaters and Fast Draws

6,000 B that is a lot of money to spend, I wonder how did this happen :) was it just for drinks lol

I remember one of the waiter (the one with not such a cute face) were always coming around and wanted drinks and tips. Then when I decided to take someone with me, he got jealous and was pissed off at me and could not stop bothering me. I thought that was weird.

I have realized that no matter where you go, you need to count how much drinks exactly you pick up, cause they might try to add up few things at the end. It isn't really a question of price cause it is so damn cheap, it is just a principle of cheating that I don't like.

Guest Stephan Lacoste

RE: Cheaters and Fast Draws

Well I haven't been cheated either in the bars but when they tried to add up 400 B for nothing I just think it is safe to check it twice.. May be it was just a mistake... but once you realize it happened you wil be upset thinking they tried to cheat you and it could have been just a mistake...

I have been to "few bars" as well and they seems to be very honest. Except that one night with the 400 B, after spending about 7500 B all together..

• 5 months later...

Nuts

My first night in Throb/Splash on this trip and when I went to get the tab paid for, I checked it. Once again, another 120 baht for an additional drink was added to the bill. This place must be making a killing on the farangs that don't check their bin at the end!

>"I always tip but the fact that she wanted more than

>customary was insulting for me"

>

>Geez.

Lucky,

Are you having your period today? Not sure what the 3 messages are for but I assume you are on the rag? :)

Since I don't really get your subtle hints, just lay it on the line for me.

Last night while making my rounds, one of my favorite stops has been Throb/Splash in Boyztown. I had a waiter last night who begged for me to buy him a drink and then begged for me to tip at the end of the time I spent there. I always tip but the fact that she wanted more than customary was insulting for me. I have had this happen at many bars but never here. It was a bit disppointing to see this occur.

The big dragqueen who they have had for years has aparently left the place and the new shows are not as good and not as exciting. She was the star of the show and honestly I went just to see here many nights. I think it was poor judgement on management to let her go as she really did bring in the crowds.

I am not giving up on the place as it has been a regular stop of mine for a long time but if the waiter again pulls that same stuff, I will be forced to pull out my New York attitude. :)

Okay:

Totally Oz is home in Oz but turning TotallyCheap over some minor amounts of money. He is there to have fun, but he keeps getting upset (just like a Westerner) over minor incidents. Add up the dollars and realize that in the long run of this short life it ain't much, pay it, have fun with the boys, tell us about the fun,and don't complain anymore until you are in bankruptcy!

Becaue you are ostentatious, it is not surprising that poorer people might see an opportunity to make an extra buck from you. Sometimes it is okay to let them do so. It is the slow season. Plus, how can you have fun if you keep getting pissed off? Farang!:)

But I still love you.

What I want to know is...

How come the original post on this thread is dated May 17,2005, and all the responses come WAAAAAAAY before that?????

Some kind of time machine in this place?

Twilight Zone.... do do do do... do do do do... you are entering....

>Okay:

>Totally Oz is home in Oz but turning TotallyCheap over some

>minor amounts of money. He is there to have fun, but he keeps

>getting upset (just like a Westerner) over minor incidents.

>Add up the dollars and realize that in the long run of this

>short life it ain't much, pay it, have fun with the boys, tell

>us about the fun,and don't complain anymore until you are in

>bankruptcy!

LOL Actually, I am getting there. If I file before the fucking Republican rules change am I then allowed to complain? ;)

>Becaue you are ostentatious, it is not surprising that poorer

>people might see an opportunity to make an extra buck from

>you. Sometimes it is okay to let them do so. It is the slow

>season. Plus, how can you have fun if you keep getting pissed

>off? Farang!:)

Lucky, please explain those long words to me. I had to look up ostentatious. That is too many sylab a bles for me. :)

And really, I don't get that pissed off all the time. I just make sure my bill is right. If it is, I tip. It is isn't, I have it corrected and then I tip. ;)

PS I went back by the bar in question and the manager apologized to me, bought me a round of drinks for the 3 boys I had and we made up. Then I offed 12 of their boys for Karoke. :)

>But I still love you.

I love you too! :)

Guest Tampa Yankee

... but then it is the 'Land of Oz'

>Some kind of time machine in this place?

>

>Twilight Zone.... do do do do... do do do do... you are

>entering....

lol....

It seems that 'The Land of Smiles' is also the Land of Magic... in addition to being The Land of Fun!! }(

Archived